British Speedway Forum

So what would you have done if you were a manager in the same situation?

well be honest for a start.

Erm how many Brits do you you have in your team? Is it more than us or none at all apart from reserves ?

Ah, so you're another Coventry fan then. Lots of you on here I see.

It's really not relevant. Besides, you, yourself, just admitted that in Rosco's position you would have done the same thing.

As I've said before, it's fine for Coventry fans to be wetting themselves about this, as they are in a good position. It would have been suicide for Swindon to ride out the year with a 4 man team and a 6 point PL guest.

Any team or fan who would have wanted the same would be foolish.

Oh yeah, and I notice recently that quite a few Coventry fans were hoping Swindon would release Zengota so they could bring him in for Robson.

It's ridiculous all this.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 3

Which Brits do you have in mind that would fit on average, not miss meetings due to fixture clashes and be capable of the 4-5 pts you'd expect krcmar to average?

If I recall correctly, no second string averaged less than 5 last year under the new format, so not difficult to achieve. Palm-Toft, who had a PL average of less than 5 in 2013 achieved 5.2 for Belle Vue last year. If the conversion rate is still 60% how about Richie Worrall. I haven't looked at the fixtures but wouldn't Swindon get priority as he is an asset of an EL club.

What Rosco has done is a short term fix, but Speedway is all about short term, for many.. No Medium or Long term plan.

• Like 2

Yes we know what will happen, Darcy will try his hardest to win the title for his team, the team he is riding for not his parent team.

yea right

That's correct. I wonder how many of the people having a pop at Swindon know what we were up against.

im not in any way having a pop at swindon.

when AM was out Swindon had a guest facility.

All im asking is how did guest and Howarth score combined?

Surely the guest scores are irrelevant, as now am is not injured there would be no facility (or for max 28 days). So the comparison is howarth and Pl 6pter vs ward and krcamer

your missing the point.

when AM wasnt riding how did the scores of the rider who replaced him plus Howarth add up?

All im saying is if the combined total of the 2 riders is only the same as what Ward and Krcmar score then surely Swindon arent much better off?

im not in any way having a pop at swindon.

when AM was out Swindon had a guest facility.

All im asking is how did guest and Howarth score combined?

your missing the point.

when AM wasnt riding how did the scores of the rider who replaced him plus Howarth add up?

All im saying is if the combined total of the 2 riders is only the same as what Ward and Krcmar score then surely Swindon arent much better off?

Guest and Howarth did okl, but we were going to lose the guest facility.

Miedzinski made a token appearance for one meeting (to allow the side to be redeclared) then withdrew his services, giving a 28 day facility. After that, Swindon were on 6 point PL guests at number one.

So the correct comparison is Ward/Krcmar or Howarth/6 point PL rider.

Edited by grachan

the problem stems from hiring a rider to do half a season really, kildemand didnt want to commit, miedzinski said he would commit to half a season,problem starts there.

say what you like about rosco but hes done what he thinks can get his team in the play offs, feel sorry for howarth obviously but you dont get many leigh adams, jan andersson type riders nowadays who stay at clubs for donkeys years.

its a short term mind set from management , riders and indeed supporters alike sadly.

• Like 3

Guest and Howarth did okl, but we were going to lose the guest facility.

Miedzinski made a token appearance for one meeting (to allow the side to be redeclared) then withdrew his services, giving a 28 day facility. After that, Swindon were on 6 point PL guests at number one.

So the correct comparison is Ward/Krcmar or Howarth/6 point PL rider.

ok your not understanding at all what im trying to say, and please accept im not in anyway having a dig at Swindon who i believe have done the right thing in getting Ward in.

I realise that now the comparison is Ward/Krcmar against Howarth/6 pointer.

But....

in the last couple of months Swindon havent used a 6 pointer they have used a guest at number one.

so in the last couple of months what have the combined scores of guest/Howarth been?

And then do you think the scores of guest/Howarth would be better or worse then the scores of Ward/Krcmar?

ok your not understanding at all what im trying to say, and please accept im not in anyway having a dig at Swindon who i believe have done the right thing in getting Ward in.

I realise that now the comparison is Ward/Krcmar against Howarth/6 pointer.

But....

in the last couple of months Swindon havent used a 6 pointer they have used a guest at number one.

so in the last couple of months what have the combined scores of guest/Howarth been?

And then do you think the scores of guest/Howarth would be better or worse then the scores of Ward/Krcmar?

About the same probably.

Swindon haven't particularly strengthened here unless the Czech turns out to be a ringer. They've just made a change out of neccesity.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Ok i decided to do my own research on this.

Combined scores of guest/ Howarth

Home v Wolves 18 plus 3

Home v Belle Vue 17 plus 1 (in a match Swindon lost)

Home v Coventry 18 plus 2

Home v Leicester (sorry Swindon used r/r so dont know the answer.

Home v Belle Vue 18 plus 3

Home v Wolves 17 plus 3

Away v Belle Vue 14 plus 1

In some of these meetings it was Kildemand riding with Howarth.

Now as i say i know from now it would be Howarth and six pointer

The point im trying to make is do people think Ward/Krcmar would have scored more than the totals in the fixtures above?

Personally i dont think so, not enough to make them all of a sudden play off contenders.

It is the correct move to bring in Wrad

Will it see a massive upturn in results? Im not so sure

• Like 2

The point im trying to make is do people think Ward/Krcmar would have scored more than the totals in the fixtures above?

Personally i dont think so, not enough to make them all of a sudden play off contenders.

Pretty much what I said above.

Pretty much what I said above.

So is Darcy riding on Saturday and does he have his visa yet.

I think Darcy will bring something to the team and make you stronger. The two new boys may not score much more but Batch and Nick i reacon will up their game. Darcy will inspire them.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, no second string averaged less than 5 last year under the new format, so not difficult to achieve. Palm-Toft, who had a PL average of less than 5 in 2013 achieved 5.2 for Belle Vue last year. If the conversion rate is still 60% how about Richie Worrall. I haven't looked at the fixtures but wouldn't Swindon get priority as he is an asset of an EL club.

Tougher league this year though. Pretty sure r worral would be based on his 14 el average so would be too high. Probably summers or Compton would be the best options? Would expect kcramer to outscore them.