British Speedway Forum

19th March , typical !

Missed last years opener ( Mortens testimonial ) due to a family 50th birthday .

This year I won't even be in the country and won't be back for the trip to Rye on 21st either . Mind you there is a certain appeal to being somewhere warm as opposed to freezing at Foxhall in March .

I'm also guessing the 19th will be Rye as I'm sure Good Friday will be a Panthers double header . if so let's hope we don't get double gubbed again this year .

Mind you there is a certain appeal to being somewhere warm as opposed to freezing at Foxhall in March .

It'll be freezing in April & May too

I think rohan will be our highest scorer at home, but overall I think Danny will keep hold of the number 1 jacket. And if covatti can push cam and gino along then we will do fine.

Will surely be Rye on the 19th I'd have thought?

Hope so it'll be good to start with a couple of easy wins to boost confidence for the season ahead.. :P

• Like 1

So we start with the Billy Sanders memorial on the 19th.

Good that the riders get a meeting under their belts before facing Rye away on the 21st, who may go in to that LC fixture cold?

It all seems real again now - not long to wait!!

Glad to see the memerial to Billy as the opener.

Can still remember the tears as a child when I found out

2ndbendbeerhut, on 19 Jan 2015 - 4:53 PM, said:

Any ideas on who gets priority with King and Nielsen?

Apparently if neither team owns the rider then it goes on which team declared their full team first !! (New one on me) This is quote from S Star and regarding Redcar having first call on Stuart Robson over Coventry. So looks like you could be in luck :drink:

Apparently if neither team owns the rider then it goes on which team declared their full team first !! (New one on me) This is quote from S Star and regarding Redcar having first call on Stuart Robson over Coventry. So looks like you could be in luck :drink:

Seems sensible. Must be galling, after selecting your team and submitting it, another promotion comes along and wrecks your plans.

• Like 1

Seems sensible. Must be galling, after selecting your team and submitting it, another promotion comes along and wrecks your plans.

Speedway using sensible rules..... It will never catch on!

• Like 1

All the above is now a little irrelevant with what has transpired over the last 24 hours. Be interesting to see how this all ends, possibly in tears? We could be most troubled by this so an early announcement would be welcomed from within.

Would be good to have confirmation from the club as to whether 2 or 3 are involved.

Swindon for example have stated Morris is not affected.

Would be good to have confirmation from the club as to whether 2 or 3 are involved.

Swindon for example have stated Morris is not affected.

As I expected, Heeps NOT affected, Tungate and Manzares are the two with visa issues confirmed by Mike Bacon.

As I expected, Heeps NOT affected, Tungate and Manzares are the two with visa issues confirmed by Mike Bacon.

Good to have that confirmed. Although he has British grandparents he doesn't actually hold a British passport as far as I know.