British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Same as what i thought looks quite narrow looks like we got another finland in the making...

Does anyone know if there is a fanzone before gp?

Just arrived at the stadium. Corners are a bit narrow but not like in Tampere imo.

Crump will do some first test laps in 20 minutes

Over 25k tickets sold.

Official length: 346 meters, so bigger then the other indoor tracks.

Track looks good. Pedersen on instagram, after Crump test run. Great looks cool. I assume he was talking about the track.

Certainly looks solid anyway.

Edited by Ozrik

Thats not great is it?

Apparently so within the 5 year plan ....

Thats not great is it?

I'd have said it's not too bad if the figure reflects full price tickets. There will undoubtedly be some walk-ups, so it's probably reasonable for a non-speedway region.

Of course, attendances have been known to be exaggerated in the past, and there's often a pattern of declining attendances after the first year.

• Like 1

Hope Pedersen can get the silver medal

No chance, there are riders who will possibly 'help Greg out' if needed. Nicki's on his own.

• Like 1

I'd have said it's not too bad if the figure reflects full price tickets. There will undoubtedly be some walk-ups, so it's probably reasonable for a non-speedway region.Of course, attendances have been known to be exaggerated in the past, and there's often a pattern of declining attendances after the first year.

The tickets are a set price apparently, £23 give or take with kids half that.

The tickets are a set price apparently, £23 give or take with kids half that.

I was thinking more about giveaways - those going to sponsors, the media and even for promotional reasons.

Hope Pedersen can get the silver medal

Me too, the way Team Monster have been critical of him since Greg lived up to his COCK name is pathetic, so I hope NP does take that silver. Team Monster can dish out hard racing, but can't take it.

I am also pleased that Tai won his crown in Europe for his European fans. I still think it is wrong that for the next few years most European fans wont get an opportunity to see their World Champion being crowned in Europe. I don't begrudge the Aussie GP getting the finale, but I do begrudge the fact they get the finale for the next few seasons.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

I'd have said it's not too bad if the figure reflects full price tickets. There will undoubtedly be some walk-ups, so it's probably reasonable for a non-speedway region.

Of course, attendances have been known to be exaggerated in the past, and there's often a pattern of declining attendances after the first year.

Non speedway region??? Seriously?? In what terms of reference is that statement made? The city of Melbourne has no track, however speedway in Australia is alive and well. Dont dismiss Australia because we don't have league racing.

Unlike some have suggested, we don't have heavies forcibly dragging people in off the street, and they're not giving away tickets. Sponsorships were sold as packages. Anything over 30k will be a success, and who knows what effect national promotion would have had. Tickets range from $49 to round $250 depending on seat. You do the sums, if they can't make that work, then take it back to Finland.

Get down here and have a look!!

• Like 1