British Speedway Forum

Well we are sponsored by Specsavers maybe you should book in, you know your eyes are important to you, you only get one set of eyes you know.

Same question. Read it again and can see nothing about 20th.

Where have I said he's a good role model? The question was about how good he is on track. He DOES put bums on seats and he DOES do signings and photos with fans.

If the parents want their kids to be photographed with Darcy or to have his autograph - you can hardly blame the rider!!

Matt Ford (and several other clubs) clearly disagree with you.

Show me the gate numbers with and without Ward. You are talking tosh as the gate will not be any different.

Not rubbish, i would put money on a attendance increase when Darcy is riding.

q

Shall we say £500 ?

Same question. Read it again and can see nothing about 20th.

Ah ! Just seen you've edited it and removed it.

Wasn't my eyes ......................... see. :D

• Like 1

Show me the gate numbers with and without Ward. You are talking tosh as the gate will not be any different.

So what are the other reasons Matt is holding out for Ward then - if he's not box office??? Some sponsors clearly want him back at Poole asap even if you don't.

So what are the other reasons Matt is holding out for Ward then - if he's not box office??? Some sponsors clearly want him back at Poole asap even if you don't.

Backed down now have you ? He is wanted so badly as he is so good on the track and they are prepared to overlook his bad points for this.

As a Poole fan and sponsor I have no issue with him being in the team or not. I do however put some things above winning even if some don't.

Edited by theknow 2
  • Like 1

Mate, im not taking sides here. But you take Darcy away and replace him with A N Other then our crowds will drop, granted not by much but they would drop as people will pick and choose there meetings moreso than they do now. Now, you bring in Emil Nikki or Greg for example to replace him, then you would see a rise in attendances. That said, even if you had a league of top riders, you will still get many many fans who will still pick and choose their meetings, as they just cannot afford to go week in week out anymore.And i speak to many fans in that position. But over the course of the season it would even itself out, and the overall attendance figures would be up.

Edited by Starman2006

Mate, im not taking sides here. But you take Darcy away and replace him with A N Other then our crowds will drop, granted not by much but they would drop as people will pick and choose there meetings moreso than they do now. Now, you bring in Emil Nikki or Greg for example to replace him, then you would see a rise in attendances. That said, even if you had a league of top riders, you will still get many many fans who will still pick and choose their meetings, as they just cannot afford to go week in week out anymore.And i speak to many fans in that position. But over the course of the season it would even itself out, and the overall attendance figures would be up.

what a load of old tosh.

so your saying if Magic rode and not Ward the attendences would fall!!

If thats the case what a pathetic bunch of fickle fans you are.

Did the attendences drop because Ward didnt ride last season? No they went up as Poole were chasing the league and winning matches, ironically without the so called wonder boy.

Crowds drop because the team loses not because of one rider.

I watched riders such as Rickardsson , Loram and Nicholls leave Ipswich and attendences stayed the same. When we had a shocking side in the Elite league with Pepe and Miskowiak the attendences dropped because we were being beaten every week at home.

Obviously in your little bubble you think fans will stay away because Ward is missing. What a joke!

Holder is back so surely that will bring in more fans.

Darcy Ward is not Poole speedway

If Poole are bottom of the league without Ward attendences will fall

If Poole are top of the league without Ward then why would attendences drop? If people stayed away because no Ward and you were in the top 4 then they are not true supporters

• Like 3

I see your point to a point but you are talking more about people picking meetings due to cost not if Ward is riding. Poole is not about one rider and with him or not the team will be good. Was he missed at the end of the year ? No. Was he missed in the SGP ? No. He is one rider and no matter how good he is speedway does not revolve around him.

Poole in my mind should of picked the team without him at this stage now.

• Like 5

what a load of old tosh.

If thats the case what a pathetic bunch of fickle fans you are.

Did the attendences drop because Ward didnt ride last season? No they went up as Poole were chasing the league and winning matches, ironically without the so called wonder boy.

Crowds drop because the team loses not because of one rider.

I watched riders such as Rickardsson , Loram and Nicholls leave Ipswich and attendences stayed the same. When we had a shocking side in the Elite league with Pepe and Miskowiak the attendences dropped because we were being beaten every week at home.

Obviously in your little bubble you think fans will stay away because Ward is missing. What a joke!

Holder is back so surely that will bring in more fans.

Darcy Ward is not Poole speedway

If Poole are bottom of the league without Ward attendences will fall

If Poole are top of the league without Ward then why would attendences drop? If people stayed away because no Ward and you were in the top 4 then they are not true supporters

Hey Gavan, you didnt mention Hampel!!!

At a pub at the wrong time ? From what I gather the chap gave him 3 warnings about touching his Girlfriends backside. Third time he gave him a beating.

That's why nothing was ever made of it & no-one was charged for whacking Darcy as he deserved what he got.

For it to have got out & the reasons so soon after Darcy's other sexual case would have done him no good.

Sometimes if you keep stepping in the brown stuff it stays on you or are you always just "unlucky".

• Like 2

That's why nothing was ever made of it & no-one was charged for whacking Darcy as he deserved what he got.

For it to have got out & the reasons so soon after Darcy's other sexual case would have done him no good.

Sometimes if you keep stepping in the brown stuff it stays on you or are you always just "unlucky".

The reason nothing was ever done about it may be because of "who" the person that gave him the beating was!!!!!!!!

what a load of old tosh.

Did i actually say that ?

I see your point to a point but you are talking more about people picking meetings due to cost not if Ward is riding. Poole is not about one rider and with him or not the team will be good. Was he missed at the end of the year ? No. Was he missed in the SGP ? No. He is one rider and no matter how good he is speedway does not revolve around him.

Poole in my mind should of picked the team without him at this stage now.

I agree but im using the above as an example.

Let me get this straight-you have said that if you replace Ward with Emil, Nicki or Greg attendances would go up-did you mean to say that or are you referring to "him" incorrectly.

Let me get this straight-you have said that if you replace Ward with Emil, Nicki or Greg attendances would go up-did you mean to say that or are you referring to "him" incorrectly.

If Darcy didn't ride and you replaced him with either of the 3 and not, A N Other, the attendances would go up rather than down. i used the above as an example. I did put that in my post..

Did i actually say that ?

I agree but im using the above as an example.

You didnt mention Magics name but you said replace Ward with A.N.Other and attendences will fall , so you not including Magic then?

As i say if Poole fans dont go because Ward isnt there then they are not really fans

• Like 1