British Speedway Forum

HISTORY-SEEKING Elite League champions Poole Pirates have been given the perfect “power” boost ahead of the new season in March with a lucrative new two-year team sponsorship.

The Dorset side – bidding for a record-breaking third successive Elite League title in 2015 – have joined forces with Berkshire-based Readypower Engineering Ltd as the club’s headline sponsors.

And in a deal which Pirates boss Matt Ford believes is “speedway’s perfect team sponsorship”. the Readypower company are headed by managing director Julie Mahoney and general manager Rick Frost who were previously involved at Peterborough Speedway as both sponsors and owners.

Ford admitted: “I have been indebted to all our previous team sponsors but I’m probably more proud and excited of this link with Readypower than any other in my 16 years in charge at the club.

“Julie and Rick have a huge passion for speedway and to be able to reinvigorate them and get them back involved in this sport after a year away for them is a huge boost for Poole speedway and everyone involved in the sport.

“When they were running Peterborough Speedway they were the toughest opponents and I am pretty sure they dished out one of Poole’s biggest home defeats while they were in charge at the East of England Showground.

“The fact they are on our side is a fantastic tie-up and I don’t just feel it’s the perfect business link but a double bonus that they are friends too and know that coming on board will just add to the 'family' at Poole Speedway.”

Readypower are a company who offer a comprehensive range of plant and equipment for hire to the construction and railway industries in the UK.

They operate nationwide from strategically located depots which allows them to provide a top quality service throughout the UK for those seeking local supply or regional and national contracts alike.

Ford added: “The Readypower Pirates has a nice ring about it. It’s ironic that sport in the UK is currently being dominated by Phil “The Power” Taylor in the PDC Darts World Championship at the current time.

“I hope we can use Phil’s “Power” nickname to our advantage with the Readypower sponsorship link.

“After winning back to back Elite League titles, this year is going be another gripping season for all of us at Wimborne Road.

“But it’s been a fantastic close season so far for the club with both Chris Holder and Davey Watt ‘coming home’ to wear the blue and white again in 2015.

“And to be able to confirm loyal speedway friends in the shape of Julie (Mahoney) and Rick (Frost) with Readypower back to the sport is yet another proud moment for me and Poole Speedway

Taken from Poole Speedway.

Not really surprising then that Dak signed for Poole...

Good luck to him, he did a sound job for Swindon, but his average is currently a tad too high !

Looks like all those that thought Matt Ford was to blame for the winter of discontent were completely wrong - unless Rick Frost has just done a deal with the devil !!

• Like 1

HISTORY-SEEKING Elite League champions Poole Pirates have been given the perfect “power” boost ahead of the new season in March with a lucrative new two-year team sponsorship.

The Dorset side – bidding for a record-breaking third successive Elite League title in 2015 – have joined forces with Berkshire-based Readypower Engineering Ltd as the club’s headline sponsors.

And in a deal which Pirates boss Matt Ford believes is “speedway’s perfect team sponsorship”. the Readypower company are headed by managing director Julie Mahoney and general manager Rick Frost who were previously involved at Peterborough Speedway as both sponsors and owners.

Ford admitted: “I have been indebted to all our previous team sponsors but I’m probably more proud and excited of this link with Readypower than any other in my 16 years in charge at the club.

“Julie and Rick have a huge passion for speedway and to be able to reinvigorate them and get them back involved in this sport after a year away for them is a huge boost for Poole speedway and everyone involved in the sport.

“When they were running Peterborough Speedway they were the toughest opponents and I am pretty sure they dished out one of Poole’s biggest home defeats while they were in charge at the East of England Showground.

“The fact they are on our side is a fantastic tie-up and I don’t just feel it’s the perfect business link but a double bonus that they are friends too and know that coming on board will just add to the 'family' at Poole Speedway.”

Readypower are a company who offer a comprehensive range of plant and equipment for hire to the construction and railway industries in the UK.

They operate nationwide from strategically located depots which allows them to provide a top quality service throughout the UK for those seeking local supply or regional and national contracts alike.

Ford added: “The Readypower Pirates has a nice ring about it. It’s ironic that sport in the UK is currently being dominated by Phil “The Power” Taylor in the PDC Darts World Championship at the current time.

“I hope we can use Phil’s “Power” nickname to our advantage with the Readypower sponsorship link.

“After winning back to back Elite League titles, this year is going be another gripping season for all of us at Wimborne Road.

“But it’s been a fantastic close season so far for the club with both Chris Holder and Davey Watt ‘coming home’ to wear the blue and white again in 2015.

“And to be able to confirm loyal speedway friends in the shape of Julie (Mahoney) and Rick (Frost) with Readypower back to the sport is yet another proud moment for me and Poole Speedway

Taken from Poole Speedway.

We welcome Julie Rick and the Readypower Engineering company to the big family what is Poole speedway... :t::approve:

• Like 2

We welcome Julie Rick and the Readypower Engineering company to the big family what is Poole speedway... :t::approve:

"That is"! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Going to make the Elite league an even fairer league & I just hope that Swindon see the season out & then re-join the Premier league.

• Like 1

Davey spells his name Watt. :lol:

Looks like all those that thought Matt Ford was to blame for the winter of discontent were completely wrong - unless Rick Frost has just done a deal with the devil !!

Isnt the old saying "if you cant beat them - join them"
  • Like 1

Rick and Julie are astute business people. Poole are high profile in speedway terms and will give them the biggest exposure and value for their buck. Maybe this deal will see Emil a Pirate this year.. ;)

• Like 2

Matt Ford was a small part of a bigger thing. The biggest culprits were involved at Swindon and Wolves at the time.

Welcome on board friends of the club and new team sponsors Rick and Julie of Poole Readypower' Pirates.

I told everyone on here it was a good move inviting them to Poole's Sponsors' Dinner a couple of years ago!! :t:

"That is"! :rolleyes:

The Poole speedway family.. We got the power !! Piratepride... :t::rofl:

Welcome on board friends of the club and new team sponsors Rick and Julie of Poole Readypower' Pirates.

I told everyone on here it was a good move inviting them to Poole's Sponsors' Dinner a couple of years ago!! :t:

Well done you.. ;)

The Poole speedway family.. We got the power !! Piratepride... :t::rofl:

Duracell will probably last the distance better Starman...

Good luck anyway.. :t: