British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

To be fair, I dislike Pearson as you all know. But he did say what we have all said, we want Ward back but hope he learned. That said, they did go a bit OTT in bigging him up there.

And tbf I don't criticize Pearson much, but his sometimes childlike admiration of Darcy does grate sometimes...

Didn't want to be listening to something her indoors had on so had me headphones on. Just after the rain started and they went to Louis for an interview Pearson said quietly off camera 'they should be getting on with it' Did anyone else clock it?

Nigel, a word in your shellike mate. Have a word with whoever is in charge of the Sky coverage when rain around 9 had been trailed all day that it might be good policy to forego all the gollox for the 1st 10 minutes of the broadcast and GET ON WITH IT!

To then be bemoaning it as a shame that we didn't ride the last few heats 'because of the rain' is just plain silly. We didn't run the last few heats because of Sky's intransigence.

• Like 5

What a joke this season has become. Shock horror the same Poole fans who said 15 heats was ok last night now only want it off . Hypocrites

And you came on here earlier today saying it should have been called off earlier at Poole last night. Make your mind up

• Like 1

Once again British Speedway is great at blasting its own foot off.

In a way, it helps Coventry, as I think they're only have fallen further behind tonight.

Think you're right there. They're chasing three, not 6-8.

I've never knocked the Sky team but Kelvin Tatum and Chris Louis were a disgrace tonight.....they were so pro Poole it was unbelievable...right from the start, it was quite laughable really...

One thing I don't understand is that if rain was forecast then the meeting should have been raced through much quicker and the interviews cut and less visits to Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum....that meeting could have been finished..yes it was bad at the end but a bit of forward planning could have beaten that.......and the fact the meeting was announced as off by a rather smug sounding Louis when the ref didn't know, the team manager didn't know ...well...farce...

Speedway has become a joke...official !

• Like 2

You did indeed here Pearson say that I heard it as well, why was this meeting not started earlier knowing the forecast and predictions to rain at 21:00 and why the fk was the meeting not speeded through fkn joke.

Liked the Hans interview and whoever shouted out bullsheet was a classic

My last ever post after listening to Hans's interview.

FECK YOU BRITISH SPEEDWAY!

Farce Farce Farce.

The meeting steward is a 100% complete T0553r

It is easy to say he didn't want it off after it was, makes him sound better

• Like 1

Yes loud and clear.

Yep me too.Sky's interference has cost this match going the distance.We all knew the rain was coming apart from Sky.Strangely enough Sky do their own weather don't they :nono:

Yep you witnessed Sky taking the p&ss out of paying customers on the terraces again and they do it superbly. They knew rain was forecast so waffled on , had numourous rider interviews when they could have been left till after heat 15. All super stuff!!!

If you heard Pearson tonight when he thought he was off air and could say what he really thinks he said when they went to an interview "They should be getting on with it" A lot of free weather forecasting on the net is pretty accurate these days,this meeting should have been done and dusted by 9 pm easily tonight.If Sky have to fill a bit at the end then so be it.Feel sorry for the fans who paid their 20 quid for 12 heats.

• Like 3

I just hope we only get 12 heats on Monday but no doubt Sky will race through the meeting as it's at Poole.

Someone needs to tell the truth of the goings on tonight as why it took so long to start & then interviews were still done?.

This sport really is dying on it's backside & now Sky interview a rider who is SUSPENDED.

What a f..king joke Sky are!!!!!!!

Poole didn't call it off.l.If they had carried on Poole may have won by more

• Like 5

Pearson said rain was forecasted at 9pm, if so Nigel, Why did it take Sky 15 mins to run the first race?

This could have been completed if they just checked the radar and started on time. Shameful

Have to agree; sometimes it's OK not to have interviews and flashy opening sequences. We know what happened last night. We know what happened in 2012. Just go straight to heat 1.

Is there only a meeting steward if its on TV? I havent been to much Speedway since Reading closed, but I keep very much in touch and I didn't know there was one!. And as far as I've always understood, the ref can't call it off without discussions with managers and captains. So why can the Steward? And does anyone know who the Steward was tonight?