British Speedway Forum

Think we have established that it's just you're opinion. :P:

Most of it seems to be factually correct though.

• Like 1

Spot on hagonshocker

I have no idea WTF scottywotsit is banging on about.

No worries mate...we dont either most of the time!

• Like 2

No worries mate...we dont either most of the time!

You only see him on here when he feels the need to slag off a Poole rider or the team and disappears when any praise is earned.

• Like 1

You only see him on here when he feels the need to slag off a Poole rider or the team and disappears when any praise is earned.

Yet another troll on all the Poole threads methinks. Will he come back on today to give Poole (and Gomolski) some praise after last nights heroic effort? Nah, of course not.

We're still the team to beat to get your hands on the 2015 EL silverware and I'm proud to say it. COME ON YOU PIRATES!!

Yet another troll on all the Poole threads methinks. Will he come back on today to give Poole (and Gomolski) some praise after last nights heroic effort? Nah, of course not.

We're still the team to beat to get your hands on the 2015 EL silverware and I'm proud to say it. COME ON YOU PIRATES!!

Just to prove you totally wrong........that is how Gomolski should be riding, so well done to him.He was certainly scoring well at the start of the season, so let's hope he can carry that sort of form on for the rest of the season.

Can any one confirm any news on Poole interest in Brady Kurtz ?

Matt Ford has been interested in Brady for a while now. Check the Bournemouth Echo Pool Pirates news and you'll see the odd press release where he mentions him. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

We did have this article from the local Echo on 21st June 2015.

He lives in Poole and by the look of things, supports Poole so I would hazard a guess he might end up at Poole Speedway!?

"SPEEDWAY wonderkid and Poole Pirates target Brady Kurtz admits the chance to emulate childhood heroes Leigh Adams and Jason Crump would be "like a dream come true".

The 18-year-old Australian charger has taken the Premier League by storm, establishing himself as number one at parent club Somerset Rebels with a hefty average of 8.62.

In a Daily Echo exclusive, Pirates promoter Matt Ford last month lauded Kurtz as an "outstanding talent" that "every single club wants to snap up as an asset".

Despite his rapid rise to prominence, Poole-based Kurtz revealed he would be unlikely to bring forward his plan for an Elite League debut in 2016 but that a Wimborne Road berth tops his wish list.

Kurtz told the Daily Echo: "I have been looking up to the Poole Pirates since I was seven years old and used to watch them on TV all the time. To have Matt Ford looking at me and saying those things is like a dream come true.

"I am living down in Poole now and I think that was a good move for me this year. It would be awesome to get a team spot down there with all the Aussie boys and the team spirit they have.

"Leigh and Jason were the top guys when I was growing up and Chris (Holder) has taken that on since I came here.

"I am best friends with his brother Jack, so I'm always buzzing around Chris's house and in a way, it is weird that one of my heroes is now one of my mates."

Kurtz began following in the footsteps of his idols by winning the prestigious New South Wales Championship in the past two years, a title won by Poole legends Craig Boyce, Holder and Darcy Wardduring their early careers.

The emerging talent, sponsored by Poole company Wessex Marine, made an immediate impact in the second flight last year with an average of 7.54 before further pushing the boundaries this time round. But Kurtz insists he will not rush his introduction to Britain's top table.

"I am having a really good season and have a few offers but would be hesitant about taking anything in the Elite League right now," he added.

"With a lot of bookings in the Premier League and the World Under-21 Championship coming up, I don't think there is any rush. Time is on my side and if I wait until the end of the year to move up, I think it will be better for me.

"Next season, I definitely want to be in the Elite League. It is more than likely that I will double up but we will have to see what happens.

"With the reserve rules as they are, it is tough for us Aussies to step up and improving your average creates its own problems.

"It has to be the right offer from the right team and I want to have everything set up for it to work out on the track."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/13344455.Speedway__Up_and_coming_star_Brady_Kurtz_flattered_by_Poole_Pirates_interest/

Edited by Poole Quay 7

We did have this article from the local Echo on 21st June 2015.

