British Speedway Forum

I think INGONITOs point was if you were struggling to sign riders, why sign Howarth early on as there are a glut of 6 pointers so you could have got closer to the limit and got a better rider in his place.

Ah yeah. I see that now.

To be honest, though, from what I saw of Howarth last year he's a good signing.

Ah yeah. I see that now.

To be honest, though, from what I saw of Howarth last year he's a good signing.

Depends what day you see him :D Last season he had some great meeting for the Bees and was our man of the play-offs. But don't get DVDs of the meeting he rode at Lynn or Wolves whatever you do, you may have nightmares :o As a 5.5ish rider he's not a bad signing but if you're a point or two short of the limit there may have been better options for that team place. I'd have liked to have seen him back at Brandon if I'm honest.

Funny that the sternest critics and those downplaying the ability of Darcy Ward in the past seem to be the keenest for him to leave Poole and join Swindon!! Surely the Robins don't want him as........ (I won't quote one reference as there are so many on what's wrong with Darcy Ward according to these robins supporters). To me it sounds like a bit of desperation.

I wouldn't worry though as it looks likely that one of the Pawlicki brothers could well be the final heat leader for 2015

Why do riders not want to ride for Swindon what is wrong?

Not getting paid.

Not getting paid.

Not the case anymore but don't worry about getting your facts right before posting!!!!!!!

Why do riders not want to ride for Swindon what is wrong?[/quote

Go on then name these riders who for FACT have said that apart from Doyle???????

• Like 2

Amazing how people can post but when they get asked to show some substance to their posts they go missing.

Still waiting Game on & Pirate Oliver????

• Like 2

Amazing how people can post but when they get asked to show some substance to their posts they go missing.

Still waiting Game on & Pirate Oliver????

Sorry just could not resist. yes we all no it's old ground.

So what is the reason they don't want to ride for Swindon then? rumoured or otherwise?! :shock::D

Funny that the sternest critics and those downplaying the ability of Darcy Ward in the past seem to be the keenest for him to leave Poole and join Swindon!! Surely the Robins don't want him as........ (I won't quote one reference as there are so many on what's wrong with Darcy Ward according to these robins supporters). To me it sounds like a bit of desperation.

I wouldn't worry though as it looks likely that one of the Pawlicki brothers could well be the final heat leader for 2015

Wouldnt be surprised to see Przemak at Blunsdon...but no chance of Piotr

So what is the reason they don't want to ride for Swindon then? rumoured or otherwise?! :shock::D

Dont believe it's as simple as that....think we've been rather undecided about certain things what with waiting around for one or two riders to become available whilst letting 2 or 3 slip through the net in the meantime...you know how it is Skidder you hear things....'sauces' n all that.... ;)

Contrary to reports Doyle DID want to return at one point but due to above reasons decided he couldnt wait round long enough....contracts to arrange to enable his visa application...he's not the complete devil incarnate in all of this even if he is a bit of a moaner!

• Like 1

Probably the same reason Milik has turned down Poole!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

So with Brady unlikely going to Poole will Rosco use him?

There is a limit of two d/u riders per team so no as we have two already.

Edited by A ORLOV

Ah yeah. I see that now. To be honest, though, from what I saw of Howarth last year he's a good signing.

Must admit Howarth did much better than I expected quite a few times and can't criticise his efforts in the meetings I saw him in. However he is only a good signing if he is there to do the job required. If Swindon don't sign a decent heat leader, they will be looking at the others doing better than their averages suggest.

If Troy Batchelor 7.58 is going to be the #1 then the team had to have four six point riders to back him up and at the moment Robins have one in Nick Morris and other teams have stepped in to sign Woodward, King, Bech, Musielak, Stead leaving Kylmakorpi or PK available (depends if Wolves sign one)

Swindon, Wolves and Leicester all seem to be getting ready for the 2015 season with teams that are likely to be weak in strength.

Go on then name these riders who for FACT have said that apart from Doyle???????

Meidzinski, Kildemand, Sayfutdinov, Janowski, North, Zengota, Musielak ...... ;)