British Speedway Forum

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bacon/status/613058573053095936

That tweet would suggest more than just Hawkins out I'd say? Looks like the replacement is in already?

'' its gonna be a late one'' according to Mike Bacon.

Is that because nothing can happen until Chris has finished his Sky stint!! ;)

• Like 1

Tungate a troublemaker? The problem now with rohan is the one that came up with morten every season. We all thought he could improve on his finishing average and now we have the same issues with rohan and Cameron when he comes back. If he does.rohan is definitely better that the 7 average he will currently have. But he will never be the 9 he and others think he could be.

• Like 1

'' its gonna be a late one'' according to Mike Bacon.

Is that because nothing can happen until Chris has finished his Sky stint!! ;)

i see you've fathomed out the wink ;)

I shouldn't get to excited, just a change at reserve is not enough imho - let's have a change further up the order to then Bacon may have something to get excited about!

Ashley Morris replaces Ritchie Hawkins.[/quote

Source?

Stephen "Foz" Foster from radio Suffolk.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

I would like to see Rasmus Jensen..... Perhaps Cam is picking him up to bring him to Foxhall..... (Twitter)

Like most Witches fans I'd love to see the back of Rohan, he's body language never looks right, there's obviously something wrong with his fitness or his confidence. Maybe he's heard a whisper and that's why he's been getting in the way of his team mates lately. But bringing in an untried European to replace Rohan would be a big gamble with Cam coming back next Week. We all hope that Cam can produce his better form, but he's bound to take is easy for a few meetings, he hasn't travelled halfway around the World to pick up peanuts playing spannerman for other riders, he needs to be earning, and you can only do that if you stay out of trouble and stay fit.

I don't know why, but I actually had you down as a rohan fan Mr 47. I don't know why but I just did. I think for some reason a few extra fans have seen a different side to him this season.

Morris is a great signing. Okay sometimes he might not score what we would like him to, but he is a trier and a racer. I don't mind any rider scoring low as long as it looks like they are giving it their all.

i see you've fathomed out the wink ;)

just a rare bit of laptop usage. Back on phone now. Wink

I think its a shame it has ended this way for Ritchie.

Since he joined he has generally performed above the level most expected from him and at times was holding the team together with his work as skipper.

I think he may well have been able to get back to that level with the right handling. Perhaps he has quit because he didnt think that the neccessary changes would happen.

Welcome to the Witches Ashley. Very pleased to see us go for a young Brit. I hope he gets the patience from everyone to develop and improve.

• Like 2

All confirmed in this mornings paper .

Ihave to admit that I thought the move down to reserve would have brought the points and confidence to kick start Ritchie's season but it wasn't to be .

Interesting that he says he just didn't get started this season listing the following as reasons for quitting -

His crash in his first race

Bike problems all season

Doesn't hit it off with Phil Hilton at meetings

He goes on to say wearing a Witch is not easy as Ipswich are still a big club with with a big history and a defeat is blown out of all proportions . It's been too negative at times .

I wonder how much he reads on here ?

Good luck to Ritchie in whatever he does or wherever his next move is in life !

Ashley Morris in to replace him also confirmed , a young lad with a future IMO who I was surprised to see dumped by Plymouth when he was just getting back into his racing following injury .

Im certainly looking forward to see him race and welcome him to the fold .

Edited by Super Blue