British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Overall a good GP and a good indoor track. Fewer dangerous incidents than most GPs but particularly marred by the final. It did look to be a fast track so any incident even at the first bend is likely to be high speed , and to win races you needed to have a lot of power. Even great track craft isn't enough to compensate for lack of power. Wise words from Crumpie all the way through, and a generally good commentary. Nice one!

• Like 3

What engine was Harris using? Doesn't really matter because no engine is going to get him going as fast as the rest of the field, but just curious.

From TV screen he was using the GTR

Yes he did, made several.

Once folk had listened to him a number of times they'd be complaining about his stock phrases etc.

At least we didn't have to listen to Woffy Woffy Woffy and Greg " Herby" Hancock every 2 mins.
  • Like 3

Good GP.

But all appears a bit of a clique.

I liked the commentary bar 1 comment from Crump (Re NP mechanics should not get involved etc, he would not have made such comments re Holders brother having a dig at NP on the track)

Tai looked v quick

Hancock looked class (I think if NP had done the same as Hancock in the final he would have been excluded)

Plenty going on a good GP

• Like 1

They should introduce a rule that you are not allowed to carry anything when being interviewed. Hancock would probably get the Monster logo tatooed on his face though.

• Like 1

They should introduce a rule that you are not allowed to carry anything when being interviewed. Hancock would probably get the Monster logo tatooed on his face though.

They don't need to carry anything, All they need to do is make a slight adjustment to their baseball cap and your eyes look at the logo on the front. :t::cheers:

Edited by tyretrax

Has to be said that if ALL Indoor venues could be prepared to Saturday's standard it would improve the product on offer.

• Like 5

Still seething with the Bomber exclusion, would Tai have been excluded in a similar situation if the World Championship was going down to the wire.....

Speedway GP brought to you by monster... Surely a conflict of interests? Tai going down yesterday didnt look right imo, What odds Lindback getting a wildcard next year also riding under the Monster banner.... Cynical i know, and maybe not the case..but its becoming like team mates in an individual competition, gang culture :)

I am glad you said that, I know Tai hurt himself which is why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and I assume and hope he was not playing games, but the way he went down at the time my immediate thought was he is doing his mate Holder a big favour there.

Not sure if posted anywhere else, but I could not see it. From the SGP site.

Australian champion Jason Doyle is in a stable condition in Royal Melbourne Hospital after a dramatic crash in the DON Smallgoods Australian SGP final on Saturday night.

The Newcastle-born racer tangled with Greg Hancock going into bend one after both made superb starts. Doyle crashed hard and was briefly knocked unconscious.

He was treated at the Etihad Stadium by the RACESAFE Medical Team, before being transported to Royal Melbourne Hospital for further treatment.

RACESAFE chief medical officer, Dr Greg Harris, said: “I can report that Jason is awake, alert and in a stable condition.

“As a result of the crash, he has sustained neck and chest injuries, which are stable. He will receive continued care over the coming days. He is in good spirits.”

BSI Speedway, Etihad Stadium and Motorcycling Australia wish the new world No.5 a speedy recovery.

Id say given the nature of the crash thats about as good as could be hoped for.

Could have been so much worse.

Well, I'm going to praise our boy for his racing in his first GP ......superb Sam!!!

As for the handbags, Nicki should stop taking other riders lines if he doesn't like a thick ear!!!

It was a great race and Sam passed NP cleanly on the second lap, only for NP to cut back then shoot across the track to the fence taking Sam's line enforcing him to lift his leg out the way and back off the throttle to avoid a crash. A very typical NP move to stop the opposition in their tracks. Such a regular occurrence that it would seem no-one except Sam and myself noticed it......

I'd like to know what the mechanic said to Sam as he obviously took the heat away from Nicki but continued to stir the pot!!!

Just for the record, I am not one of the NP haters

Best wishes to Jason Doyle

• Like 1

As for the handbags, Nicki should stop taking other riders lines if he doesn't like a thick ear!!!

And when other riders take his line by flicking their back wheel? Their indiscretions get glossed over don't they!

• Like 4