British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh's favourite inside source has announced that Sedgmen and Masters are in Scotland, and I think Rohan T is already over here too. Obviously, these guys are cleared in OK (ie, they didn't arrive under a container-lorry at Felixstowe) so what exactly is the story about riders getting, or not getting, entry visas?

I wouldnt assume anything just yet.
  • Like 1

@batchattack1: Me and @rohantungate just finished a morning sesh at @CrossFit_ISC in Ipswich good bunch of people down there 👍

Tweet from Troy Batchelor, so now we know for certain Rohan is in the UK.

Holiday Visa presumably?

@batchattack1: Me and @rohantungate just finished a morning sesh at @CrossFit_ISC in Ipswich good bunch of people down there

Tweet from Troy Batchelor, so now we know for certain Rohan is in the UK.

Holiday Visa presumably?

Either that or batch brought him in his hand luggage

• Like 4

Still no licence back though.......

From Mike Bacon:

@ipswichspeedway fans visa latest. Just spoke to CL. Witches have been told b getting licence any day now. Tapes up soon boys & girls

@ipswichspeedway Once licence in place @rohantungate & @Gino_Manzares can apply for their visas. Hell Yes they can!! #speedway

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Mmmm a bit behind a few others then!

I read on a Poole press release that Chris Holder will wait for up to three weeks from applying for his Visa to recieve it, so if we still haven't got the sponsor licence yet, the two riders look favourite to miss a few meetings at the start of the season?

Fingers crossed they are available for the Good Friday fixtures, because the attendance already looks like taking a hit with Ipswich town playing a few hours later at home.

Missing Tungate and Manzares could see even more stay away which would be a big blow to the promotion who rely on the bank holiday "money spinners".

Edited by CardinalSin

Just found the following:

Ipswich Speedway Promotions Ltd Ipswich Suffolk Tier 2 (A rating) Sport

updated on the 26th Feb.

so looks like the Witches do have their licence as of today..... only 7 clubs do though at present! :o

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

Mmmm a bit behind a few others then!

I read on a Poole press release that Chris Holder will wait for up to three weeks from applying for his Visa to recieve it, so if we still haven't got the sponsor licence yet, the two riders look favourite to miss a few meetings at the start of the season?

Fingers crossed they are available for the Good Friday fixtures, because the attendance already looks like taking a hit with Ipswich town playing a few hours later at home.

Missing Tungate and Manzares could see even more stay away which would be a big blow to the promotion who rely on the bank holiday "money spinners".

Well no Blackbird or Rob Lambert for Panthers so that's two less Panthers fans coming now.

so looks like the Witches do have their licence as of today..... only 7 clubs do though at present! :o

Only 9 clubs need one doing a quick count.

Only 9 clubs need one doing a quick count.

Im just trying to work out the 2 still not sorted!

At least the licence is official now, direct tweet from Ipswich Speedway. Just hope there's enough time for the work permit visa's to come through for the start of the season.

I'd still love to know how Gino qualifies though.

Well no Blackbird or Rob Lambert for Panthers so that's two less Panthers fans coming now.

Thats a shame. Hopefully Panthers get good guests and it's still a good meeting.

Definitely devalues the product with all these double uppers constantly missing fixtures here and there, it can be so frustrating as we found out with Ellis last year.

It'll be interesting to see how Robert Lambert gets on in the Billy Sanders memorial and how he handles Foxhall.

I initially thought it was a good fixture for him to get some Foxhall laps under his belt with Good Friday just around the corner.