British Speedway Forum

Although failing to reach the playoffs this season was disappointing, there are plenty of positives to consider when looking forward to next season. The racing has been getting better and better at our track, the presentation of the meetings has also been improving, and for the most part I think the fast track system has made a difference already, particularly for the teams that have embraced it and committed to help develop their young riders.

This week's Speedway Star had a couple of Hammers-related stories in it. Starting with the good news, AJ has confirmed that he is "strongly considering an Elite League comeback" and has been holding some initial talks with Jon Cook which is exactly what I was hoping for. He admitted that it is only the early stages at the moment and that Coventry would also be an option that he would consider, but I completely agree with Neil Vatcher's recent comments that we need a big-hitting #1 and I'd love to see AJ back in the team (assuming that he isn't in the GPs next year).

Unfortunately, Lewis is apparently not enjoying the sport and is considering taking a break next season. It seems that money is a factor for him again. There's no doubt that he is one of the most entertaining riders around our track, and last season must surely have been one of his best with his away scores improving. I'll admit that I was a bit unsure when he first joined the team but he has definitely won me over, and it would be a shame to see him sit next season out. I'm not sure how seriously he is considering taking a break, but he has to do what is best for him and either way I wish him the best - hopefully we'll find out more soon.

Richard will surely be one of the first names on the team sheet for next year - and although we don't know what the situation for the fast track reserves will be next season yet, I hope we'll see Adam in the team one way or another. I would like to see Mikkel Bech back next year as well, as he was brilliant when he was present. It's to be expected that he wants to chase success at a high level, but if that is going to lead to unavailability too often then I don't want to see a guest lining up for us every other week (although Rory and Danny were fantastic this season) for the same reason that we don't have GP riders in the team. Hopefully the bridges haven't been burnt and something can be worked out, but as I say if he'll be absent too often perhaps we'll have to leave him out of the team next season.

While both Davey and PK have been great for our club during their time with us, I feel that it's time for us to try something else with our team building. Davey has been a great captain and I do believe that he's done a lot for the younger riders in the team, but I just feel that it's time to mix things up a bit.

Depending on what happens with the fast track system, Jack Kingston is definitely a rider that I'd like to see included - not only because he's our asset, but because he has really impressed me this season when I've seen him in the NL. I'm also hoping to see him in the Lakeside NL team if we enter one!

• Like 2

Although failing to reach the playoffs this season was disappointing, there are plenty of positives to consider when looking forward to next season. The racing has been getting better and better at our track, the presentation of the meetings has also been improving, and for the most part I think the fast track system has made a difference already, particularly for the teams that have embraced it and committed to help develop their young riders.

This week's Speedway Star had a couple of Hammers-related stories in it. Starting with the good news, AJ has confirmed that he is "strongly considering an Elite League comeback" and has been holding some initial talks with Jon Cook which is exactly what I was hoping for. He admitted that it is only the early stages at the moment and that Coventry would also be an option that he would consider, but I completely agree with Neil Vatcher's recent comments that we need a big-hitting #1 and I'd love to see AJ back in the team (assuming that he isn't in the GPs next year).

Unfortunately, Lewis is apparently not enjoying the sport and is considering taking a break next season. It seems that money is a factor for him again. There's no doubt that he is one of the most entertaining riders around our track, and last season must surely have been one of his best with his away scores improving. I'll admit that I was a bit unsure when he first joined the team but he has definitely won me over, and it would be a shame to see him sit next season out. I'm not sure how seriously he is considering taking a break, but he has to do what is best for him and either way I wish him the best - hopefully we'll find out more soon.

Richard will surely be one of the first names on the team sheet for next year - and although we don't know what the situation for the fast track reserves will be next season yet, I hope we'll see Adam in the team one way or another. I would like to see Mikkel Bech back next year as well, as he was brilliant when he was present. It's to be expected that he wants to chase success at a high level, but if that is going to lead to unavailability too often then I don't want to see a guest lining up for us every other week (although Rory and Danny were fantastic this season) for the same reason that we don't have GP riders in the team. Hopefully the bridges haven't been burnt and something can be worked out, but as I say if he'll be absent too often perhaps we'll have to leave him out of the team next season.

While both Davey and PK have been great for our club during their time with us, I feel that it's time for us to try something else with our team building. Davey has been a great captain and I do believe that he's done a lot for the younger riders in the team, but I just feel that it's time to mix things up a bit.

Depending on what happens with the fast track system, Jack Kingston is definitely a rider that I'd like to see included - not only because he's our asset, but because he has really impressed me this season when I've seen him in the NL. I'm also hoping to see him in the Lakeside NL team if we enter one!

hope he got Covs permission before he spoke to Aj I would love him back at Cov

I would go back to Lakeside`s meetings if AJ came back.

Used to be the highlight of meetings watching the `King of Arena`flying around.

And STILL track record holder.

• Like 1

Would be brilliant to see AJ back in the uk.

• Like 1

Money is a factor in Bridger's decision yet he can afford to go on multiple holidays etc and seems to live tge high life.

I really like lewis. Excellent rider for me but threatening to retire every year is getting a bit boring now

I'd have him at belle vue though

• Like 2

Money is a factor in Bridger's decision yet he can afford to go on multiple holidays etc and seems to live tge high life.

I really like lewis. Excellent rider for me but threatening to retire every year is getting a bit boring now

I'd have him at belle vue though

I just wonder how he thinks he's going to make the kind of money he earns as a speedway rider as he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who has the brain to go out and earn a good wage with very little experience of anything but riding a bike for a living. Give it a few months before he realises playing speedway riders is easier than a real job.

Isnt bridger a rising star in the world of ufc? :lol:

Isnt bridger a rising star in the world of ufc? :lol:

Maybe Darcy Ward will take the same route too if he gets a ban :D

Another great GP round for AJ puts him 6th in the standings ... so I'm guessing we won't see him riding for us next season!

With home EL meetings every fortnight (on non SGP weekends) the logistics should not be a problem. NL meetings filling the vacant weeks should ensure a regular dose of racing at Purfleet.

Can't see AJ back in the UK now he's made the GP top 8

• Like 1

["Phil The Ace" post=2529658" timestamp="1412949287]

I'd have him at belle vue though.

Bit like the numourous promoters pleading poverty yet going on long holidays and continuing to run the speedway the following year!

Neil Machin who goes to Aussie every winter used to be a prime example of this!

When I was younger I had many years when I couldn't afford to go abroad and indeed go out much at all and there was people much worse of than me!

Lewis Bridger is an extremely talented rider who I doubt will get any better than he is cause hes to cavalier and often not smart enough!

That said hes great entertainment value and hes one of that rare species that's British and has progressed further than NL heatleader/PL reserve so I hope he continues!

Anyway I suspect he probably hasn't got many if any qualifications and wouldn't be able to earn anywhere near the same amount of money he does out of speedway?