British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Ipswich Fri 10th Oct

I feel that a lot of the Ipswich problems come from the higher management, you can have a team of world champions but if the right vibes are not forthcoming from above then negativity sets in with the team, I understand that a new team manager was brought in but was it too little too late.

Maybe Chris & John should sublet the promotional rights to someone with new ideas, not that Chris & John are doing anything wrong but possibly their style of promoting has aged and not moved forward enough with the times

So finishing 3rd in the PL, prior to the Play-Offs, and reaching the KO Cup Final is deemed unsatisfactory :rolleyes:

If they progress to win either or both, will that still be seen as a "aged & negative". ?

We all hope that our respective club will win some silverware every season, but to expect it as a right by some on here, is being unrealistic.

I did not see my team win any national trophy for 18 years, but enjoyed watching some cracking racing up till then.

Must have been easily pleased compared to some on here who are constantly moaning if their team is not annihilating everyone in sight

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 4

I feel that a lot of the Ipswich problems come from the higher management, you can have a team of world champions but if the right vibes are not forthcoming from above then negativity sets in with the team, I understand that a new team manager was brought in but was it too little too late.

Maybe Chris & John should sublet the promotional rights to someone with new ideas, not that Chris & John are doing anything wrong but possibly their style of promoting has aged and not moved forward enough with the times

You obviously don't listen to what Chris has come out with, problem is, he's just one voice and the old gits at the BSPA wont budge. He wanted what the fans want, the league cup finished early, but that didn't get through. Unlike some tracks he listens to the fans, we never get a pointless interval if the meeting is dragging a bit. You never hear him whinging about poor crowds, he's a realist and he knows that speedway isn't top of people's priorities anymore, but hopefully he'll keep it going, I cant imagine anybody else would take it over. Let's face it, who'd takeover a business when "breaking even" is the best you can hope for.

Keep up the good work Chris, most of know we probably wouldn't have a speedway track without you and daddy. No doubt some fans would like a change for changes sake, but I'd rather have someone whose heart is in the club, better the devil you know than Mr Horton (or someone like him).

• Like 7

Not an Ippo fan in any shape or form but I like Chris Louis.

Think he puts on a decent show and puts out decent teams.

• Like 5

You obviously don't listen to what Chris has come out with, problem is, he's just one voice and the old gits at the BSPA wont budge. He wanted what the fans want, the league cup finished early, but that didn't get through. Unlike some tracks he listens to the fans, we never get a pointless interval if the meeting is dragging a bit. You never hear him whinging about poor crowds, he's a realist and he knows that speedway isn't top of people's priorities anymore, but hopefully he'll keep it going, I cant imagine anybody else would take it over. Let's face it, who'd takeover a business when "breaking even" is the best you can hope for.

Keep up the good work Chris, most of know we probably wouldn't have a speedway track without you and daddy. No doubt some fans would like a change for changes sake, but I'd rather have someone whose heart is in the club, better the devil you know than Mr Horton (or someone like him).

Somerset please note! Last weeks Scunthorpe match is perfect example.

So what's the situation as I've got to be honest It's lost me a bit, Do Somerset need all 3 points or will 2 be enough?

1 point is enough.

Ippo should be capable of that but I don't see them doing it.

#breakingglass

Edited by TheScotsman

1 point is enough.

Ippo should be capable of that but I don't see them doing it.

#breakingglass

With Todd Kurtz at reserve, i would say there is probably no chance of Ipswich getting a point. He has been very impressive recently..

It doesn't matter who is at reserve, we don't have a chance in hell of a point, not with how our current crop of riders race. The only way I could possibly see us getting something, is if the weather has been awful and the track is unraceable, then our superior gating may help us.

Or rain and no dates before a realistic cut off - its happened before!

So finishing 3rd in the PL, prior to the Play-Offs, and reaching the KO Cup Final is deemed unsatisfactory :rolleyes:

If they progress to win either or both, will that still be seen as a "aged & negative". ?

We all hope that our respective club will win some silverware every season, but to expect it as a right by some on here, is being unrealistic.

I did not see my team win any national trophy for 18 years, but enjoyed watching some cracking racing up till then.

Must have been easily pleased compared to some on here who are constantly moaning if their team is not annihilating everyone in sight

I never said or insinuated that anything that Ipswich Speedway was unsatisfactory in fact they have had some very good results over the seasons and I take onboard what Chris is trying to do and I appreciate that most of the fans back him & John 100% and they deserve all the support that they can get, But I sometimes wonder if they get the support of some of the riders, which is something that is most times kept under wraps for obvious reasons.

I have known Chris since he was knee high to a grasshopper from when he used to visit tracks with John, who, like Chris was a class act on the shale.

In all honesty I hope that they can pull off a win at Somerset or at least take some points away and get back to winning ways, I know what it’s like for your team to have a lengthy drought, I was an Exeter supporter for many years but we came good in 1974 with the league title.

There was no malice intended in my thread just an opinion..........

I reckon the Witches will put up a decent fight on Friday (as they did in the cup match at the OTA). However, if the track is prepared as it has been most weeks, the Rebels will be far too strong.

Not sure of the forecast for Friday, but if the track is soaked, this will be a leveller and will give Ipswich a real fighting chance.

Come on the witches you can do it , ABS

I reckon the Witches will put up a decent fight on Friday (as they did in the cup match at the OTA). However, if the track is prepared as it has been most weeks, the Rebels will be far too strong.

Not sure of the forecast for Friday, but if the track is soaked, this will be a leveller and will give Ipswich a real fighting chance.

Weather forecast for Burnham on Sea Somerset for Friday 10/10/14 is for scattered showers but with a 40% chance of heavy showers

One of our worst tracks so my heart says we can do it but my head says we will get thrashed