British Speedway Forum

But you can't blame Ipswich for looking elsewhere after he re-signed for Lakeside. The amount of meetings he missed this season was a joke and left many people frustrated!

Not sure this doubling up/down/fast track stuff is doing the likes of Ellis too many favours! The lad may have talent, but he didn't kick on as much as hoped this season and still hasn't worked his way out of a PL reserve berth.

He needs a full season of PL racing, racing for his PL club first and foremost IMO.

Tend to think the fast track is largely solid, however becoming an asset of an EL club gives the EL club additional "power" when it comes to the draft, but it does the individual rider no favours at all when it comes to PL racing. It's almost as if the draft is a black mark against the rider if they are involved in it.

Excellent looking side to me! Solid heatleaders, good middle men and a reserve on a bargain average. I can definitely see Covatti upping his average a fair bit if he's on decent machinery. I see an awful lot of potential in that team from 1-7, and if reached Ipswich will be the team to beat for me.

Not sure about the team to beat as most of the teams so far that are complete or nearly complete, look fairly similar in strength with one or two question marks in all of them.

It's competitive again no doubt and should be in the play off mix depending on injuries.

It looks to me that there isn't any week teams next year, Glasgow and Sheffield look a lot stronger than they did last year

It looks to me that there isn't any week teams next year, Glasgow and Sheffield look a lot stronger than they did last year

there will be 1 or 2 can always rely on Rye for a start!

Mike Bacon just tweeted this, have put it on here as he's an Ipswich boy:

Pity to hear @JoeJacobs has quit speedway. Got plenty of talent best wishes to him @SpeedwayGB @ipswichspeedway @MildenhallFT

Mike Bacon just tweeted this, have put it on here as he's an Ipswich boy:

Pity to hear @JoeJacobs has quit speedway. Got plenty of talent best wishes to him @SpeedwayGB @ipswichspeedway @MildenhallFT

Wasn't expecting that and it's a shame. He's actually been around a few years now and never really progressed so probably found it difficult to make ends meet I'd imagine.

Edited by CardinalSin

I know the Michael Lee thing has been going on for a while, but even so, that's a pretty rough day for Mildenhall supporters. Losing 2 Promoters and a Number 1!

I know the Michael Lee thing has been going on for a while, but even so, that's a pretty rough day for Mildenhall supporters. Losing 2 Promoters and a Number 1!

Very true!!!

Really pleased that Stefan is finally becoming a Witch proper at last!!

• Like 1

Sad about Jo Jacobs retiring, true he really needed good equipment to push on & last year didn't progress that much, but still very good potential.

Sad about Jo Jacobs retiring, true he really needed good equipment to push on & last year didn't progress that much, but still very good potential.

Nothing is set in stone though he's young and could easily have a change of heart in the near future. I'd bet we haven't seen the last of him on a speedway bike.

Ellis was on loan to Ipswich.

Covatti is on loan to Ipswich. So not really Ipswich's fault? If Ellis was an Ipswich asset think would be different....

Needs to be a fast track of sorts in the PL so the likes of Ellis and Jacobs get rides.

• Like 2

Ellis was on loan to Ipswich.

Covatti is on loan to Ipswich. So not really Ipswich's fault? If Ellis was an Ipswich asset think would be different....

Needs to be a fast track of sorts in the PL so the likes of Ellis and Jacobs get rides.

+1

Especially with the NL slashing their points limit. It leaves some of the top NL boys/potential PL reserves somewhat vulnerable.

• Like 1