British Speedway Forum

Usual Advertiser reporters exaggerating a story to see if they can get a job with a Red top newspaper.

SAME stuff in Speedway Star this week. Morris not over-joyed with Batchelor either.

SAME stuff in Speedway Star this week. Morris not over-joyed with Batchelor either.

ALSO Doyle saying that he will not ride for a Saturday night track in UK next year.

• Like 1

We know how Rosco is with criticism.

Personally whilst I do agree with some of what he says about Batchelor & Rosco, I think Kildemand has to take equal blame. He has spent more time off the bike than on it over both legs.

I agree with that. He should have been sacked on the spot for a performance like that. GP rider, Australian international and club captain..... Disgraceful, and utterly shameful. He needs to put out of his misery and fired.
  • Like 2

I agree with that. He should have been sacked on the spot for a performance like that. GP rider, Australian international and club captain..... Disgraceful, and utterly shameful. He needs to put out of his misery and fired.

Batchelor has shown Robins fans his true colors, the guy is an arrogant untrustworthy 'bag of peas' English..

I can remember him in Robins colours when Leigh Adams rode Blu, he looked so good, so fast, so stylish. You could see he looked up to Adams and he used to often say how he would like to emulate Leigh.

Having left for Ipswich (after getting in a strop because he was replaced by Zagar when he got injured) he signed for the Panthers, and I thought he looked pretty good around the EOES.

He then re signed for the Robins, amongst plenty of derision from Swindon fans (I must admit to thinking it was a damn good signing)

We have seen a very slight improvement in him over the last few years, but his vulnerable temperament, inconsistency and reluctance to mix it when the going gets tough ( in others words when he misses the gate) has been there for all to see.

I can understand Rosco making him skipper originally as he probably wanted to give him more responsibility in the hope that he may become a decent leader. But on reflection it hasn't worked. I am simply gobsmacked by him and feel totally cheated.

At the risk of repeated myself and sounding boring, he needs to go and someone needs to give him the message now.

• Like 9

We have seen a very slight improvement in him over the last few years, but his vulnerable temperament, inconsistency and reluctance to mix it when the going gets tough ( in others words when he misses the gate) has been there for all to see.

I think your last post, and in particular the quote above, is pretty well spot on.

I can remember him in Robins colours when Leigh Adams rode Blu, he looked so good, so fast, so stylish. You could see he looked up to Adams and he used to often say how he would like to emulate Leigh.

Having left for Ipswich (after getting in a strop because he was replaced by Zagar when he got injured) he signed for the Panthers, and I thought he looked pretty good around the EOES.

He then re signed for the Robins, amongst plenty of derision from Swindon fans (I must admit to thinking it was a damn good signing)

I can understand Rosco making him skipper originally as he probably wanted to give him more responsibility in the hope that he may become a decent leader. But on reflection it hasn't worked. I am simply gobsmacked by him and feel totally cheated.

At the risk of repeated myself and sounding boring, he needs to go and someone needs to give him the message now.

ER i have always liked him as a rider like you i think,i first watched him as a sixteen year old first time i think he rode in the EL maybe for Peterborough at the Abbey.We all know he has ability but he is an enigma, bloody frustrating and we all guess what version turns up everyweek he is so hard to fathom out to be honest.Even on a nice average he has to go,and he will get a club no doubt a shame really the bloke has ability.

Batch wouldn't make my top 20 favourite Robins riders, which is a sad indictment to a league winner, you could say he's a follower not a leader and has done a lot of following this season, the excuses Monday were frankly pathetic.

• Like 2

No worries - Leicester are looking for a heat leader with no GP commitments and only a 2nd tier Polish squad place for next year!!

No worries - Leicester are looking for a heat leader with no GP commitments and only a 2nd tier Polish squad place for next year!!

But what if the track isn't to his liking and he's not up for it ?........and that's for a routine league match!!!!!

• Like 1

Batch wouldn't make my top 20 favourite Robins riders, which is a sad indictment to a league winner, you could say he's a follower not a leader and has done a lot of following this season, the excuses Monday were frankly pathetic.

He wouldn't make the top 500 of best heat leaders of all time.

He wouldn't make the top 500 of best heat leaders of all time.

And that's just 500 Robins best heat-leaders! Not in the same league as Briggo, Ashby, Adams, Crumpie, Kilby, Broady, Autrey, Andersen, Nilsen, etc., and the other top Robins of the past. Has so much ability, and arrogance, should have been in top 8 EL averages. Remember him easily beating Leigh at Blunsdon when with Poole. No way is he a captain.

Fine total of £2300 raised by Town fans for Darky.

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 2

Anyone know if the Steam still shows GP's on a Saturday night?

Usually they do, if it's not on you can just ask for the channel to be changed..

However this Saturday is England Vs Australia in the Rugby World Cup and the place will be 'packed to the rafters' so you'll be fortunate to see the end of the meeting..

Usually they do, if it's not on you can just ask for the channel to be changed..

However this Saturday is England Vs Australia in the Rugby World Cup and the place will be 'packed to the rafters' so you'll be fortunate to see the end of the meeting..

Cheers for the info. I was hoping they would show it in the little room at the side. Fancy a night out on the ale and can't stand the egg chasing so speedway is my only hope! I might give them a call today and ask.