British Speedway Forum

Given that Middlo was quoted in the Speedway Star saying "If Darcy is banned, he has a very good case to appeal it" and "the number of appeals Darcy could make is huge", you can hardly blame the FIM for ensuring that they are well prepared in advance of the hearing.

I hope they have a recording of his interview on the tele where he admits his guilt then :D

Switzerland is not in the EU.

So what point are you trying to make?

You do realise that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU?

I hope they have a recording of his interview on the tele where he admits his guilt then

Darcy has no appeal for the time it has taken to be heard. Due to no time scale being listed you cant appeal how long it has lasted. Even if you did appeal and then lose the sentance would more than likely be increased. Let just take on board the fact the FIM just are plain rubbish and a bunch of idiots :D

Edited by theknow 2

When did Australia become part of Europe? - I must have missed that announcement!

Would be a bit like trying to sell a car without an engine! Who would part with cash for him until they know his fate?

You obviously missed the rest of the thread as well. :o

So what point are you trying to make?

You do realise that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU?

If you had taken the time to actually read who and what I was replying to, rather than just spouting nonsense, you will have seen I was replying to the poster who said Switzerland was in the EU. :t:

It does not really matter what Poole's team is at the START of the season......

It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

As Coventry fans can easily relate to wrt 2010!

• Like 2

Yes or Poole in 2013

And 14 come to that !! :approve::approve:

You obviously missed the rest of the thread as well. :o

If you had taken the time to actually read who and what I was replying to, rather than just spouting nonsense, you will have seen I was replying to the poster who said Switzerland was in the EU. :t:

I've gone back and reread your post and I think you owe me an apology. Firstly my post is factually accurate and secondly your reply is clearly aimed at me given that you quote my post and in his post (also quoted) SCB acknowledges that Switzerland is not in the EU so you can't be responding to that.

You would hope no matter who it is the FIM should take each case of this nature as serious as the next, as has just been posted the FIM have made a right pigs ear of this. Ward should've known his fate ages ago.

Given that Middlo was quoted in the Speedway Star saying "If Darcy is banned, he has a very good case to appeal it" and "the number of appeals Darcy could make is huge", you can hardly blame the FIM for ensuring that they are well prepared in advance of the hearing.

That only shows that Muddlo is losing his marbles. At one stage in the SS interview he says " I don't know the readings on the machine and I don't know the severity of what he did". A bit later he says " He just made a stupid mistake. He deserves to be punished" . Then at the end he says "If he is banned he has a very good case to appeal it."

So that's Muddlo for you. Admits he doesn't know the readings, and doesn't know the severity of the offence. Admits his boy did wrong and deserves to be punished, yet despite not knowing any of the essential details tries to tell us that he has a good cases to appeal any ban. What an idiot.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

So that's Muddlo for you. Admits he doesn't know the readings, and doesn't know the severity of the offence. Admits his boy did wrong and deserves to be punished, yet despite not knowing any of the essential details tries to tell us that he has a good cases to appeal any ban. What an idiot.

Yes he should be punished, and i think he's serving that now, and i believe he's learn't his lesson this time. But, he also has the right of appeal and if there is an inkling that the procedure was not followed or done professionally or correctly for the want of better words, then yes so Darcy should appeal.

Switzerland is not in the EU.

You don't need to be in the EU to take a case to the ECHR. You need to be in the Council of Europe, which Swittzerland is. However the FIM are not in the Council of Europe so any suggestion .that that Darcy could appeal to the ECHR is a non- starter.

Yes he should be punished, and i think he's serving that now, and i believe he's learn't his lesson this time. But, he also has the right of appeal and if there is an inkling that the procedure was not followed or done professionally or correctly for the want of better words, then yes so Darcy should appeal.

Muddlo didn't say he had the right of appeal, he said he has "a very good case to appeal it" . Even you must be able to see that there is a huge difference between having the right of appeal and having a very good case to appeal, and even you must be able to see the contradiction in saying in one breath that you don't know the readings or severity of the case and in the next breath saying someone has a very good case to appeal .

I have no axe to grind and no particular views on whatever sentence Darcy should serve, but to anyone with even the most basic grasp if the English language it's clear that Muddlo was talking nonsense. How can anyone say Ward had good grounds for appeal without knowing the facts?

I acknowledge the truth of the old saying that justice delayed is justice denied and agree Ward should know his punishment by now but that is a long way from saying he has a good case to appeal any ban.

Muddlo didn't say he had the right of appeal, he said he has "a very good case to appeal it" . Even you must be able to see that there is a huge difference between having the right of appeal and having a very good case to appeal, and even you must be able to see the contradiction in saying in one breath that you don't know the readings or severity of the case and in the next breath saying someone has a very good case to appeal .

I have no axe to grind and no particular views on whatever sentence Darcy should serve, but to anyone with even the most basic grasp if the English language it's clear that Muddlo was talking nonsense. How can anyone say Ward had good grounds for appeal without knowing the facts?

I acknowledge the truth of the old saying that justice delayed is justice denied and agree Ward should know his punishment by now but that is a long way from saying he has a good case to appeal any ban.

spot on.

but some on here will not have anything said against Muddlo yet time and again he opens his mouth without thinking.

I agree the ban should have been announced by now but at the end of the day the only reason it hasnt is because of the actions of Darcy Ward last August.

Dont go drinking and he wouldnrt be in this situation where people feel a need to defend him.

I do like the attitude of most Poole fans who really are not that worried wether Ward rides for them or not.