British Speedway Forum

Or forget king altogether, I was all for him, but didn't exactly look any better than Wells or tungate.

If you take Worrall out, which I wouldn't do, but let's just say he doesn't come back, and we also don't use king what does all our riders from this year except Worrall leave?

Or forget king altogether, I was all for him, but didn't exactly look any better than Wells or tungate.

I think its a little foolish to rule someone either in or out next season on what is essentially an end of season glorified practice session.
  • Like 2

I'm not sure where all the fuss about Danny King comes from. I think I would stick with Tungate over King & I think Rohan has improvement left in him & King is at his level & could easily see his average drop.

Other than that Gino & Cam have got to stay

I'd go for Rohan Richie W Gino Cam & Ruml as a top 5 but not sure what that would leave from the bottom end.

Here we go:

King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins & a 3 pointer (depending on the final Greensheets they might be able to squeeze in Bates under 42.50, otherwise ... Halsey?).

Tungate & Risager could go to, e.g. Workington, Sheffield or Berwick.

Ellis becomes a "victim" of the points limit, but would have a shed load of teams looking to help him build his experience - while the most important thing for the young man to do is to get a new EL home circuit.

Josh Bates? Really? Only one place Josh will be racing in 2015 and that place has big family ties

I'm not sure where all the fuss about Danny King comes from. I think I would stick with Tungate over King & I think Rohan has improvement left in him & King is at his level & could easily see his average drop.

Other than that Gino & Cam have got to stay

I'd go for Rohan Richie W Gino Cam & Ruml as a top 5 but not sure what that would leave from the bottom end.

I said the same about King, but he is definitely flavour of the month.

Can't see the top five that you name as being anywhere near strong enough. Wells instead of Ruml would be a huge difference.

I said the same about King, but he is definitely flavour of the month.

Can't see the top five that you name as being anywhere near strong enough. Wells instead of Ruml would be a huge difference.

wouldnt have to be Wells or Ruml - could be both and a 3 pointer.

I assume Ruml would come in on a 5 average ? If he came that is .

Edited by Super Blue

I find it bizarre that anyone would think King would be anything other than a powerful number 1 in this league.

Has he found his level? you'd have to say yes, but that level has been a second or third heatleader in the Elite league for years now.

Simon Stead and Ed Kennett have also found their level, and I'd argue that neither of those two have been a better rider than King over the years, but both have been nothing other than very very good number 1's in the Premier league.

King is a PL 9 pointer all ends up, and I've no doubt he'll still be a 9 pointer at the end of next season and on a similar average to both Stead and Kennett.

Barker is another you could throw in there, brilliant PL number 1, has he been or is he better than King? no.

• Like 2

I find it bizarre that anyone would think King would be anything other than a powerful number 1 in this league.

Has he found his level? you'd have to say yes, but that level has been a second or third heatleader in the Elite league for years now.

Simon Stead and Ed Kennett have also found their level, and I'd argue that neither of those two have been a better rider than King over the years, but both have been nothing other than very very good number 1's in the Premier league.

King is a PL 9 pointer all ends up, and I've no doubt he'll still be a 9 pointer at the end of next season and on a similar average to both Stead and Kennett.

Barker is another you could throw in there, brilliant PL number 1, has he been or is he better than King? no.

I said similar, very surprised at the luke warm response to the prospect of King joining by some. If he signs, they could prove to be right and us wrong time will tell as always!

At the risk of turning into DIAMONDS from the Newcastle thread how about -

King

Tungate

Wells

Manzares

Heeps

Ellis

Sargeant

Not sure if it would quite fit but of course the finals figures will be marginally different from Octobers so could go either way!

King

Tungate

Wells

Manzares

Heeps

Ellis

Sargeant

Not sure if it would quite fit but of course the finals figures will be marginally different from Octobers so could go either way!

king and tungate will average about 8 away from home but the rest a bit week wells will score good on the road as much as ludvig does for us up toon

King

Tungate

Wells

Manzares

Heeps

Ellis

Sargeant

0.23 over! try again..... :P

What about......

Barker, Manzares, Jorgensen, Wells, Heeps, Ellis, Covatti :t:

or

Schlein, Manzares, Jorgensen, Heeps, Sissis, Ellis, Covatti

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

King

Tungate

Wells

Manzares

Heeps

Ellis

Sargeant

0.23 over! try again..... :P

What about......

Barker, Manzares, Jorgensen, Wells, Heeps, Ellis, Covatti :t:

You've both left out Risager, ultimate schoolboy error! so both try again :P

If morten is named in the team for the wrong reasons, then it tells me all i need to know about Ipswich speedway and those that run it