British Speedway Forum

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3968/fim-statement-regarding-darcy-ward

Thursday 26th February 2015, 14:23

Consequently, the period of ineligibility imposed on Mr Ward will end on 27 June 2015 at midnight.

Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes.

So Poole's team was illegal for those two matches against Leicester in that period. Forfeit the title I say :mad::icon_smile_clown::lol:

• Like 1

I expect Matt Ford was hoping for a 6 month ban which would mean he could of started in march but not many thought that would or should happen, the length of the ban is fair in my opinion and now we hopefully get Magic back who did a fantastic job last season. Gomolski looks like the other rider and he can be very good but he did seem to have issues at Swindon and time will tell if he can cut it at the top league level in this country.

I expect Matt Ford was hoping for a 6 month ban which would mean he could of started in march but not many thought that would or should happen, the length of the ban is fair in my opinion and now we hopefully get Magic back who did a fantastic job last season. Gomolski looks like the other rider and he can be very good but he did seem to have issues at Swindon and time will tell if he can cut it at the top league level in this country.

I actually quite liked Gomolski. He was either great or poor and more often than not he was the latter except in a single race. I would have like to have seen us persevere with him but, given that our other reserve wasn't performing consistently either, it was an expected decision to drop him. When he comes back though, he has more experience and at a higher level so I expect him to make a mockery of his average. To be honest, I am surprised no other team thought to use him so well done to Poole if he is indeed confirmed.

If Magic is back, I hope he keeps the captaincy as he rode superbly with the responsibility of being made captain.

If Magic is back, I hope he keeps the captaincy as he rode superbly with the responsibility of being made captain.

Magic was amazing, he will most likely struggle to maintain his form throughout the season bearing in mind his other commitments but he certainly rode with pride, some of his performances were staggering and absolutely loved Shamek and his celebrations in the play off final.

• Like 2

Pretty poor statement on Pooles behalf, no need to mention the delays etc... Just accept the ban and state you are looking forward to starting the season. Perhaps even a word which states you dont condone the actions of the banned rider.

• Like 1

The ban seems reasonable if a bit generous to Ward. I'll bet anyone an Ayrton Senna we re-declare on June 28th 2015 :t:

Magic was amazing, he will most likely struggle to maintain his form throughout the season bearing in mind his other commitments but he certainly rode with pride, some of his performances were staggering and absolutely loved Shamek and his celebrations in the play off final.

He did in fact end the season as the best performing rider.

Thursday 26th February 2015, 14:23

Moreover, the CDI ruled that the results obtained by Mr Ward in all the Competitions in which he participated subsequent to the positive test, from 17 August 2014 until 27 August 2014, are cancelled, with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any points and prizes.

So Poole's team was illegal for those two matches against Leicester in that period. Forfeit the title I say :mad::icon_smile_clown::lol:

On 28 August 2014, the FIM provisionally suspended Mr Ward pending the CDI’s decision adjudicating on the merits of the case. Since then, Mr Ward has been provisionally barred from participating in any competition

Bit contradictory there ???

All results in the 10 days 'PRIOR' to his suspension are cancelled ???

Beers on ice for 28 June then! :lol:

Edited by TonyE

He was not riding illegally at the time..........the FIM set the date the suspension started..............so no Poole should not forfeit the title.............he did not ride after the suspension date which would have been illegal..............

RP

The ban seems reasonable if a bit generous to Ward. I'll bet anyone an Ayrton Senna we re-declare on June 28th 2015 :t:

No guarantee he will get a working visa for half a season though..............

He was not riding illegally at the time..........the FIM set the date the suspension started..............so no Poole should not forfeit the title.............he did not ride after the suspension date which would have been illegal..............

RP

Poole's team may not have been illegal, but Darcy's points have been officially removed. So, in fairness, King's Lynn should be placed at the top of the league table.

Not that it will make any difference. The play offs went ahead and there's not much that can be done about it.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 3

RP

No guarantee he will get a working visa for half a season though..............

You are missing the bit about forfeiture of points etc.

Well aware of that..............

RP

Its about the rider not being paid for those points - not penalising any of the clubs he rode for!

Incidentally, Darcy back in July on a lower average (having had his 8+3 and 5 points expunged) could be a no-brainer! I wonder which of the Poole riders will be feeling the extra GP pressures by then?

ps. looking at the long range weather forecast for April/May/June - I see a lot of rain offs!! :D

• Like 1