British Speedway Forum

I'm off to Lamothe Landerron tomorrow to watch Adam and a few others practice. It's not all doom and gloom

And when has Chris Louis ever been open and easy to talk to?

Parallel universe?

I've had several chats with him (and JL) over the years. They've always been willing to chat at Supporters Club events, e.g. Quiz nights. On the night of a match it's more difficult because they tend to be busy. Complaining on here isn't any use, you need to make direct contact. Simple.

I think if I was running speedway, I would invent an indoor winter series

Didn't they try that at Brighton (plus the speedway on ice at Telford)? It seems that neither proved to be financially viable. Edited by Had Enough Too

I was thinking more of an indoor world championship type of thing at a few different venue and a decent sized track for starters.

I'm off to Lamothe Landerron tomorrow to watch Adam and a few others practice. It's not all doom and gloom

Is he practicing anything in particular, I know his starts vastly improved over this season.

I've had several chats with him (and JL) over the years. They've always been willing to chat at Supporters Club events, e.g. Quiz nights. On the night of a match it's more difficult because they tend to be busy. Complaining on here isn't any use, you need to make direct contact. Simple.

I wern't compaining just stating fact that most people involved with speedway and Ipswich in particular will know all to well!

That said despite Chris Louis' obvious social shortcomings, I respect that he does know what hes doing speedway wise and Ipswich must be one of the more stable clubs in British speedway!

• Like 2

I was thinking more of an indoor world championship type of thing at a few different venue and a decent sized track for starters.

Is he practicing anything in particular, I know his starts vastly improved over this season.

Did try some new clutch bits and generally a morning spent dusting off the cobwebs. Beautiful sunny morning here.

Didn't they try that at Brighton (plus the speedway on ice at Telford)? It seems that neither proved to be financially viable.

The only reason Telford and Brighton ended is because the landlords kicked them out. Not because they were not financially viable. The fact that both took place for a combined 30+ years suggests they worked.

Have to agree, if I was looking to run speedway I'd be looking at some sort of indoor championship. There enough indoor centres etc around that it must be possible these days.

Jdnny the spud was Berge there or is he still injured

yes he had a skid, looked ok

Brighton finished due to the the arena having a re fit, then the next season they wanted the arena cleared by 1am even when the arena wasn't being used so Martin Dugard sadly had no choice to pull the plug. I for one really miss the brighton bonanza meeting.

Brighton finished due to the the arena having a re fit, then the next season they wanted the arena cleared by 1am even when the arena wasn't being used so Martin Dugard sadly had no choice to pull the plug. I for one really miss the brighton bonanza meeting.

Used to love the Brighton Bonanza went every year. Some were great at it and others couldnt turn the bike. Remember Mark Loram there and just in awe of his throttle control.

I remember the year a very jet lagged / hungover Kelly Moran was there. Managed to get my picture with the legend before the meeting which is still framed to this day.

He came out in the pairs and was left miles behind in evey race, he then pulled out of the individual in the evening to get plastered in the bar!!

So its as you were in terms of team building for the PL in 2015.

Hopefully we get some news of the team in the next few days.