MrBeerhut may have a few etra details

Meeting at Pinjar in Perth.

Field included Jake Allen Josh Bates Arthur Sissis

MrBeerhut may have a few etra details

May I? ;) Thanks to some updates from the track, cheers Lewis :cheers:

Heat 1: Heeps, Ballantyne, Rutherford, Heys

Heat 5: Heeps, Smith, Sissis, Gill

Heat 9: Heeps, Bates, Russell, Williams

Heat 13: Heeps, Allen, Gittus. (Jake Allen had won each of his 3 rides before that)

Heat 17: Heeps, Winchester, Furfaro. (Real close between 1st and 2nd)

Semi 1 : Heeps, Winchester, Sissis, Rutherford.

Semi 2 : Awarded - Bates, Smith, Russell, Allen (Allen drops it coming out of turn 4 going into the last lap while leading comfortably, he's excluded and race awarded)

Final : Heeps 1st, Bates 2nd, Winchester 3rd, Smith 4th

Heat scores: Heeps 15, Allen 14, Bates 13, Winchester 12, Smith 9, Sissis 8, Rutherford 8, Russell 8 (semi qualifiers)

Scoble 7, Williams 5, Gittus 5, Furfaro 4, Heys 3, Gill 2, Ballantyne 2 (withdrew, injured), Clemens DNR

How did Arthur Sissy get on? The poor lad's had a mare in pre-season so far.

Sissis 1,1,0,3.3

Fell 1st turn in the race he didn't score and got off the track. finished the heats with a win, but only 2 riders in the race! Didn't trouble 2nd in his semi final.

Btw Smith is Andy Smith's son who hasn't been on a 500cc very long

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

Sissis 1,1,0,3.3

Fell 1st turn in the race he didn't score and got off the track. finished the heats with a win, but only 2 riders in the race! Didn't trouble 2nd in his semi final.

I know for a fact Chris Louis watched him very closely at Foxhall last summer. I think Louis made his mind up there and then that it wasn't an option he was going to explore in great detail!

No offence to the lad but he looked abysmal, couldn't turn the bike properly around the bends and was slow and constantly out of shape. Almost looked as though it was the first time he'd ever sat on a speedway bike let alone ridden one.

Could all be a red herring of course and he could well turn out to be decent given time. I won't hold my breath though..

Think a few Witches fans thought he would sign for the Witches and surprised that he went to Sheffield. Not had much racing on a 500cc so can only improve and with Sheffield being a bigger track it should suit him more. Certainly think he will struggle at the smaller ones, Pinjar is about 160m i believe, so at the moment glad we got Covatti rather than Sissis...... time will tell.

I think Sissis won 3 under 16 titles, before giving the red bull series a go, so he can obviously ride a speedway bike, but a 500 bike is a different animal.

Agree it's a different animal. There's been youth stars over the years that looked like they had the world at their feet, only to flop once they moved on to 500cc and disappeared.

On the flip side there's been others who looked pretty ordinary at youth level who then thrived on 500cc and had good careers.

Always dangerous to make predictions though before a competitive wheel has been turned as you can end up looking a right turnip.

That's why I'll sit firmly on the fence and say Sissis could actually do very very well, or he might not :D

Would the Rutherford who scored 8 points, same as Sissis the Ex Newport( Mr chequered flag/cobra) Shelby Rutherford, ?

Well done to both rohan and Cameron for winning in Australia. Can only be good for confidence.

What was the standard of the other riders?