British Speedway Forum

I think one of the biggest problems is we have a vast amount of fans that will Happily put up with any rubbish and defend it to the hilt.

I think one of the biggest problems is we have a vast amount of fans that will Happily put up with any rubbish and defend it to the hilt.

Most clubs have the happy clappers

But even them (us) are turning their backs now.....

We know it wont happen yet (if at all), but the mood on the terraces is certainly that a couple should go sooner rather than later. Once the play offs are out of reach here's hoping something is done with a view to next season. But this time last season we were calling for a couple to be dropped, only for them to turn it around and finish the season strongly. Obviously changes are down to finances, is there any money in the bank to make changes?

So once we are out of the play offs are out of reach maybe make some changes? I would have thought changes are made so we reach the play offs. We have had Cameron out for a while, we could have tried someone for next season then and now.

8 up with 4 to go, can only be the riders, you cant possibly blame the promotion or Manager for that. Danny gets his first bad gate of the season and Rohan stops him making progress. Then as the track isn't prepared like it has been, when Nico fails to make the gate he can't do what he's been doing all season and win 12 & 14.

As for R/R, I can't see there's another rider sitting at home waiting for a call who could do better.

Rasmus Jensen on 6.14 ???

We all know a rider has to be awful before changes are made. Chris stays very loyal and sometimes it pays off when the rider rediscovers his form. But I just hope when the play offs are out of reach, then we'll hopefully bring in a young Dane with a view to next season.

If Chris was a hard nosed businessman who was in it for his own glory, then he'd probably wield the axe, but it can't be easy sacking your mates. We should remember, Chris never really wanted this gig, if anyone else had offered to take over from John, he'd have said "take it". He could see this sport can only go one way, and it isn't up. Maybe that's the reason not that many fans moan all the time, unlike many other Towns, at least we've still got a track.

Just wanted to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Bob.

Get Well Soon mate.

A top guy and top track man too.

Jerry, Dee & JJ

double edged sword this one.

Can see what you say in that that loyalty could mean that there is less urgency

of course it also means (hopefully) that the club is more stable than most and therefore not at risk as those that attract only a few hundred are.

Do you know what the word "vast" means

Do you know what the word "vast" means

its on a boat innit ?

Seems that Tungate has taken on the "Morten mantle", I.E. Can score (often not enough), rarely make a passing move, & seems to ride 1 line all the time.

Hawkins is a far bigger issue! Been absolutely dire all season long and needs to go, now.

Rolling aves for July:

King 9.45

Covatti 7.07

Tungate 6.96

Heeps 6.23

Manzares 5.56

Nielsen 3.91

Hawkins 3.56

Interesting to note for Manzares to reach his 7 ave (bored sunday afternoon) :shock:

there are 13 matches to end of season, so the last 7 count towards his final ave. scored 48 from 36 5.33

assuming he rides in all 13 remaining fixtures and has 4 rides, thats 52 rides.

52 + 36 = 88 rides in total.

pts / ride (* 4) = cma pts / rides = 1.75

as we know rides and cma ? / 88 =1.75 or 88 *1.75 = pts 154

So Gino has already scored 48 from his first 7 matches... leaving 106 pts from his remaining 13 or 8.16 points per match!

Gonna be hard and not helped by riding at 2!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Manzares needs to be hitting a 7pt ave to retain his visa for next season I beleive