British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Well done to Tai on his 2nd title and Well done to Greg on his win today.

Is it just me or has the GP lost a little of its edge let me explain why i think so.Over the years there has always been 2/ 3 riders that stand a chance of winning the title. This year did anyone at any time think that Tai would not win it ?.His only challengers were two older statesmen Greg and Nicki who in the end finished well behind him.There are a few riders with long term potential but not ready for a few years yet.If time catches up with Greg and Nicki next year who out of the remaining GP riders could really challenge Tai for me no one yet.The 2 riders that could have challenged Tai are lost to the GP one for the worst reason possible Darcy Ward(boy will that guy be missed)and Emil Sayfutdinov who for some reason is showing no interest in riding in the GPs.

It should be Tai,Darcys and Emils time to be the 3 great challengers for the title but for the reasons above this is sadly not to be and the GP is not a patch on what it could be with them all in it.

No different to when Rickardson & Crump won everything. That was boring..

Crump was excellent on commentary today.

• Like 1

HAVEN'T seen much praise on here about the track. I'm not in Melbourne so can only comment from afar but it looked terrific and the extra size provided plenty of racing lines. It was still smaller than the new one at BV which is currently in the process of being laid.

HAVEN'T seen much praise on here about the track. I'm not in Melbourne so can only comment from afar but it looked terrific and the extra size provided plenty of racing lines. It was still smaller than the new one at BV which is currently in the process of being laid.

You can read more about the track laying process at the Etihad on speedwayXtra, via speedwaystar.net

Indeed, then again I have never resorted to making cracks about the colour of a person's skin.

Anybody who thinks stuff like this is a joke, harmless or not, needs to have a real think.

• Like 1

should we be praising a track?.....it should be a given....if you are promoting a professional sport, and charging top price tickets,

clearly the product should be right....

• Like 8

Is it just me or has the GP lost a little of its edge let me explain why i think so.Over the years there has always been 2/ 3 riders that stand a chance of winning the title. This year did anyone at any time think that Tai would not win it ?.His only challengers were two older statesmen Greg and Nicki who in the end finished well behind him.There are a few riders with long term potential but not ready for a few years yet.If time catches up with Greg and Nicki next year who out of the remaining GP riders could really challenge Tai for me no one yet.The 2 riders that could have challenged Tai are lost to the GP one for the worst reason possible Darcy Ward(boy will that guy be missed)and Emil Sayfutdinov who for some reason is showing no interest in riding in the GPs.

It should be Tai,Darcys and Emils time to be the 3 great challengers for the title but for the reasons above this is sadly not to be and the GP is not a patch on what it could be with them all in it.

When Crump, Nicki and Rickardson won their titles it was generally with a round to go and by a long way. Holders went to the death, Woffys first although going to the last GP was a formality and only took that long as he crashed in the GP before.

Other than Holders title most have them have been wrapped up with round(s) to spare.

Edit - how could I forget Loram. That also took until the final semi-final too.

Edited by SCB

should we be praising a track?.....it should be a given....if you are promoting a professional sport, and charging top price tickets,

clearly the product should be right....

LIKE cricket test pitches for example...

What's with all this Hancock knocking?. Can't people just acknowledge what a superb 20 year record he has?. To score a 21 point max in a GP at 45 years of age merits applause, not the negativity some people are showing.

Bizarrely there are people on this forum who believe Hancock to be some kind of evil overlord who controls the thoughts and actions of his gp rivals.

There are some vivid imaginations out there!

• Like 4

Absolutely 100% correct.

never watched cricket so wouldnt know, but blimey, are we expected to praise a track!!

You can read more about the track laying process at the Etihad on speedwayXtra, via speedwaystar.net

The track was very good but it should be given the amount of indoor tracks that have now been laid. No weather worries with the roof closed so the preparation must be without any interuption or problems. The racing was good but nowhere near the quality or excitement seen at Torun. Maybe that was because most riders had nothing of real value to ride for ?

• Like 1

There have been many more test matches played than GPs staged, and you can probably count on a couple of hands how many test matches have been abandoned due to a poorly prepared pitch.

There have been many more test matches played than GPs staged, and you can probably count on a couple of hands how many test matches have been abandoned due to a poorly prepared pitch.

NOT talking about abandoned matches but poorly prepared test pitches which produce a borefest

NOT talking about abandoned matches but poorly prepared test pitches which produce a borefest

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still bot sure what BSI do though

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still not sure what BSI do though

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still not sure what BSI do though

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still bot sure what BSI do though

While a good valid question, repeating it and the quote 5 times is perhaps a bit exaggerated? ;)

Bizarrely there are people on this forum who believe Hancock to be some kind of evil overlord who controls the thoughts and actions of his gp rivals.

There are some vivid imaginations out there!

Not evil, just not the Mr Nice Guy the speedway community seem to think he is.

• Like 1