He lives in Poole and by the look of things, supports Poole so I would hazard a guess he might end up at Poole Speedway!?

"SPEEDWAY wonderkid and Poole Pirates target Brady Kurtz admits the chance to emulate childhood heroes Leigh Adams and Jason Crump would be "like a dream come true".

The 18-year-old Australian charger has taken the Premier League by storm, establishing himself as number one at parent club Somerset Rebels with a hefty average of 8.62.

In a Daily Echo exclusive, Pirates promoter Matt Ford last month lauded Kurtz as an "outstanding talent" that "every single club wants to snap up as an asset".

Despite his rapid rise to prominence, Poole-based Kurtz revealed he would be unlikely to bring forward his plan for an Elite League debut in 2016 but that a Wimborne Road berth tops his wish list.

Kurtz told the Daily Echo: "I have been looking up to the Poole Pirates since I was seven years old and used to watch them on TV all the time. To have Matt Ford looking at me and saying those things is like a dream come true.

"I am living down in Poole now and I think that was a good move for me this year. It would be awesome to get a team spot down there with all the Aussie boys and the team spirit they have.

"Leigh and Jason were the top guys when I was growing up and Chris (Holder) has taken that on since I came here.

Promoted stories

"I am best friends with his brother Jack, so I'm always buzzing around Chris's house and in a way, it is weird that one of my heroes is now one of my mates."

Kurtz began following in the footsteps of his idols by winning the prestigious New South Wales Championship in the past two years, a title won by Poole legends Craig Boyce, Holder and Darcy Wardduring their early careers.

The emerging talent, sponsored by Poole company Wessex Marine, made an immediate impact in the second flight last year with an average of 7.54 before further pushing the boundaries this time round. But Kurtz insists he will not rush his introduction to Britain's top table.

"I am having a really good season and have a few offers but would be hesitant about taking anything in the Elite League right now," he added.

"With a lot of bookings in the Premier League and the World Under-21 Championship coming up, I don't think there is any rush. Time is on my side and if I wait until the end of the year to move up, I think it will be better for me.

"Next season, I definitely want to be in the Elite League. It is more than likely that I will double up but we will have to see what happens.

Share article

"With the reserve rules as they are, it is tough for us Aussies to step up and improving your average creates its own problems.

"It has to be the right offer from the right team and I want to have everything set up for it to work out on the track."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/13344455.Speedway__Up_and_coming_star_Brady_Kurtz_flattered_by_Poole_Pirates_interest/

Yes i read that when it fist appeared, but no news science ?

Yes i read that when it fist appeared, but no news science ?

None that I am aware of?

Edited by Poole Quay 7

None that I am aware of?

Ok & thanks for the reply. I'm a BIG Kurtz fan & think COULD be sky's the limit!

• Like 1

Ok & thanks for the reply. I'm a BIG Kurtz fan & think COULD be sky's the limit!

No problems.

I think he is a talent and wish him well wherever he rides.

• Like 1

Post of the month for June this one.................spot on 100%

RP

I agree with most and Gomolski is capable of so much more,i don't believe Newman is one of the top 3 draft riders this year.He was last year also i don't think he could cope as well as Howarth did from the tough number 2 birth.

Newman is certainly not riding at the same level as last year but shows glimpses of last years form, when i have seen him he looks jaded and tired,not sure if he has health issues or just knackered.

I like Gomolski, he is a real trier and getting to grips with some of the away tracks now, scoring well above his average.

Starke is riding a bit better too, so are Holder and Watt but Watt is still a worry come play off time.

The main concern at the moment has to be North, he is not riding at the same level as he was earlier in the season.

Brady and Jack Holder are in the Poole pits most Wednesdays. I think 'agreements' are in place as far as their respective futures are concerned!! :wink:

But as with everything else in speedway it'll come down to team-building points limits and any other new rules.

• Like 1