British Speedway Forum

Steen Jensen joined Berwick last year on his 2005 Isle of Wight average.

So someone like Sundstrom could go back into the PL on his current PL ave then....

So someone like Sundstrom could go back into the PL on his current PL ave then....

What elite league average did jensen have? It's a nice try but won't ever ever ever happen! :approve:

What elite league average did jensen have? It's a nice try but won't ever ever ever happen! :approve:

Why not? Its happened already...

"Co-promoter Steve Whitehead said: “There had been some queries about Michael’s average, which would have been converted to 7.28 for the Premier League based on his 2014 performances with Belle Vue. and we received confirmation that his average would be the 2013 figure of 4.92"

Linus Sindstrom has a EL ave of 7.22 (from 2013) and a PL ave 9.53 (from 2010) Which ave would be used if he came back? :neutral:

Steve Johnston EL 5.35 (2008) or PL ave 7.54 (2010) :neutral:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Its just another example of the inconsistency in the regs.

Jensen could use an average thats 8 years old.

Sundstrom cant use one from 4 years ago. because he had 2 years in the EL in between.

Palm Toft can use one thats 2 years old because he only had 1 year in the EL before returning.

Palm Tofts 4.92 is valid under the regs but that doesnt mean it is a fair assessment.

All i can say is well done to the Workington management team for signing a rider than clearly has plenty of room for improvement in his average, he was there for anyone to sign. And you never know, Louis may also be signing and absolute gem or 2 yet.

Edited by baldyman

Its just another example of the inconsistency in the regs.

Jensen could use an average thats 8 years old.

Sundstrom cant use one from 4 years ago. because he had 2 years in the EL in between.

Palm Toft can use one thats 2 years old because he only had 1 year in the EL before returning.

Palm Tofts 4.92 is valid under the regs but that i all doesnt mean it is a fair assessment.

i agree, its crazy... The Jensen average 8 years later, and the decision to ignore their own rules not to allow Schlein to sign for peterboro sums the sport in this country up really.....
  • Like 1

But how long does an average stay current? thats my point and using Sundstrom as an example. Sure theres more riders out there...

A current average is basically last seasons. If Toft had signed for an EL this season and rode a meeting, he would not longer have a current PL average. Once Sundstrom started his 2nd EL season he no longer had a current PL average.

Steen Jensen only ever had a PL average (he does actually have an EL average from circa-2003 but it would not be relevant as he has raced 2 PL seasons since). His parent club (Eastbourne I assume as they were his first club) could have applied for him to be reassesed and the BSPA could have reassessed him at any figure they chose, as can be the case for any rider missing 3 complete season - the average can go up, down or stay the same.

Toft has only raced 1 EL season so still has a PL average.

This isn't a new rule, the rule has been around since 2001 after Kokko, Cunningham and Compton were screwed over that year. moved up as 8 point PL men, average high 5s in the EL and were either forced to retire, drop down on 11 averages or go to another EL club and get their average down.

Edited by SCB

A current average is basically last seasons. If Toft had signed for an EL this season and rode a meeting, he would not longer have a current PL average. Once Sundstrom started his 2nd EL season he no longer had a current PL average.

Steen Jensen only ever had a PL average (he does actually have an EL average from circa-2003 but it would not be relevant as he has raced 2 PL seasons since). His parent club (Eastbourne I assume as they were his first club) could have applied for him to be reassesed and the BSPA could have reassessed him at any figure they chose, as can be the case for any rider missing 3 complete season - the average can go up, down or stay the same.

Toft has only raced 1 EL season so still has a PL average.

This isn't a new rule, the rule has been around since 2001 after Kokko, Cunningham and Compton were screwed over that year. moved up as 8 point PL men, average high 5s in the EL and were either forced to retire, drop down on 11 averages or go to another EL club and get their average down.

Youd think Jensen would have been given an assesed ave after 8 years away...

If hed been world champ in those 8 years it wouldnt have stood lol

• Like 1

Only the return of Mike Smillie can ignite the spirit needed for a championship fight.

taken from http://www.ipswichwitches.co

Co-promoter Chris Louis is pleased with the team-building completed so far and has this message for Foxhall fans: "The final two pieces of the jigsaw are almost in place and one thing I can assure you is that once again we are in for an entertaining year of Speedway on the heath. I like you am craving silverware in the cabinet to go alongside that entertainment, and having had long conversations with our new Team Manager (who will be announced very soon), I know he is adamant that any type of year, however entertaining, will have been wasted if that’s not the case! I hope that when the full team has been announced, you will agree it is a team worth supporting, it will as usual have the full support of the management team, so let’s get right behind them and make 2015 a season to remember!