British Speedway Forum

Bit harsh on Rosco, I think he's shown in the past he does have plenty of contacts. One of very few men in UK who could even hope to convince Emil to come over here. Sadly Emil won't set up work in a new country just as a favour.

Remember Colin Pratt is involved too, a man with contacts for sure. On a different subject this looks fun. http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2014/12/21/quiz-which-robins-rider-are-you/

Not sure it's particularly accurate though...I got Batchelor.

I am not sure you are right on the Emil statement not things i have heard anyway.

wether u like rosco or not you have to respect the way he gets teams to play offs on a consistent level as a a follower of the aces I wouldn't have minded him as our manager over last few years we had settle for atwood so I cant understand anyone knocking rosco ,

• Like 1

Remember Colin Pratt is involved too, a man with contacts for sure.

Colin hates signing Eastern Europeans as they're unreliable. He likes his English speaking (Brits, Americans and Aussies) - don't expect him to go searching Poland, Czech Rep and the like to bring you a star rider - it's not his style.

Edited by SCB

Gotta be Nick but I know quite a few who are stalling on a season ticket because of a lack of a genuine No 1.

Makes a mockery of an increased points limit when the top riders still won't do Britain.

Not just the lack of a top number one....we seem to be struggling to get a decent sub 7 number 3 also...that isnt Nick or Kyle as much as certain fans try to big em up!

Are you really Sidders? With Rosco's record of building play off sides? Isn't it 6 playoff finals in the past 8 years? Pretty impressive stuff.

Rosco isn't a tactical genius but he knows how to build decent entertaining sides. Looking at the team as it is now, and if it is Morris who is announced on Tuesday, then I reckon the team is shaping up nicely. In recent times the strength of the reserves have been criticised. Swindon are looking strong in this vital area next year.

Morris should continue to improve as will Howarth. Batch still has room for more as well. Let's just wait and see what Rosco produces. He did say he was bringing in someone who he was positive would be a crowd pleaser. I don't doubt him for one minute.

Gotta admire your optimism ER but im afraid i am very much differing to your view...everyone looks strong in the draft this season so that's a bit negated plus you say Nick should 'continue' to improve ...he actually HAS to improve ditto Kyle....are we getting carried away by his playoff performances as until about september he was poor at times...can remember Grieves beating him for 3rd in a heat 14 v Hammers (guest) so he needs to buckle down more consistently...no real issue with Troy but really needs someone of equal or better with him ....the signing we really need is that 3rd heatleader on a false below 7 average otherwise it will be a hard slog...sorry to be so negative just trying to be realistic cos as it stands we are in a spot of bother...merry xmas folks!

Do you have anyone in mind HS? Watt struggled at 1 in that lakeside team but could rebound with the pressure off at 3, I like shamek and his avg is only going one way.... Then I'm struggling

• Like 1

Emil to Poole.

With all our connections to Emil (Rosco Pratty Ash) i think if that happens i would seriously have to consider my future at our club!...after all the riders slipping through the net if we end up with a filler side and we have to endure Poole with Holder Sayfutdinov etc then i dont think i could stomach it!

• Like 3

Emil to Poole.

Hope you are wrong "Crazy,saying that wouldnt it be great to see him back in our league.i will probably have Steve Brum on my case as he did suggest this,i wonder how many Robins fans would pay an extra three pounds a week to see Emil in there side.?

Do you have anyone in mind HS? Watt struggled at 1 in that lakeside team but could rebound with the pressure off at 3, I like shamek and his avg is only going one way.... Then I'm struggling

I know im going to upset one or two but at this monet in time i will try and use my (partly) sensible head and construct a side that has quite a lot of points to play with thanks to our quick signing of Howarth who needs to repay faith with a fairly big increase this season...obviously we have Troy so the realistic route surely is to sign 3 riders around the 7 point area...with at least 2 of them with the ability to increase...does that include Nick?....have my doubts (not that he will sign but that he is classed in that category)...i know that wont please one or three within the Swindon circle but you win **** all being nice and cosy.

Now i am going to get flogged and stoned by some on here...the 'oh i cant tolerate any Poole assets conspiracy conspiracy agent this agent that'...b****x to that we need to get a side together so tough if we need to go that route then flaming well go it...no it doesnt sound like it will go ting bam kerpow with fireworks shooting off but we have clearly made a mess of signing a topline rider and the likes of Watt Pawlicki (prz) Walasek Madsen ....yes a lot of Poole assets but what else is out there?...our assets dont seem bothered to ride for us do they?....some say Zengi but i dont see much value in his average and certainly wont go above a 7 no way..Pavlic Miedzinski...those old chestnuts lol never happening big guns Greg KK Emil Laguta(s) PP Ward yadder yadder yadder dream on...happy new year

With all our connections to Emil (Rosco Pratty Ash) i think if that happens i would seriously have to consider my future at our club!...after all the riders slipping through the net if we end up with a filler side and we have to endure Poole with Holder Sayfutdinov etc then i dont think i could stomach it!

At the end of the day, it comes down to money - something we don't have a lot of.

If we sign Morris he will surely line-up as the third heat leaders, as we'll only have 14.84 left for a #1, plus a final rider?

Miedzinski will be the Robins Number one.

Deal is virtually done pending a CRB and credit check.

Is that by Miedzinski on Swindon??! :D

• Like 4

If Emil is to ride in the UK there could be another club other than Swindon & Poole that have been talking to him about riding for them in 2015 as well.

The question who is prepared to meet his demands and will he be worth the money for he clubs.