British Speedway Forum

Any particular reason why?

because the date keeps getting put back and back. If Poole want to wait for the outcome and its negative it could be to late to get decent replacements. Bite the bullet leave out Ward and get Magic
  • Like 1

because the date keeps getting put back and back. If Poole want to wait for the outcome and its negative it could be to late to get decent replacements. Bite the bullet leave out Ward and get Magic

Totally agree forget Ward and get Janowski back. Don't really understand why we are being so loyal to Darcy when it was Janowski who won us the league last year. Polish riders don't always get the best press in Britain but i can't see how anyone could object to anything Janowski has done on or off the track.

• Like 1

Like I have said all through fk Darcy Ward we don't need him, He has had chances time and time again and shown us all what a complete tool he is I have no time for him good rider or no bloody good rider. We did fine last year without him and to take the pee even further Ford dedicated the season to Ward that still boils my pee more than anything,

Janowski is a more professional rider in demeanor and the way he handles himself also showed real maturity taking the captaincy role this is a rider we need to be signing if he can with the other commitments on his plate this year.

• Like 2

Like I have said all through fk Darcy Ward we don't need him, He has had chances time and time again and shown us all what a complete tool he is I have no time for him good rider or no bloody good rider. We did fine last year without him and to take the pee even further Ford dedicated the season to Ward that still boils my pee more than anything,

Janowski is a more professional rider in demeanor and the way he handles himself also showed real maturity taking the captaincy role this is a rider we need to be signing if he can with the other commitments on his plate this year.

Agree about dedicating the season to Ward, What was Ford smoking?? When we won the Elite Shield against Swindon, Ward never rode in either match, the same as he never rode in any play off matches......So how the hell can you dedicate the season to Ward?? Surely it should be Magic that you dedicate the season to, as without him (and the other five sober riders) Poole would have won nothing!!!! Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 6

Darcy fancies his chances

@D_Dublu_racing: I think and feeling pretty confident I will be at Poole for this season. Thanks to Matt ,Middlo , my clubs for the support #wardtorace2015

@D_Dublu_racing: I think and feeling pretty confident I will be at Poole for this season. Thanks to Matt ,Middlo , my clubs for the support #wardtorace2015

Oh goodie

Very interesting comment. Uncle Rosco will be chewing on his shoes.. :rofl:

• Like 1

Could darcy just get a ban from fIM meetings but be aloud to do league racing?

And what kind of message would that be? If you are a professional driver and get caught for drink driving do you think you would be allowed only to do your professional driving but not your leisure driving? Don't see why speedway (or sport in general) would treat this serious issue any differently!

• Like 3

Have any reasons been given for all these adjournments. Surely he's entitled to know why?

I'd heard it was Darcy that had asked for it to be put back, not the FIM.

maybe it is darcy or poole that have led to these delays. in this weeks star and not for the first time they seem to be saying that they have a reason to challenge the test if he is given a further ban even to the point of getting it overthrown totally with possible claims by poole, darcy, his foreign clubs etc which would tie the fim up in knots for years if this case is anything to go by, maybe they are still making sure everything is correct ?

• Like 2

maybe it is darcy or poole that have led to these delays. in this weeks star and not for the first time they seem to be saying that they have a reason to challenge the test if he is given a further ban even to the point of getting it overthrown totally with possible claims by poole, darcy, his foreign clubs etc which would tie the fim up in knots for years if this case is anything to go by, maybe they are still making sure everything is correct ?

Fair comment geejay although not seen SS yet this week. Despite what some fans may think, it may also be the BSPA/SCB (and Polish/Swedish federations) adding their weight to the argument over the prolonged delay, as they could argue that not having Ward in the league is damaging their business (from a bums on seats point of view), when the alleged offence did not take place in any domestic league competition. The Poles and Swedes might take the same view depending on his on-track popularity in those countries?!

As I posted on the Darcy Ward thread, the WADA rules and regs say that any hearing should be held in a 'timely manner'! There are several examples of cases where a rider (athlete) can appeal any aspect of the procedure from the day of the testing through any suspension/penalty.

This could run and run.....even if he is allowed to race again soon in 2015.

Fair comment geejay although not seen SS yet this week. Despite what some fans may think, it may also be the BSPA/SCB (and Polish/Swedish federations) adding their weight to the argument over the prolonged delay, as they could argue that not having Ward in the league is damaging their business (from a bums on seats point of view), when the alleged offence did not take place in any domestic league competition. The Poles and Swedes might take the same view depending on his on-track popularity in those countries?!

As I posted on the Darcy Ward thread, the WADA rules and regs say that any hearing should be held in a 'timely manner'! There are several examples of cases where a rider (athlete) can appeal any aspect of the procedure from the day of the testing through any suspension/penalty.

This could run and run.....even if he is allowed to race again soon in 2015.

i can understand darcy's,poole's and anyone elses frustrasion at the delay('s) . dudek is half way through his ban and is counting down to when he can ride. why is there what seems to be set punishments for drug and other offences but because it is drink they haven't been able to deal with it better than this.

I said within a couple of days of the Latvian GP that I suspected the only lesson Darcy would learn is, that if you can afford top quality legal representation you will "get off". I still suspect that might be the case.

• Like 3

personally I hope Ward does get the OK to ride for Poole this season as we all know, Holder and Ward :drink: will always have time out through injury as neither can stay on there bikes long enough. :lol:

Only kidding, I love watching Holder and Ward but I still think Janowski deserves a team spot this year