British Speedway Forum

Where has Matt Ford actually been moaning or asking for rule changes? I can't find any article on him saying this?

Ford hasn't. Pairman has.

I know it's Poole and we love to take the mickey but this is getting ridiculous. With the election looming this wretched government are desperate to prove they've got their Doc Martens on where immigration is concerned because UKIP are about to ram it up their chuff sideways. Their answer, make life as difficult as possible for non EU folks wanting to ply their trade in this country. Unfortunately the perceived problem they wish they could address is coming from the EU which they can do diddly squat about whilst we are a member. Their answer, give the innocent a kicking.

Reknaws.

Maybe you should look how well the country is doing due to the Con gov we have in place. Don't blame this on them but more so those seeking a visa !!!!
  • Like 1

Maybe you should look how well the country is doing due to the Con gov we have in place. Don't blame this on them but more so those seeking a visa !!!!

That has to be the funniest post i have ever seen.. :rofl:

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

• Like 1

Scary when you see it displayed like that Blu........but how much faster would it be turning over if we had a labour government!!!!

• Like 4

Holder should wear a Turban then he'll be fine

How would he get his helmet on ?
  • Like 1

How would he get his helmet on ?

He`ll have to get the turban on first !!!

Funny? I find it pretty scary!

This country is going down the pan, and if the current mob of privileged toffs with vested interests are elected again in May things will only get worse.

Really? At least the current lot are trying to rein in the national spending spree - something I have not heard with any conviction from the 'others'.

• Like 8

Ford hasn't. Pairman has.

No I didn't. Read the press release. Firstly I said that we would be unwilling to start the season either with or against guests. This is simply to do with not wishing to cheat the public nor our broadcast partners, Sky Sports. If it means that we have to delay the start of the season then surely that's entirely reasonable. As a league, we should be looking to deliver the best entertainment and not seek compromises. Secondly, I said that, if the visa problem was a long term issue, I would hope that the teams would work together to ensure that we were as equal as possible. At present, five out of the eight Elite League teams are impacted by what's happening, with only Wolverhampton, Kings Lynn and Lakeside being unaffected. Out of the five, Poole are probably best placed to cover the situation, but that would still leave a huge imbalance in the league something that is unacceptable to us.

If we have to leave Holder, Doyle, Batchelor, Woodward and Fricke out of our league, we either have to find five suitable replacements, and I'm not sure where, or revisit our team building limits.

I was involved in the 2007 Belle Vue promotion that was ill supported by the rest of the league resulting in us putting together a really poor 1-7 and would hate to be party to any decision making process that would do that to anyone again.

We want to win, of course, but we also want to entertain. And if we have teams built to 34 and teams only able to build to, say 30, I reckon Poole would be competitive but too many teams would not. Where would be the entertainment in that?

• Like 5

Not an exactly nice situation if the three non- impacted teams (in the best interests of speedway of course) have to turn around and say to one or more members of their 2015 team, that they no longer have a team place through absolutely no fault of their own.

• Like 1

No I didn't. Read the press release. Firstly I said that we would be unwilling to start the season either with or against guests. This is simply to do with not wishing to cheat the public nor our broadcast partners, Sky Sports. If it means that we have to delay the start of the season then surely that's entirely reasonable. As a league, we should be looking to deliver the best entertainment and not seek compromises. Secondly, I said that, if the visa problem was a long term issue, I would hope that the teams would work together to ensure that we were as equal as possible. At present, five out of the eight Elite League teams are impacted by what's happening, with only Wolverhampton, Kings Lynn and Lakeside being unaffected. Out of the five, Poole are probably best placed to cover the situation, but that would still leave a huge imbalance in the league something that is unacceptable to us.

If we have to leave Holder, Doyle, Batchelor, Woodward and Fricke out of our league, we either have to find five suitable replacements, and I'm not sure where, or revisit our team building limits.

I was involved in the 2007 Belle Vue promotion that was ill supported by the rest of the league resulting in us putting together a really poor 1-7 and would hate to be party to any decision making process that would do that to anyone again.

We want to win, of course, but we also want to entertain. And if we have teams built to 34 and teams only able to build to, say 30, I reckon Poole would be competitive but too many teams would not. Where would be the entertainment in that?

Just a question Gordon is that "we" as in Poole or "we" as in the league?.

Admirable sentiments from Gordon Pairman. However, they might be seen as hypocritical considering the clubs history including the infamous farce at Belle Vue, the cancellation of the Lakeside match and the numerous occasions when there has been no mention of cancelling matches where the visiting team was understrength.

The test isn't just whether it cheats the Poole public but whether it cheats the fans of any club or the speedway fraternity at large.

• Like 2

Ok so i get the fact 5 teams will lose a rider but what about the other teams that dont?

Hardly fair on those teams that my have to tell riders they are not wanted through no fault of its own.

Got be honest ive not seen any other promoter saying they want to not start the season. Maybe im wrong in that.

When you use the word 'we' is this British Speedway or just Poole?

And you have to admit a lot of fans will see your comments as slighty hypocritical after the Belle Vue farce and the Lakeside one as well.

If it suits Poole Pirates its fine. If it doesnt suit their is always a statement.

Would you say the same if it was Danish riders and Lynn, for example, would miss Iversen Bjerre and Porsing?

Im pretty sure you wouldnt mind Lynn coming to Wimborne Road with inadequete guests for those 3

• Like 1

I'm not having these thought of "it's in the best interests of British Speedway" at all.

It would certainly be of no interest for us, King's Lynn to have to amend our team.

That statement is purely for "the best interests of Poole Speedway" and it's business and I get that.

At the end of the day the promoter's fooked up flouting immigration laws, your mess, fix it. Completely unfair and unjust to force other teams to change.

• Like 4