Poole Pirates: Elite League Champions 2014 :party::drink::cheers:

Pirate Pride to keep me warm throughout the winter! :party::lol:

Commiserations to Coventry :t:

• Like 1

yes very interesting anderson and hansen were weak links

shame I thought you had a good team there

harris and kyle top guys

all the best with saving your stadium

Well done to Poole. No gripes from me. They were by far the best team over the two legs.

It's been a good season for us but, to be honest, we punched above our weight most of the year. We were a top four team but nothing more. Our high point of the season was beating Swindon over the two legs of the semi-final. However, Andersen's poor form in the latter part of the season, together with consistently poor form from Hansen meant the likelihood was we were going to fall short.

On Sky, it was mentioned how Poole are consistently able to build teams which challenge for the title. As far as I'm concerned, it's because they do not accept losing. Take a rider such as Hansen for example. The odd decent performance excepted, he's been mediocre at best and dire most of the time. I do not believe that there is the remotest chance, had he rode for Poole, he would have kept his place all season. But Coventry stuck by him and this, in my opinion, is one of the main reasons why we are not celebrating tonight.

What about Hans Andersen then. lew in this morning from Los Angeles ,thats a 12 and half hour flight. No wonder he could not win a race. Unbelievable that he could fly out on Saturday and then fly back on Sunday.

• Like 3

I think Getting rid of MJJ was a bad move for Coventry........If they had kept him they may have been the ones celebrating tonight.

Isn't he out injured so unlikely.

Well done to Poole. No gripes from me. They were by far the best team over the two legs.

It's been a good season for us but, to be honest, we punched above our weight most of the year. We were a top four team but nothing more. Our high point of the season was beating Swindon over the two legs of the semi-final. However, Andersen's poor form in the latter part of the season, together with consistently poor form from Hansen meant the likelihood was we were going to fall short.

On Sky, it was mentioned how Poole are consistently able to build teams which challenge for the title. As far as I'm concerned, it's because they do not accept losing. Take a rider such as Hansen for example. The odd decent performance excepted, he's been mediocre at best and dire most of the time. I do not believe that there is the remotest chance, had he rode for Poole, he would have kept his place all season. But Coventry stuck by him and this, in my opinion, is one of the main reasons why we are not celebrating tonight.

You are sort of stuck between a rock & a hard place. You can't be certain that the replacement will be any better. With Hans I can't believe that he has been across the Atlantic 3 times since Friday evening might explain a little of the tiredness

You are sort of stuck between a rock & a hard place. You can't be certain that the replacement will be any better. With Hans I can't believe that he has been across the Atlantic 3 times since Friday evening might explain a little of the tiredness

If he's been across the Atlantic 3 times since Friday's match, surely he'd still be on the other side???

• Like 4

Do you have to ask after that race was awarded?

Ref's decision to award Heat 3 was correct in accordance with rules 15.5.2 and 15.5.3 as race leader Janowski had completed two laps prior to the race being stopped and Harris being disqualified for unfair riding.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

we seem to have run out of excuses for poole's win - they did well despite all their injuries (as with Kings lynn) and against a very decent team from cov

much more importantly is the threat to brandon road

the problem with a certain few on here is the anti speedway views they hold

if it doesn' t fit their view or their team not winning

thay are not going to support speedway anymore coz it is a fix etc etc etc

• Like 3

Congratulations to Poole on the win

Have really enjoyed watching the 2014 bees and it's been a brilliant season. Did us proud reaching the final. Howarth has really grown as a rider.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Because Kennett is a top rider who has done very well for Poole this season.

No he isn't.

If he was an EL club would have signed him up.

Yes it sure does. We'll perhaps lose by only 10 points now if we have some luck instead of 15 or more. :D

See....I might be a miserable pessimistic old sod but at least I'm realistic and know what to expect. :D

• Like 2

Ref's decision to award Heat 3 was correct in accordance with rules 15.5.2 and 15.5.3 as race leader Janowski had completed two laps prior to the race being stopped and Harris being disqualified for unfair riding.

Unfair riding only relates to an opponent.

There was an issue at Eastbourne earlier in the year when Iversen wiped out Schlein, but as the rule only relates to an opposition, it was Schlein who got excluded.

So it was Fricke who ought to have been excluded. A tough entrance to EL Play-Offs!

Of course if it was going to get awarded anyway, it didn't really matter who finished third, but whilst Fricke was never going to hunt them down, Harris very well could have.

Congrats to Poole. Best team in the league, in my opinion, and deserving winners. Even when it looked like they were up against it, they were always able to find that extra gear. Janowski and Newman have both been remarkable for them in the 2nd half of the season. Huge years for both riders. What's the chances in neither of them riding for Poole next season?

• Like 1