British Speedway Forum

It all just goes to show that the speculation on here was unwarranted and a little bit more communication from the powers that be earlier would have stopped all the fretting and arguments about qualifying criteria in there tracks.

But hey, since when has "keeping the fans informed" happened anywhere in speedway let alone at individual teams?

• Like 2

so mason campton can ride on his 2 year visa if thats the case.

Please clarify why you think that Manzares should be any different to the likes of Wethers, Poole !!!! As Sheffield fans have found out today never to assume everything is okay because nothing has been said so far. If they don't have the correct criteria they shouldn't get the visa simple as. His average is less than 7 and no top 4 finish , so what miracle is Mr Louis gonna do

So as it goes, Manzares was different to the riders you mentioned, as he qualified and they didn't. No "Miracle" needed by "Mr Louis" either.

• Like 2

Reading the post above they don't need one.

The theory that all Visas were ripped up and new ones had to be applied for doesn't seem to be the case.

When has the local paper ever been known to be wrong?! :wink::shock::D

When has the local paper ever been known to be wrong?! :wink::shock::D

dont judge the star by the standards of the echo! wink
  • Like 4

Might it be that the riders who are still with their 2014 club/employer have had their 2- or 3-year visas automatically reactivated as soon as the club had had a (new) sponsor licence approved?

Great news on the boys visas.

Now that's been sorted I quite fancy us to do well.

I'm predicting an impressive year for Heeps too. I was expecting one last season but the wrist injury obviously put paid to that.

He started to look much much better towards the end of last year so hopefully he hits the ground running.

I can see a good couple of points on his current average.

Ok , now all the speculation is done and dusted what do we reckon on the team ?

It's been recognised for a long time that for a team to do well there needs to be potential for improvement in individual riders .

Here's my opinion , for what it's worth .

Danny , should at least maintain his average if not improve slightly . Ought to be a good solid No1.

Rohan , probably reached his level but will hopefully up his game again and prove me wrong .

Gino , definitely got potential to up his average a point or two , If he doesn't over ride like he did at the end of last season .

Cam , again could well see a move in the right direction . Needs to deliver on the previously shown potential .

Ritchie , would imagine he will stay about the same average wise . Likely to float between top 5 and reserve births .

Nico , for me he has huge scoring potential on the right equipment and is a heat leader with a reserves average .

Stefan , don't really know what direction he will go in , all depends if he can stay on his bike in enough rides .

So , if everyone gets it right we could end up having a reasonable year.

Silverware possibilities ?

Now that's a completely different question , there are a few formidable looking teams in the Prem this year so I will leave my opinion on that till the season starts to take shape a little .

Ok , now all the speculation is done and dusted what do we reckon on the team ?

It's been recognised for a long time that for a team to do well there needs to be potential for improvement in individual riders .

Here's my opinion , for what it's worth .

Danny , should at least maintain his average if not improve slightly . Ought to be a good solid No1.

Rohan , probably reached his level but will hopefully up his game again and prove me wrong .

Gino , definitely got potential to up his average a point or two , If he doesn't over ride like he did at the end of last season .

Cam , again could well see a move in the right direction . Needs to deliver on the previously shown potential .

Ritchie , would imagine he will stay about the same average wise . Likely to float between top 5 and reserve births .

Nico , for me he has huge scoring potential on the right equipment and is a heat leader with a reserves average .

Stefan , don't really know what direction he will go in , all depends if he can stay on his bike in enough rides .

So , if everyone gets it right we could end up having a reasonable year.

Silverware possibilities ?

Now that's a completely different question , there are a few formidable looking teams in the Prem this year so I will leave my opinion on that till the season starts to take shape a little .

I would say yes. Witches are one of four stand out teams in the Premier Lge this year imo...

Who are the other 3? Glasgow, Edinburgh and Workington?

Glasgow, Edinburgh and Peterborough. Don't fancy Worky this year, so they will probably do very well.. :D

Been thinking about Billy Sanders with his memorial next week, with lots of 70's and 80's memorabilia on show.

What a golden era that was!

There are always songs I hear from time to time on the blower that take me back to those great days at Foxhall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xx1_CbJTI Booker T Time Is Tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bsoyT86LE A Swingin safari. I can't remember if this is one I used to hear at the stadium, or whether it was the advertising theme on local radio (think it was radio orwell at the time?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqHCb16MNg And of course the obvious one, the much loved A Walk In The Black Forest

Are there any I've missed? Any tunes that remind anyone else of the great days of Billy's era?

• Like 3

Been thinking about Billy Sanders with his memorial next week, with lots of 70's and 80's memorabilia on show.

What a golden era that was!

There are always songs I hear from time to time on the blower that take me back to those great days at Foxhall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xx1_CbJTI Booker T Time Is Tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bsoyT86LE A Swingin safari. I can't remember if this is one I used to hear at the stadium, or whether it was the advertising theme on local radio (think it was radio orwell at the time?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqHCb16MNg And of course the obvious one, the much loved A Walk In The Black Forest

Are there any I've missed? Any tunes that remind anyone else of the great days of Billy's era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjVn9BNt0o

• Like 1