British Speedway Forum

No unauthorised rider can appear on any track at which even one paying spectator is still present -- 'closing the meeting' means nothing other than the meeting referee's offski.

Imagine the financial implication stemming from the scenario of a bike going into the crowd and injuring paid-in spectators, and the rider had no right to be there?

Promoters carry huge Employers Liability insurance of up to £10 million in respect of claims -- which would be totally invalidated by a non-legal rider appearing in any second-half.

A 'closed door' practice is allowed, usually termed 'non-competitive training' but only if there is an ambulance, a driver and ambulance attendant present.

EL insurance only covers Employees injured in an accident, you mean Public Liability insurance (ex Willis employee signing in).

Well spanner47 seems to know they qualify, so I was hoping he would answer how gino qualifies. Maybe it's a secretive thing that no one is allowed to say, maybe not all of us use the special handshake.

we dont even know whether the club actually has a sponsor certificate yet.

If not then applications cant even be considered evrn if the criteria are met.

Yeah I know all that, but I just still want to know how he qualifies. That's all I want to know, and obviously some know how.

According to someone much closer to the club than me, Gino's 4th place the year before is good enough. I didn't think it was. but he's been assured it is.

• Like 1

Thanks for that spanner47 lets hope that's correct.

All very well some on here stating that this or that rider does/doesn't meet the criteria, when the fact is none of us know exactly what that criteria is.

According to someone much closer to the club than me, Gino's 4th place the year before is good enough. I didn't think it was. but he's been assured it is.

seems most likely if true. An adjustment away from the currently stated previous season would also draw in Smith and Davies for acceptance.

I read on another thread that this Visa business could drag on until May! If that happens, could there be fixtures where we're looking at R/R and three guests for King, Nielsen, Tungate and Manzares? :neutral:

Edited by Bloomy

totally misread the post . my COMmEnTS removed.......... sorry.......

Edited by jenga

Well the countdown clock on the official website says 25 days, and still no word on whether the club have even regained their sponsors license yet let alone the riders' visas.

Perhaps we'll know a little more this week. I see Mike Bacon hasn't tweeted anything for over a week so perhaps he's been on his Hollibobs hence the lack of any information.

Or possibly not.

I can see the first few weeks of the season descending into a complete farce at this rate !

Normally they say no news is good news but unfortunately in this case it seems to be completely the opposite .

We should all be getting restless by now for the season to start again after the long break but personally im dreading the thought of half baked teams everywhere full of guests or blank spaces in the programs .

It's really depressing when a so called professional sport can't get its house in order .

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gino Manzares represent Team USA in the Speedway World Cup in 2014. If so doesn't that make him one of the best four riders in the USA? I liked watching him ride last year so perhaps that makes me biased! :)

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gino Manzares represent Team USA in the Speedway World Cup in 2014. If so doesn't that make him one of the best four riders in the USA? I liked watching him ride last year so perhaps that makes me biased! :)

Correct he represented the USA.... but afaik that means nothing...... unless thats what the Ipswich promotion are pining their hopes on, and have been told its ok. Then again they could have "read" the rules wrong and Manzares isn't getting a visa. Not that anything can be done until they are given their sponsorship licence back........

Think we all did! Was an excellent debut season and will be a crying shame if he's not granted a Visa.

Just have to carry on waiting but the clock is ticking fast..