British Speedway Forum

Alot of this season has been about bringing on British talent and then we go and lose one of the better ones sad news.

• Like 1

Who am I, well I am someone who sponsored LBR also negative yes what is there really to be positive about the sport if you can call it that is a joke in this country this last year even more so.

Not what I watched this year as far as the actual speedway is concerned, apart from Eastbourne, Coventry and the play off meetings at Lynn and Poole. Loads of other things could be put right if the will is there, things that wouldn't all cost a fortune too. You are looking at things from a different angle to me I guess. Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

so what's the news / gossip from the end of season dinner ?

so what's the news / gossip from the end of season dinner ?

Well what is said in confidence has to stay in confidence but what can be said is that if Adam gives up Speedway he should have a great career as a comedian. His interview by Jon Cook was hilarious. It's not just what he says but the way he says it, a continuous steam of one liners, one after the other, all off the top of his head, laughing at himself as well as the other riders.He is a really nice lad .

There is report and photos on the Lakeside website, but TBH not much could be said this side of the AGM . Jon Cooks interviews were mostly the riders taking the mick out of each other and taking the mick out of Jon Cook, and it is clear that all the riders get on very well

Good to see club legends Leigh Lanham and Andrew Silver there as guests of honour, both still remarkably popular with the fans.Rob Mear and Marc Owen also came along.

Richard Lawson was Rider of the Year. Overall it was a really good night.

Mind he can probably see what a joke Speedway has become and opted out can't say I blame him at all.

It's pretty clear from what Lewis was saying at the Dinner and Dance on Saturday that Pirate Oliver hasn't got a clue what he he talking about. It's not the reasons Pirate Oliver is talking about in the above post. Pirate Oliver is an idiot.

• Like 1

You say your proper name, I'm surprised you are so negative about the sport, aren't u a Poole fan? Thought all was good down there?

Davey looking to double down in the PL in 2015!!

Hardly surprising given the rapidly diminishing number of EL meetings likely to take place next season.

Alot of this season has been about bringing on British talent and then we go and lose one of the better ones sad news.

I agree.

On one of my visits to Lakeside last season he was simply brilliant, easily the best I have ever seen him ride. On the others, he put in 100% in every race.

I think its true to say that Bridger is occasionally his own worst enemy, but he is both talented and willing to put it in on the track. We can't afford to lose riders like that.

I will be surprised if we don't see Lewis back on a bike at some time next season.

• Like 1

I will be surprised if we don't see Lewis back on a bike at some time next season.

I think a season away will make him realise that he does want to be racing after all. It's just a shame that he isn't hungry for it at the moment, as he was definitely gaining some momentum last season and he could be carrying that on and progressing next year.

• Like 1

Jon Cook has his critics but to give credit where its due he will be having a fans forum on 21st November, within days of the AGM to update fans on developments straightaway. He was very candid last year and hopefully he will be the same this year. We may possibly get some info on the 2015 hammers at the same time.

Jon is standing down from his role as Vice Chair of BSPA - to concentrate fully on the Hammers.

• Like 1

With how the fixtures are set up this season I hope this means AJ will be back leading the hammers.

• Like 1