British Speedway Forum

As a rider he should have retired 3yrs ago at least disruptive influence in the pits not a team man at all,always blamed something other than himself for poor performances, i.e track,set ups etc dont know what he will be like as amanager though?

he got them medals not wooden spoons

How many more ex-Poole riders or relatives will end up team managing EL teams?

Its clearly an MF plan for world domination doubtless to be confirmed at next year's AGM!! :D

Those bricks were certainly a great investment. :rofl::cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

Its clearly an MF plan for world domination doubtless to be confirmed at next year's AGM!! :D

Those bricks were certainly a great investment. :rofl::cheers:

It's only Lynn, Leicester and Wolves with no connection now isn't it? Havvy, Rosco, Vatcher, Middlo and Lemo have all ridden for Poole or been involved at the club.

It's only Lynn, Leicester and Wolves with no connection now isn't it? Havvy, Rosco, Vatcher, Middlo and Lemo have all ridden for Poole or been involved at the club.

Not forgetting Gordon on the SCB (not the BSPA MC!!) as well!!! Good innit??! :t::D

As a rider he should have retired 3yrs ago at least disruptive influence in the pits not a team man at all,always blamed something other than himself for poor performances, i.e track,set ups etc dont know what he will be like as amanager though?

I heard that too and not just at Plymouth.

What would be interesting is how he deals with a rider who behaves exactly the same way.

• Like 1

I heard that too and not just at Plymouth.

What would be interesting is how he deals with a rider who behaves exactly the same way.

Why do you think he was sacked at Newport number 1? His attitude was apparently a bit issue

Why do you think he was sacked at Newport number 1? His attitude was apparently a bit issue

An Aussie with a bad attitude, who'd have thunk it!

Mark Lemon is a great appointment, lots of EXPERIENCE as a rider and manager. Will be able to motivate riders better and can also help out with bike problems etc. Absolute AWESOME signing.

my gran could get Australia on the podium at a world cup man, and if hes sh!t hot on bike problems, why has his been giving him major headaches for the past 5 years lol :)
  • Like 1

Well I'm happy with mark lemon. Welcome aboard mark

• Like 2

To be fair Speedway is getting the same as football, Everyone not long ago that was within the British isles had at one time or another had trials with Man Utd and now the elite is getting the same with basically everyone with Poole Connections. I could go on about Poole, but would be repeating the same thing about the hundredth time. Getting back to the topic, I`m quite happy to see Lemon at Belle Vue as if he puts as much effort into his managing as he did riding for us a few years back i can see us possibly being mid table, which would be heaven since 2006.

The biggest question i have on the season isn`t the new Team Manager, the track or hell even the riders that are will don the Aces colours for 2015. What i hope and manay others will hope for is the promotion to keep and stay away from the actual running of the team during the season and letting Mark get on with the job at hand, as can`t be a concidence that the Aces have had nearly as many managers as the Pirates have league title since 2007. Something doesn`t seem right as Eric Boocock, Chris Morton, Jim Lynch and Jason Attwood have come and gone or just moved upstairs. Plus if you take in account the way the club refused to acknowledge the work of Attwood via their PR statements, of which was re-edited 3 times!

It isn`t any shock that i`ve never been won over by this promotion since day 1 and the way certain things have transpired and rumors have gone round, then i`m not surprised that we finish near bottom every year. Hopefully 2015 is better than it has been, but jury out for me and not on Lemon.

Mark Lemon is a great appointment, lots of EXPERIENCE as a rider and manager.

Hardly any experience as a team manager.

• Like 1

Quite pleased with the ftd. Worrall and Nielsen are good picks and look a strong pairing. I was surprised Nielsen wasn't chosen by one of the clubs who picked before us.

As I have commented elsewhere the rankings in the first tier were ridiculous. Was that down to Neil Vatcher? I thought we would be left with the less fancied riders in the second pick but fortunately some strange decisions were made by some of the other clubs.

Quite pleased with the ftd. Worrall and Nielsen are good picks and look a strong pairing. I was surprised Nielsen wasn't chosen by one of the clubs who picked before us.

As I have commented elsewhere the rankings in the first tier were ridiculous. Was that down to Neil Vatcher? I thought we would be left with the less fancied riders in the second pick but fortunately some strange decisions were made by some of the other clubs.

Yes i thought that re Nielsen and i am over the moon with our pairing.As Belle vue fans we all saw that Nielsen on the whole had the better of all the other riders picked in the 2nd round draft.But i can see why the other promoters did not go for him as they did not see how well he rode at Kirky lane every week.They will have gone off his form in the National league.Every rider in the 2nd draft bar Ellis rode in the National league and every one of them bar Bates finished on a higher average than Nielsen.So i think that is the reason(to our joy)he was left for us to pick. :D

Yes i thought that re Nielsen and i am over the moon with our pairing.As Belle vue fans we all saw that Nielsen on the whole had the better of all the other riders picked in the 2nd round draft.But i can see why the other promoters did not go for him as they did not see how well he rode at Kirky lane every week.They will have gone off his form in the National league.Every rider in the 2nd draft bar Ellis rode in the National league and every one of them bar Bates finished on a higher average than Nielsen.So i think that is the reason(to our joy)he was left for us to pick. :D

he got injured that's the only reason his average wasn't higher than it was he settled in at belle vue really well I my eyes

my gran could get Australia on the podium at a world cup man, and if hes sh!t hot on bike problems, why has his been giving him major headaches for the past 5 years lol :)

FAIR points .but I still think hes a great appointment for the Aces.