British Speedway Forum

Gomolski could be anything we need to wait and see. He could be a steal or he could be another Pole who doesnt put his heart and soul into the elite league. Another Zabik? All the ability but no application and poor machinery over here

• Like 1

Was there any reasons given to not have included Vaclav in the team this year?

Verner?!! ;)

• Like 2

Well done Matt Ford for pulling it out the bag and naming the 2 riders who he could and should have named in January. Such an amazing promoter to wait for the inevitable ban for Ward and then going with the 2 riders everyone knew over a month ago.

45 days ago wasn't it, Gav?

Ridiculous. What the hell was going on? Beyond a joke, it didn't have to take that long!!

• Like 4

Plenty of those on here who know absolutely nothing posted numerous times that he was 'asking for too much money'. But I completely disagree with that. For some unknown reason Fordy wanted Dak North and Watty and my theory on that is because he couldn't fit Vaclav (and another decent rider) in if Darcy got let off. Yet another rider Fordy discards due to his own success. This is one of my big bug bears with our promotion.

With changes in the Czecho league format and stepping up to the top league in Poland, Vaclav was not as keen to do the EL this year. Added to that was the fact that if MF had managed to convince him, he could have been the 3rd heat leader - a position that most Poole fans would agree he struggled with when he stepped up last year!

Shame, cos I enjoyed watching him race

With changes in the Czecho league format and stepping up to the top league in Poland, Vaclav was not as keen to do the EL this year. Added to that was the fact that if MF had managed to convince him, he could have been the 3rd heat leader - a position that most Poole fans would agree he struggled with when he stepped up last year!

Is that fact or your opinion Skidder? I think in the watered down EL Vaclav would have been fine at home and maybe struggle a little away, but overall I'd rather have a young, hungry up and coming rider than someone on the decline (sorry Davey).

Is that fact or your opinion Skidder? I think in the watered down EL Vaclav would have been fine at home and maybe struggle a little away, but overall I'd rather have a young, hungry up and coming rider than someone on the decline (sorry Davey).

I did read it the first time!! :wink:

A bit of both really. When I spoke to him (via the interpreter/mechanic) at the end-of-season Awards night, he said he would like to come back - they all say that don't they - but it would depend on other commitments. At that stage he hadn't secured his Polish Extraleague place and of course nobody knew what the EL team-building points limit was going to be?!

As for Davey, as 3rd heat leader and not having the extra responsibility of the number 1 race jacket a'la Lakeside, I reckon he will be just fine.

Edited by Skidder1

Personally don't think Watt will be just fine and nor do i think dakota North will either, in my opinion North has reached his level and won't improve anymore, Davey is on the way down.

• Like 1

Personally don't think Watt will be just fine and nor do i think dakota North will either, in my opinion North has reached his level and won't improve anymore, Davey is on the way down.

Keep them for 6 weeks, let both their averages go up and then replace them then!

I don't disagree

I also felt that Vaclav was going to be a familiar face in the Pirates side for years to come

• Like 1

Keep them for 6 weeks, let both their averages go up and then replace them then!

Is there any reason to think there averages will go up.

I don't disagree

I also felt that Vaclav was going to be a familiar face in the Pirates side for years to come

So did I...and (if memory serves) MF said similar soon after he signed him.

If their averages go up, why would we want to release them????

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 3

I dunno I thought Vaclav had that sort of aurora about him that he was gonna be perhaps another Bjarne Pedersen a long stay.

Is there any reason to think there averages will go up.

If their averages go up, why would we want to release them????

With rolling averages moving to 20 meetings from 28(?) it means Watt and Norths averages are both going to go up even if they don't ride a meeting.

With rolling averages moving to 20 meetings from 28(?) it means Watt and Norths averages are both going to go up even if they don't ride a meeting.

If they ride poorly there average will drop more quickly too.

No wonder SteveBrum has gone missing!! Hope he's ok.

Where is the evidence that Watt is on the way down, apart from the fact that age will catch up at sometime although nobody knows exactly when.

Davey's CMA's in his first two years at Lakeside were amongst the best of his career, and more times than I can remember he had to go out in heat 15 at Lakeside with Peter Karlsson and get a heat advantage to collect all 3 league points which they invariably did. People forget that in 2012. after we lost Rico Jon Cook and the riders agreed not to get an immediate replacement for Lee out of respect. That meant a lot of R/R and Davey was posting decent scores often in 6 rides a match, which is not easy. Davey only really started to struggle in 2014 after PK's collapse in form and Davey was not only promoted to No1 which is a role he is not really cut out for, and towards the end of the season he was carrying injury, which most people outside of Lakeside are not aware of.

Of course Davey does have his howlers and nights when he throws his toys out of the pram but he has always been that way, but quite honestly I think as a third heatleader he will do a better job than almost anyone on that average.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 9