British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Melbourne track building is going well it seems: https://twitter.com/EtihadStadiumAU/status/656343538070777857

That looks fantastic. Etihad Stadium is made for that track. Spectators have good vision from anywhere in the stadium too. This is gonna be a blinder. Would cap it off if Holder or Doyle could win.

It was reported earlier that Tai, or someone in his team, had VISA problems and it seems that the same goes for Matej Zagar who says that he have problems with his VISA.

– Det är problem med visumet och är åt *censored* just nu. Jag vill och ska bara köra där. Jag har chans på topp fyra och ska göra mitt bästa för att klara det.

http://ekuriren.se/sport/1.3536337-kuriren-avslojar-vm-stjarna-klar-for-smederna

Looks very narrow. Hope it's the angle of the photograph.

Hope it's not another Tampere. As soon as someone first put a picture up of that up it was clear it was way too narrow. This looks similar.

Hope it's not another Tampere. As soon as someone first put a picture up of that up it was clear it was way too narrow. This looks similar.

The Track looks a bit narrow to me too - but as you say - maybe just the camera angle.

I hope that it isn't and that there is some decent racing - we shall see I suppose.

Straights are 12m(Cardiff 11)

bends 15m(Cardiff 14)

For those who are saying it looks narrow

Finland was 10m straights and 14m bends

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Roll on saturday! Buzzing for this.

Im assuming the tickets have already sold out as theres absolutely eff all advertising this gp in Melbourne as of today!!!

No doubt mr rising will be on to tell me how wrong i am though, despite being in melbourne city centre all day today!!!

Hoping for an Iversen or pedersen win. Hopefully pedersen can second from that boring, false, annoying old tw@t hancock

• Like 4

TBF the track is bigger than Cardiff so it's probably a little difficult to full gauge size correctly. But I did think the same as you.

Im assuming the tickets have already sold out as theres absolutely eff all advertising this gp in Melbourne as of today!!!

No doubt mr rising will be on to tell me how wrong i am though, despite being in melbourne city centre all day today!!!

It's all viral. Everyone who needs to know about the GP will already know about it... :rolleyes:

TBF the track is bigger than Cardiff so it's probably a little difficult to full gauge size correctly. But I did think the same as you.

It's longer though, isn't it? I suspect it's easier to get away with narrower bends on a shorter circuit where entry speeds will be lower.

There seems to be plenty of space to build a bigger track - one can only assume the size is limited by the materials and (air) fencing needed.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

It's all viral. Everyone who needs to know about the GP will already know about it... :rolleyes:

It's longer though, isn't it? I suspect it's easier to get away with narrower bends on a shorter circuit where entry speeds will be lower.

There seems to be plenty of space to build a bigger track - one can only assume the size is limited by the materials and (air) fencing needed.

Im

Expecting a sell out at the etihad on saturday HA.

Roll on saturday! Buzzing for this.

Hoping for an Iversen or pedersen win. Hopefully pedersen can ###### second from that boring, false, annoying old tw@t hancock

Fox Sports have been advertising since the weekend. They've been on throughout the night here. Triple M and other radio stations in the Melbourne suburbs have been continuing running adverts. So I don't quite understand where you think tickets are sold out because they have not

So for fans of speedway in general, and those that are followering this GP in particular, do you think that somebody, either BSI, Monster Energy or Etihad Stadium would arrange some television and radio media appearances this week?

Isn't somebody leaving money on the table in trying to draw money in ticket sales by having a rider such as Tai Woffinden for example, a double world champion, Australian links growing up not doing some radio in the city, and not only try to reach a market which has a 5 year deal on the table here, but sell himself and the sport to increase business towards Saturday.

Advertising has been aired on pay tv on Foxtel, radio adverts in Melbourne and surrounding areas. Not sure if any have been on free to air tv on channels like 7, 9 and 10 but someone might know.

No posters or adverts in the city though (which as you well know is packed every day).

And if they are , their well hidden!

Are the pits going to be inside the stadium on Saturday? A reason why the track is smaller than it could be. Having been at Warsaw it was quite nice being able to see what was going on until they went in the infamous locked room.

I'm looking forward to the Championship presentation.

Nicki and Hancock on the podium having to shake hands and smile for photos. I'm sure they will be very professional but will Greg try to shake Nicki's throat instead.

I seen a different photo earlier which was at a different angle and it didnt look as narrow as the other picture.