British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poland 2015 Season Extraleague News

Who do Gorzow have in challenge matches this weekend?

Tuesday, 24th - Gorzów-Zielona Góra

Wednesday, 25th - Zielona Góra-Gorzów

Tuesday, 24th - Gorzów-Zielona Góra

Wednesday, 25th - Zielona Góra-Gorzów

Is NKI riding for Gorzow on Wednesday?? :wink:

It was a challenge between a div 1 side home to an Extraleague club after all. I`m not 100% sure but I think all the punters were charged was under £2 for a programme. Maybe better value than the mauling at Birmingham on Wednesday ;)

Sadly the hotel is now closed or was when I popped in on the way back to Poznan airport last season. They are holding the 1st meeting there of this season`s world cup-I am not convinced the racing will be upto much.

I have seen some cracking meetings at Gniezno over the years, highlight being Gniezno v Rivne, turned up expecting a home massacre but we were treated to a cracking battle.

Poland will doubtless romp the round, but there could be some good scraps

Rico

• Like 1

I have seen some cracking meetings at Gniezno over the years, highlight being Gniezno v Rivne, turned up expecting a home massacre but we were treated to a cracking battle.

Poland will doubtless romp the round, but there could be some good scraps

Rico

Hi Rico, I have seen a few on the internet over the years-league matches and the big "Boleslaw the brave" meetings and have been generally disappointed with the racing.

Am I understanding the translation of this page right? http://www.ap.stalgorzow.pl/

Stal Gorzow are now running a football academy? If that's the case, what a fantastic way of engaging with the local community, and what a great way of connecting with the next generation of potential fans. OK so they teaching kids to play football, but what's the betting that on a Sunday afternoon a lot of these football players will be drawn to watching the speedway by virtue of the connection?

Is there an inovation award anywhere, because I think we have a winner here. Best not tell any British speedway promoters about this though. All these ideas coming out of Poland just aren't British are they? Wait til the next episode of OAP's Behaving Badly for where the next batch of British speedway supporters will be coming from...