British Speedway Forum

Surely the guest scores are irrelevant, as now am is not injured there would be no facility (or for max 28 days). So the comparison is howarth and Pl 6pter vs ward and krcamer

That's correct. I wonder how many of the people having a pop at Swindon know what we were up against.

Edited by grachan

Surely the guest scores are irrelevant, as now am is not injured there would be no facility (or for max 28 days). So the comparison is howarth and Pl 6pter vs ward and krcamer

I don't remember AM being injured when The Aces rode there the other week. I remember North as a guest riding unbeaten by an opponent in his last four races.

I don't remember AM being injured when The Aces rode there the other week. I remember North as a guest riding unbeaten by an opponent in his last four races.

As I said. People having a pop don't understand the situation.

• Like 1

snapback.png

Darcy being the ultimate professional will of course give 100% for Swindon when they face Poole.

If he was the ultimate professional he wouldn't be sitting out a. ban in the first place

When I read the PMPO's comment, I thought it was a tongue in cheek remark about Darcy's lack of professionalism. I read it as he was taking the rise out of Darcy

Yet you say exactly the same thing as was intended and get loads of people agreeing with you... Strange people

Probably I'm the thick one....

I thought Rossiter was employed by the Robins? as an employee his job is to to do the best he can for the club for me i would of done exactly the same.

Sidney; I take it your holiday is not very good. You've spent more time on the forum of late than most others, when you should be having a real good time .

Relax mate, turn off the Laptop / Phone, Put your sunny's on , have a glass in your hand and dream of Darcy winning you the BEL.....

I'm sure the holiday will go better , that way....... :drink::t:

Edited by GRW123

So the England team manager has dropped an English rider for foriegn riders in the English Elite league, that sums him up.

Rosco should resign as the manager of the national team now as he clearly has no respect for an English riders career.

I don't get all the criticism towards Rosco, he is Swindon TM and it is his job to field the strongest team for his employers and the fans and if he can also increase the attendances at Swindon then he has done his job. Without a strong English Elite League you don't have a national team so IMO those having a go at Rosco at out of order.

Yes we know what will happen, Darcy will try his hardest to win the title for his team, the team he is riding for not his parent team.

Agreed FB. Ward will give his all for Swindon or any other team he may have ended up at - he is that sort of rider/person. The only issue I can see is if he has some genuine lack of form coming back from his time away from the sport or maybe bike problems, the usual suspects will be on here spouting cheat!!!!

• Like 1

snapback.png

When I read the PMPO's comment, I thought it was a tongue in cheek remark about Darcy's lack of professionalism. I read it as he was taking the rise out of Darcy

Yet you say exactly the same thing as was intended and get loads of people agreeing with you... Strange people

Probably I'm the thick one....

Sidney; I take it your holiday is not very good. You've spent more time on the forum of late than most others, when you should be having a real good time .

Relax mate, turn off the Laptop / Phone, Put your sunny's on , have a glass in your hand and dream of Darcy winning you the BEL.....

I'm sure the holiday will go better , that way....... :drink::t:

In the sun a pint on the side,catching up watching me Polish/swedish racing this is the life sod crappy England the country has gone to the dogs.Ward coming with the exciting Czech should turn our fortunes around i now have some hope in us getting points away from home.
  • Like 2

bit rich coming from a Poole fan!

You dumped up and coming brit Howarth for Mickey Dyer!!! How is his career going now?? Selective memory

Dyer has retired from speedway i believe and Howarth wasnt riding well at the time but Howarth understood then and understands now. Dont have a problem with it myself, it just had to be done for the good of the team. The only alternative was to replace Miedzinski with a lesser rider and keep Howarth. Darcy will make Swindon more profitable by increasing attendance and will be almost unbeatable at the Abbey.
  • Like 1

I just wonder, as discussed elsewhere on this thread, when Rossiter will be bleating on next about "the lack of British youngsters progressing within the sport". I also wonder, albeit doubt, whether the interviewer will have the gonads to chuck this scenario straight back in his grinning face?

