British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Indeed F1 is not a fantastic spectacle racing wise and yet marketed and presented properly it managed 350,000 fans over the three days of silverstone. You can also guarantee that no hits if the 70s cd was played and unlikely ghey has a shout for Bert and Ada's 60th wedding annivarsary. Wonder why that is, imagine the crowd they could get if they geared the sport to a fee hundred coffin dodgers

Get up to Glasgow, they are making an all out attempt to appeal to everyone, so you'll get Tiger Feet, but also Diplo, Katy Perry, The Stones etc :o

And it's proving you can please everyone. Loads of young women, loads of pensioners, loads of families and kids. But still sending good wishes out for fans of all ages. TBH they've kind of modlled a lot of the flashly stuff on the GP's. It is definately possible.

• Like 1

"His mechanic come and grabbed me and told me he was going to kill me," Masters said. "He wouldn't leave me alone, then he pushed me in the shoulder, and I let it rip."

No he didnt :)

you were there I take it???

Actually, I can't believe this is still running!!! Sam overreacted, has apologised, been fined and I doubt if NP is losing any sleep over it

you were there I take it???

Actually, I can't believe this is still running!!! Sam overreacted, has apologised, been fined and I doubt if NP is losing any sleep over it

Doesn't have to. Both Masters, some Ozzies and anti Nicki haters have been shown up with their incorrect assumptions, and Nicki can just walk away laughing at them.

• Like 4

Just back from my Australian jaunt.

The SGP was brilliant and I have have converted my daughter and son-in-law into speedway fans. They attended as total novices but enjoyed it so much that they were delighted when they heard about the 5 year deal and they intend to go every year.

• Like 1

Just back from my Australian jaunt.

The SGP was brilliant and I have have converted my daughter and son-in-law into speedway fans. They attended as total novices but enjoyed it so much that they were delighted when they heard about the 5 year deal and they intend to go every year.

Gr8... 'er indoors and myself are going over for next year's GP, meeting my bruv there who lives in Adelaide, he really enjoyed this year's event, but has only ever seen Greg Hancock win an Aussie GP, as he won in Sydney as well in 2002. What was the attendance in Melbourne?

Gr8... 'er indoors and myself are going over for next year's GP, meeting my bruv there who lives in Adelaide, he really enjoyed this year's event, but has only ever seen Greg Hancock win an Aussie GP, as he won in Sydney as well in 2002. What was the attendance in Melbourne?

Motorcycling Australia said 25,000 http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=15458&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6&cHash=6c22fa9584
  • Like 1

Capacity was 40k for the speedway layout so that is pretty decent.

Find it hard to believe that the speedway loses 13,000 seats given that it's already a big oval.

Find it hard to believe that the speedway loses 13,000 seats given that it's already a big oval.

Especially when comparing to Horsens, where it seemed the crowd was able to do high-fives with the riders during racing...

The entire top tier over the finish line was empty, which must have meant that hadn't been available for sale. Strange, as that is prime viewing.

The entire top tier over the finish line was empty, which must have meant that hadn't been available for sale. Strange, as that is prime viewing.

It would have to be opened and staffed. Presumably the stadium weren't expecting to need to use the capacity, so why bother?

It would have to be opened and staffed. Presumably the stadium weren't expecting to need to use the capacity, so why bother?

Why. If it wasn't being used for fans, all they need was security at the exits to keep the space safe. Happens at all big stadium in football when big stadia/teams are hosting smaller clubs in the cup comps. It's called being professional and running a business sensibly.

Why. If it wasn't being used for fans, all they need was security at the exits to keep the space safe.

Que?

Opening a section means stewarding it, and also cleaning it up afterwards.