British Speedway Forum

Lubos Tomicek comes to mind here ;-)

Strikes me as the same sort of rider. relies heavily on gating so on his day can make 5 good gates and beta anyone but on a bad say can be outgated by NL riders 4 times and score 2 or 3. He's a bit more exciting to watch than Tomicek but he doesn't actually do a lot of passing from what I've seen. He won't do any worse than his current average but I'm not convinced he's going to hit the heights some people think he's capable of. A very good rider to have a number 7 though for sure and will get 6 if he stays in reserve all year.

Strikes me as the same sort of rider. relies heavily on gating so on his day can make 5 good gates and beta anyone but on a bad say can be outgated by NL riders 4 times and score 2 or 3. He's a bit more exciting to watch than Tomicek but he doesn't actually do a lot of passing from what I've seen. He won't do any worse than his current average but I'm not convinced he's going to hit the heights some people think he's capable of. A very good rider to have a number 7 though for sure and will get 6 if he stays in reserve all year.

Agree with that, did have some moments at Sheffield but overall was very disapointing considering he nearly got into the GPs and his 4 point average didn't lie. If he didn't gate was often left far behind. Must say I'm surprised the Witches have dropped Adam Ellis and brought Covatti in, as from what I've seen Ellis was much more promising. Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

Agree with that, did have some moments at Sheffield but overall was very disapointing considering he nearly got into the GPs and his 4 point average didn't lie. If he didn't gate was often left far behind. Must say I'm surprised the Witches have dropped Adam Ellis and brought Covatti in, as from what I've seen Ellis was much more promising.

The Ipswich fans will see a lot more of Covatti than Ellis though, and that's the problem Ellis has especially now he's signed on at Lakeside again on Fridays.

I'd be very surprised if anyone turned their nose up at Nico Covatti at reserve on a 4 point average..

Covatti and Tomicek is possibly the best comparison in the history of comparing things. Both are foreign and on low averages thus they will easily add 4 or 5 points, truth is they're pretty garbage and will add a point maximum. Poor Ellis.

Money talks

It certainly does in this case.

I don't think it's money out as far as Ipswich are concerned with Covatti, more like money IN.

Covatti and Tomicek is possibly the best comparison in the history of comparing things. Both are foreign and on low averages thus they will easily add 4 or 5 points, truth is they're pretty garbage and will add a point maximum. Poor Ellis.

But you can't blame Ipswich for looking elsewhere after he re-signed for Lakeside. The amount of meetings he missed this season was a joke and left many people frustrated!

Not sure this doubling up/down/fast track stuff is doing the likes of Ellis too many favours! The lad may have talent, but he didn't kick on as much as hoped this season and still hasn't worked his way out of a PL reserve berth.

He needs a full season of PL racing, racing for his PL club first and foremost IMO.

• Like 1

When you sign a 9 pointer at #1 and then follow it up with a rider over 8, more often than not you end up with a very long tail and weak reserves so to end up with Covatti and Stefan Nielsen at reserve is a right result.

• Like 1

I don't think it's money out as far as Ipswich are concerned with Covatti, more like money IN.

Who mentioned money out? Some of us know all about the money.money money

your knowledge is quite poor really. Covatti isn't a world beater but can do a good job. Ellis didn't kick on that much last season and if you knew anything you would realise that Ellis missed to many meetings. Even if Covatti only adds a point there was no guarantee Ellis could add more.

your knowledge is quite poor really. Covatti isn't a world beater but can do a good job. Ellis didn't kick on that much last season and if you knew anything you would realise that Ellis missed to many meetings. Even if Covatti only adds a point there was no guarantee Ellis could add more.

LOL - OK then Gavan. I am quite aware of the fact Ellis missed more than enough meetings, it's more the fact he's been shunted for some sh*te Iti, poor lad.

LOL - OK then Gavan. I am quite aware of the fact Ellis missed more than enough meetings, it's more the fact he's been shunted for some sh*te Iti, poor lad.

He hasn't been "shunted" by or for anybody. Ellis' contract with Ipswich ended on October 31st, Ipswich were then entitled to sign any 7 riders they wanted, just like all the other clubs.

Ellis may well have a far better future than Covatti, on the other hand he might not and might not progress at all, nobody knows.

Speedway these days is very short-termism, and I'm unconvinced that over the next 12 months Ellis would either average more, or increase his average more than Nico Covatti.

Also if what is being hinted at above is true and that there is more than meets the eye to the Covatti signing, then it's even more a shrewd move by Chris Louis.

Everything is done for a reason

Money talks

It certainly does in this case.

Who mentioned money out? Some of us know all about the money.money money

He hasn't been "shunted" by or for anybody. Ellis' contract with Ipswich ended on October 31st, Ipswich were then entitled to sign any 7 riders they wanted, just like all the other clubs.

Ellis may well have a far better future than Covatti, on the other hand he might not and might not progress at all, nobody knows.

Speedway these days is very short-termism, and I'm unconvinced that over the next 12 months Ellis would either average more, or increase his average more than Nico Covatti.

Also if what is being hinted at above is true and that there is more than meets the eye to the Covatti signing, then it's even more a shrewd move by Chris Louis.

Am I missing something here?