British Speedway Forum

Simple solution, don't break the rules in the first place.

Dead right, but not really the point of this bit of the argument.

Its about the delay in reaching a hearing/verdict, which is also having an effect on more than one team's planning for 2015. (when incidentally any offence was not committed when riding for any league team - but that's old ground!) :wink:

Its about the delay in reaching a hearing/verdict, which is also having an effect on more than one team's planning for 2015. (when incidentally any offence was not committed when riding for any league team - but that's old ground!) :wink:

No logic there at all.

Plenty of riders to choose from. The only person affected is Ward as he cannot align himself to any club and earn a shedful of dollar. The clubs he represents here and on the continent are inconvenienced, due to his stupidity, for a short period. Up to Ward to take it on the chin and man up.

Ford has an asset list bigger than this country's national debt so Poole are hardly going to struggle to fill the last 2 places.

• Like 1

Nice comment! It just needs sorting, I bet Rosco will be happy as he is sniffing around Darcy and waiting for Matts next move.

I suppose Matts dilema is could he risk Ward riding for another club ? For one one thing he might want to keep Ward up his sleeve for a pssible redeclaration in the event of Injuries, but also Ward is such a good rider he could potentially transform the prospects of most other clubs and possibly put them in the play offs ahead of Poole.

• Like 1

Perfectly relevant I'd say, if you are naughty then you are completely at the mercy of the authorities. The idea of him appealing on the grounds of human rights is laughable.

• Like 1

No logic there at all.

Plenty of riders to choose from. The only person affected is Ward as he cannot align himself to any club and earn a shedful of dollar. The clubs he represents here and on the continent are inconvenienced, due to his stupidity, for a short period. Up to Ward to take it on the chin and man up.

Ford has an asset list bigger than this country's national debt so Poole are hardly going to struggle to fill the last 2 places.

The only part of your second sentence I disagree with is 'the only person affected is Ward'!!

Despite some fans on here slagging Ward off at every opportunity (some deservedly so I admit), there are still many many fans and promoters of all clubs who want to see him back racing asap. He puts bums on seats and money in the bank - something that British on-track speedway in particular can ill-afford to lose - whether it be at Poole or elsewhere!!!.

Edited by Skidder1

While I don't disgree there, I think it's wrong he's not getting a hearing and it keeps getting put back. Thats not fair, guilty or not. What if he is/was innocent?

As for ECHR - can an Aussie take a Swiss institute to the EUROPEAN Court of Human Rights? :D

Edited by SCB

The news is all pretty one sided re Darcy's date being moved back - It wouldnt surprise me if it was moved back as Darcy's solicitors may be waiting on further info to help there case.

If Matt was sensible he would move on and build the team without Darcy and if need be pay Darcy a retainer so he doesnt ride for anyone else. Should the need arise he can always have a mid season shuffle and bring him back into the side.

• Like 1

Just like any court case things happen that make it get put back.

Ever thought it might be Darcy's side that are delaying it?.

Also maybe it might be Darcy who could've stayed out of trouble to even stop it happening?.

Easy to blame others but not Darcy!!!

Any team taking Darcy on had better hope that he's at last learned his lesson as it will be a ticking time bomb if he hasn't..

I'd rather that wasn't at Swindon but beggars can't be choosers.

Well considering Matt Ford and Darcy Ward were in the paper complaining about the long wait, I doubt very much it has anything to do with Darcy. But don't let facts get in the way of a good dig at Darcy, aye? ;)

Silly comment really. It doesn't matter that Darcy broke the rules. The court hearing is there to attribute guilt and punishment. It is only fair that the hearing is made in a timely matter. Imagine the world we would live in if we all took that attitude?

Edited by Snorlax

Perfectly relevant I'd say, if you are naughty then you are completely at the mercy of the authorities. The idea of him appealing on the grounds of human rights is laughable.

I disagree. The hearing should be heard in a timely manner. I think it is telling that other riders have had their cases concluded in a much shorter timeframe.

• Like 2

While I don't disgree there, I think it's wrong he's not getting a hearing and it keeps getting put back. Thats not fair, guilty or not. What if he is/was innocent?

As for ECHR - can an Aussie take a Swiss institute to the EUROPEAN Court of Human Rights? :D

Fair point SCB, I hadn't even thought of that!

I wonder if the fact that he has a permit to work in the EU might allow him some form of European protection? I know the EU and Switzerland are very closely linked on EU working matters.

I would have thought the legislation would apply to the place of work, which is of course in the EU, rather than this place of citizenship.

Edited by Snorlax

I hope that isn't on the agenda, great rider but never liked him personally or Ashley Holloway.

Intriguing comment

Fair point SCB, I hadn't even thought of that!

I wonder if the fact that he has a permit to work in the EU might allow him some form of European protection? I know the EU and Switzerland are very closely linked on EU working matters.

I think there must be something that could be done. It's would be wonderfully ironic that a human rights court decided Aussies were not human :D I think the biggest issue is Switzerland is nothing to do with the ECHR so can't make them do anything - it's precisely why the FIM, FIFA etc base themselves there. Stable country, geographically in Europe but not politicly in Europe.

League winning team there then Skidder with no doubt.

Ya think?...it's ok but still a lot of if's and maybe's....North has an inflated average to live up to Watt was at times dire away from home last year Pawlicki can and actually is pretty inconsistent and never a guarantee Brady will find it easy in the EL...and if were being honest here as much as i like and respect Chris he needs to steer clear of injury and improve vastly on his club form last season to be a proper out and out number one again..once you start getting injured as badly as he it almost becomes a habit...decent looking side but certainly not a guaranteed title winning one

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

I think there must be something that could be done. It's would be wonderfully ironic that a human rights court decided Aussies were not human :D I think the biggest issue is Switzerland is nothing to do with the ECHR so can't make them do anything - it's precisely why the FIM, FIFA etc base themselves there. Stable country, geographically in Europe but not politicly in Europe.

Haha, some people might agree that Aussies are not entirely human! :D

I would of thought if there is any EU legislation that might offer him some form of protection, it might be applicable because the place of work is in Europe? Otherwise surely we could circumvent minimum wage and working hours just by placing an office in China? :D

The news is all pretty one sided re Darcy's date being moved back - It wouldnt surprise me if it was moved back as Darcy's solicitors may be waiting on further info to help there case.

The six angry faces on Darcy's Tweet suggests otherwise.

• Like 1