British Speedway Forum

I appreciate the reasons why some dont want miedzinskibut he is a very talented exciting rider who the fans will warm too im sure.

• Like 2

I appreciate the reasons why some dont want miedzinskibut he is a very talented exciting rider who the fans will warm too im sure.

I don't think people are questioning his talent (although he will struggle at certain away tracks) rather there is a skepticism about his commitment. This may prove completely unfounded, however. We just don't know.

Kildemand has been open about the fact he would not have been fully committed, even if he had been convinced to do a full season, so we're better of with AM in my opinion. As is pointed out here by Rosco, he has a very good CV

Think on paper the Swindon team looks very strong.

The only concerns for me would be Zengi away form and if Adrian will put EL high on his list of priorities.

I won't be going to Lynn every week this year but Swindon will certainly put my bum on a seat when they are in town. Attractive side.

• Like 1

Yeah Swindon look decent for me on paper, whether it will work out like that is another matter.

Yeah Swindon look decent for me on paper, whether it will work out like that is another matter.

Lots of improvement potential in that Swindon side. People talk about Coventry being favourites but there is little potential for improvement there, the Bees riders will all be lucky to maintain their averages. Swindon completely different. Miedzinski's may come down from its high start but the others will surely improve.

Very disappointed :sad:

Who else did you realistically expect though? There was actually no one else so why there was all this suspense is beyond me!

• Like 2

Think on paper the Swindon team looks very strong.

The only concerns for me would be Zengi away form and if Adrian will put EL high on his list of priorities.

Would put it above Wolves & Lakeside but all 5 of the main team could go either way.

Can see a few bad nights & at best outsiders for the play offs.

Would put it above Wolves & Lakeside but all 5 of the main team could go either way.

Can see a few bad nights & at best outsiders for the play offs.

Completely agree. Don't think on paper there is a lot between Swindon, Coventry, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and predicted Poole team.

A lot will come down to clashes, injury and form.

Completely agree. Don't think on paper there is a lot between Swindon, Coventry, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and predicted Poole team.

A lot will come down to clashes, injury and form.

You are spot on for a change! The thought of the clashes are already dampening my enthusiam for the season. 3 riders missing in our first meeting if it happens. What sh1te fixture planning that is!

• Like 2

to be fair, i'm more worried about Zengi than AM... hopefully the Polish duo strutt their stuff and we have a good season to look forward to.

Another reason why i dislike the draft system and using double uppers ....you think you have put together a decent side then find out half the bloody side is missing for meetings....poor... a rider like Howarth would be difficult to replace which is one reason why i questioned his signing so early but imagine trying to replace both draft riders....especially with some of the problems we had last season replacing Worrall (which people forget was quite a lot early season) ..as for Miedzinski...pretty pleased he is a much better rider than some are giving him credit for on here and he seems very much up for things

to be fair, i'm more worried about Zengi than AM... hopefully the Polish duo strutt their stuff and we have a good season to look forward to.

Kind of see where your coming from as both in a similar boat but i think he is a much improved rider even since his Coventry season....my concerns are elsewhere

I think Miedzinski will prove to be a very good signing, what I like about it is he's flown over & they've been able to sort everything out face 2 face. He's met his tuner, a mechanic whilst over here. Hopefully this shows the commitment from the start. I think it'll help having a fellow countryman to travel with as well.

I optimistic for the upcoming season. Roll on Good Friday!!!!

• Like 1

As good a signing as you can hope for really but even with Meidzinski Holder Jonsson Zengota and Lindgren back in the Elite League it only covers up the fact we have lost more respected heat leaders than have come back.

Woffinden Kildemand Worrall Toft Hansen Kylmakorpi Wells Barker Lahti Woodward Gustafsson Pawlicki Gracjzoneck Milik Pawlicki Ward all not included so far in the Elite League from last year.. Some may be in like Barker at Wolves and at least one at Poole but the trend is still riders turning there back on Britain.

What we do have though is riders on inflated averages due to the impractical heat formula used last season.

/Reading love in ...who would ever have thought it .

Amazing isn't it, how in speedway rival fans come together for the common good! :P