British Speedway Forum

The build should have started but as mentioned there is a noise barrier delay. If the Council are involved we have to be careful as they only have two speeds of working, slow and stop. Swindon like many councils are absolutely hopeless.

Don't seem to have any problem building the houses, no delays there . The only worry is Osbourne Clark as he builds houses but not stadiums ...these delays blamed on others is what happens every time .

• Like 1

Don't seem to have any problem building the houses, no delays there . The only worry is Osbourne Clark as he builds houses but not stadiums ...these delays blamed on others is what happens every time .

The fact the houses are going up quickly at the current stadium yet there is no sign of the new stadium being built yet and we are half way through July is a bit concerning.

Look how long it took Belle Vue to get everything signed and approved and then the time period to get everything built.

They have to report housing start numbers and concentrate on that as Central Govt pay more money to Councils who build houses.

If the stadium is being built on the car park, where will we park our cars ?

There will be a new car park, but it will hold a lot less cars than the present one, so cars will have to park in the surrounding industrial area, if the industrial area is actually built. There has been discussion that the local park and ride area could be used, the park and ride which is now closed since the building of the park and ride area was another cock up by the council which did not work, despite them being told it would not work.

Edited by A ORLOV

Thing is, if the stadium is built and people have a nightmare with parking, they ain't going to come so often.

Thing is, if the stadium is built and people have a nightmare with parking, they ain't going to come so often.

yes but they can't possibly be seen to be encouraging people to use cars, whatever next?! We all have to be pushed into using our amazing public transport system...

yes but they can't possibly be seen to be encouraging people to use cars, whatever next?! We all have to be pushed into using our amazing public transport system...

And this amazing public transport system is why the park and ride lost money and closed, anyway try getting a bus to the stadium for speedway, no chance unless you want a long walk.

And this amazing public transport system is why the park and ride lost money and closed, anyway try getting a bus to the stadium for speedway, no chance unless you want a long walk.

I didn't know, but I suspected that was the case, certainly was at Reading.

390 car parking spaces at the new stadium.

I noticed that Moredon pitch and putt has closed. This would be a much better location for the new stadium in my opinion.

390 car parking spaces at the new stadium.

I noticed that Moredon pitch and putt has closed. This would be a much better location for the new stadium in my opinion.

390 spaces is no bleedin good...current car park holds 1100, say 2 peeps per vehicle only 780 can use car park. People will be parking on St.Andys Ridge estate.

Can understand Moredon P&P closing, hardly anyone used it, probably didn't cover the man-in-the-hut wages. And Cheney Manor Estate road is still closed!

Thought they had plans to do something knee on moredon pitch & putt site?.

I'll worry about parking spaces if & when they actually start the stadium.

• Like 3

As Rose is out for 4 weeks with scaphoid injury, will the Robins replace him & if so, who with? Looking at the options, I can see Darryl Ritchings & Kyle Hughes as the obvious choice. Would it be better to ley Darryl continue to re-habilitate in the NL after his horrific injury last season & save him for next season?

I'm sorry, but it would be insanity to go so far down the draft list and replace a rider who is 8th (Rose) with a rider who is 24th (Ritchings).

We may a well pick and choose the best available replacement on a meeting by meeting basis as by the time Rose is fit again we'll know our playoff status.

Ashley Morris to ride in place of Lewis at Wolves on monday.