British Speedway Forum

Can't see the points limit changing but you are going to have to shed a couple of big average riders to get below limit. I think everyone will be looking for the 2015 Steve Worrall, starting on a 3 and finishing over 7.

And even after shedding riders, both Edinburgh and Somerset will still have title challenging teams next season.

The keys are 1) sign improvers 2) don't sign doublers unless you have the priority over fixtures.

Ippo actually didn't have a bad team this season - just lacked a big hitter.

There has got to be changes for sure.

Danny King

Cameron Heeps

Morten Risager

Gino Manzares

Richie Worrall

Daniel Hasley

Leigh Lanham

or

Rohan Tungate

Cameron Heeps

Rasmus Jensen

Gino Manzares

Richie Worrall

Leigh Lanham

Adam Ellis

Not sure the second will fit

I would go with Worrall, Heeps, Manzares and Ellis. Not sure about Hawkins on his average, but Tungate and Risager will not entice me to Foxhall again next year. Danny King is a must imo...

• Like 1

I would go with Worrall, Heeps, Manzares and Ellis. Not sure about Hawkins on his average, but Tungate and Risager will not entice me to Foxhall again next year. Danny King is a must imo...

Agree with every word.

pretty much in line with my assessment.

Whilst it would be harsh in Ritchie H it may be his average forces him out if to accomodate the top end.

King, Heeps, Manzares, Risager, Worrall, Hawkins, whatevers left.

Would be very strong home and away.

this would be a great team for Newcastle :approve:

this would be a great team for Newcastle :approve:

apart from risager

Why do people keep sticking tungate and risager in their teams for next year? They have been flops when it's really mattered

I would go with Worrall, Heeps, Manzares and Ellis. Not sure about Hawkins on his average, but Tungate and Risager will not en

tice me to Foxhall again next year. Danny King is a must imo...

Totally agree, about risager and tungate, harsh on Hawkins but he may have to go to accommodate a new up and coming rider.
  • Like 1

It seems most are agreed on a core of

King 8.84

Worrall 7.32

Gino 6.02

Cam 5.38

Adam 4.67

Total 32.23 leaving 10.27 under current limit

Options for the final 2

If we go with what we know then Leigh and Hawkins would fit.

Wells on 6.46 has been mentioned. With him in you have the likes of Fox Bates Nielsen and Greenwood who fit.

Go with a 3 pointer or if a fast track type system is introduced then Sedgman Lindgren and Aspegren fit but of course therre is a problem with Swedes and Thursdays. A new 7 pointer from elsewhere perhaps?

Poole or Bellego would fit with Covatti.

Tressarieu would fit with Sneddon Lykke Rose Roynon Bunyan Starke Campton

October averages used so there could be a few minor tweaks for a number of those quoted that make a difference.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Adam, Bellego and Teessarieu in the same team ?

You'd have baguettes and cheese in the snack bar within a month

• Like 2

Wells and Bates would be good around foxhall, but matt t and Roynon would be the extra 2 racers we need on the racers tracks.

I think it's pretty pointless suggesting teams without Risager in it.

You all need to start with him, then speculate on the 6 others.

I actually like the look of Kevin Wolbert on his current average.

Edited by CardinalSin

Word of warning for those suggesting Ricky Wells.

This from Olga on the Worky thread..

"Don't mind who Comets bring in next year Mgt are good in my view. Having said that lose Ricky Wells for goodness sake.

Start of season 7.81 now he's 6.46 and he's ridden a lot of the year as second string. It's not like he's seeing tracks for the first time either - so no excuses there. He scores more for Wolves than Comets and has ridden in a World Cup. I've seen him after a lap and a half check he's good where he is and coast in ... if he gates great if he doesn't he might as well pull off the track.

Poor signing and Sheffield fans saw all this last season ... let him go asap. Why reward a guy with another season when he's "blown us out" this year?"

That isn't an isolated post about Wells either as I've seen many many posters questioning his dedication, commitment and attitude.

Swerve.