I also wonder, as mentioned, whether Mr. Batchelor will now witness and end to his 'mechanical gremlins'? Wouldn't that be so wonderfully advantageous.

I also wonder how a particular Mr. Ward can be deemed to be 'the ultimate professional'? To my mind, nothing could be further from the truth.

But mainly, I have to wonder how Speedway Supporters minds now work? A group of people that I have always deemed to be the fairest, honest and most sporting of fans now seem obsessed with this win at all costs mentality. These values now appear to have been sadly discarded.

Just listen to yourselves (some) Swindon fans. You should be bloody ashamed. Your team has sunk to the depths of the charlatans from Dorset, and yet you seem overjoyed to have signed a rider with Ward's history; in place of a loyal young British rider who has now lost, for the time being anyway, a significant part of his employment.

Alan Rossiter, by these actions, is an utter disgrace to British Speedway; particularly given his position of 'Team GB Manager'.

• Like 6

I just wonder, as discussed elsewhere on this thread, when Rossiter will be bleating on next about "the lack of British youngsters progressing within the sport". I also wonder, albeit doubt, whether the interviewer will have the gonads to chuck this scenario straight back in his grinning face?

I also wonder, as mentioned, whether Mr. Batchelor will now witness and end to his 'mechanical gremlins'? Wouldn't that be so wonderfully advantageous.

I also wonder how a particular Mr. Ward can be deemed to be 'the ultimate professional'? To my mind, nothing could be further from the truth.

But mainly, I have to wonder how Speedway Supporters minds now work? A group of people that I have always deemed to be the fairest, honest and most sporting of fans now seem obsessed with this win at all costs mentality. These values now appear to have been sadly discarded.

Just listen to yourselves (some) Swindon fans. You should be bloody ashamed. Your team has sunk to the depths of the charlatans from Dorset, and yet you seem overjoyed to have signed a rider with Ward's history; in place of a loyal young British rider who has now lost, for the time being anyway, a significant part of his employment.

Alan Rossiter, by these actions, is an utter disgrace to British Speedway; particularly given his position of 'Team GB Manager'.

Spot on 👍🏻

Personally, I think both Ward and Krcmar will fail to maintain their averages. Krcmar is definitely one for the future, but based upon his scores for Gdansk this season, I think he'll struggle to make the same impact that Milik had for Poole last season.

I really do see why rossiter made the change but can't really see how he can complain if or when he moans about British team not being up to it you can't have your cake and eat it and I think quite soon his position as British boss may become untenable

Edited by muffinman
  • Like 1

Rosco is not a disgrace he is doing whats best for his hometown club who pay his wages. His part time position of GB manager does not mean he should have to make his club suffer. The lack of British talent is not Rosco's fault and Howarth will get another EL ride soon i am sure.

In any sport it is about winning not just taking part, ask a Bournemouth fan how they feel about being in the Premier League, would they say they would rather they were still in league 1 because it had more integrity.

Good luck to Troy, i am sure his bike gremlins are a thing of the past now.

• Like 2

Me too. Zengi is an in form rider though. However Howarth is British. Whatever way Swindon went it would of weakened the team.

Hopefully if we can fit Howarth in we will pick him up and drop Gomolski.

:icon_smile_clown: That is all :t:

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Rosco is not a disgrace he is doing whats best for his hometown club who pay his wages. His part time position of GB manager does not mean he should have to make his club suffer. The lack of British talent is not Rosco's fault and Howarth will get another EL ride soon i am sure.

In any sport it is about winning not just taking part, ask a Bournemouth fan how they feel about being in the Premier League, would they say they would rather they were still in league 1 because it had more integrity.

Good luck to Troy, i am sure his bike gremlins are a thing of the past now.

The last part of that post is spot on