British Speedway Forum

Better than the Rye House ones!

It's a matter of opinion
  • Like 1

There's also another video on YouTube. Another excellent effort. Club using social media well. Long may it continue

Yup good stuff from the club!

Track Talk episode 1

no he hasn't done lately, can't say I saw him at all last season

like the colours better than last year. Interestingly all the covers bar Nico had 1 or 2 on so no giving away riding order yet lol

Ok Badge, thanks for that

What's happened to some of the regular Ipswich contributors on this forum in recent times?

I know Badge still hovers and posts every now and again but nowhere near enough as she used to, and there are plenty of others.

LW, Ipswich Jules, Bailey's hat, MissingOut/Robyn, Boxer, Broomstick, tomcat, Presenter, even Lovey/Had Enough has disappeared again.

A few only used to post sporadically but a few were regular posters but we haven't heard from any of them in yonks!

Would be interesting to know whether it's a case of losing interest in the sport, losing patience with the forum nowadays or simply being far to busy these days to contribute.

Most importantly, hope you're all still alive and well!

Hi Bloomy,

I'm still about, just lost interest in speedway at Foxhall, due mainly to the cold reception I and my family received

upon our return from living in Northern Ireland.

I still have a read on here from time to time and catch meetings on Sky and EuroSport, but I am ultra busy, having qualified

as a Suffolk County FA referee in 2013, at the ripe old age of 49. In fact I am about to embark on my third successive

weekend of 4 full games, two each day, plus I have been selected for various prestigious games, like a County FA Sunday

Cup Semi Final this past Sunday and tonight, Wednesday, I have a League Representative game under lights at Walsham

Le Willow FC's ground.

I also managed four successive promotions in a season and a half, now being a Level 6 referee and enjoying every minute.

Next Season I am attempting my Level 5, which will mean that I can then referee at SIL Senior Level on a Saturday and also

referee up to the Ryman and Isthmean(sp) League level too.

I hope that the Witches have a safe and successful season and they win some silverware in 2015.

Also Best Wishes to ALL Witches fans and speedway fans in general.

Have a good one guys and gals.

• Like 1

At last the season starts tonight for the Witches clock watching already 9 hours to go !!

Really good piece on Anglia News tonight. John Louis, Dave Gooderham, Mick Hines and Ron Bagley reminscing over the 1975/6 champion teams including a nice tribute to Billy Sanders.

• Like 3

Sadly a nasty painful; 1st turn gutser for Ritchie Hawkins at Foxhall tonight. Not a good start for the lad, said to be a couple broken ribs..very painful.

Nice re-union of all the old boys from 1970/80's....good to catch up with Shrimp Davey, a young looking Kevin jolly, Colin Cook, Tim Hunt, Ron Bagley, Preben Erickson, Alajn Sage, Carl Baldwin, Ted Howgego,Mick & Andy Hines....a wonderful turnout to mark Billy Sanders tribute.

A fine night of great memories and laughter...and teh many years we were one big family....10 years of wonderful fun, time doesn't erase teh memory.

Thank you Chris & Julie Louis..JL and Peter Thorpe....such a happy evening with such sad memories of Bill.

James Easter

• Like 5

Ritchie has indeed broken a rib or two. Likely to be out for a couple of weeks - but you never know with these speedway boys!!

Blimey that's roynon and Hawkins failing to make a lap before getting injured with broken ribs. Did anyone actually see what happened? All I saw was him and his bike flying through the air

Was I the only one who thought the other Witches were not exactly busting a gut after Richies crash? Maybe Chris had a quiet word knowing he had lost the skipper didn't really want anyone else in the wars. Main plus for me tonight was Cam

Blimey that's roynon and Hawkins failing to make a lap before getting injured with broken ribs. Did anyone actually see what happened? All I saw was him and his bike flying through the air

right in front of me but not sure had to be a chain or a seized engine as he stopped dead and flew through the air

It looked like a couple of ex witches not busting a gut either.

I thought cam was okay, and nico looks like he should definitely beat other reserves rohan also practicing his tape breaking technique before the season gets going.

I'm sure fuel taps Bro will know if anything went wrong with Ritchie bike.

It looked like it, took a few fence panels down, luckily he got off it just in time or could really have been nasty. Do you know if he is okay ?

• Like 1

the bike took out the first panel, he took out the rest, a bit sore but he'll live

• Like 1

Were either wearing an air jacket?