British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

It's easy to say all that but the decision not to release the champers and fireworks in 2010 was not made by the Poole fans, unless you don't count them as part of Poole. A good management may have recognized and anticipated they could win away from home and had agreed with the away promoter as to what would occur. Maybe Coventry didn't plan to win that year? I wonder if Poole had the away meeting last ... would they have organised the trimmings of their celebration?

I certainly enjoyed the meeting and congrats to Poole.

I think I would describe this post as " glossing over the real issues ".It was the beginning of Fords vindictive reaction to a fellow promoter/owner who played him at his own game. ;)

• Like 4

I think I would describe this post as " glossing over the real issues ".It was the beginning of Fords vindictive reaction to a fellow promoter/owner who played him at his own game. ;)

Why are we still talking about 2010.incase you don't know it's 2014. 2010 Cov won the playoffs {that hurt} 2014 Poole won the playoffs.

Almost forgot Poole won 2013 as well.

Get a life. You're so desperate to say something against Poole that you have to go back four years !!!

This was bled to death at the time and ever since . I agree It was bad at the time but forget it. I don't think Coventry gave us fireworks in 1952 but we don't go on about it.

As I've said elsewhere I think it was a good decision. In this case Fricke was clearly taken out by Harris, but why should Coventry get a second chance over an incident that was nothing to do with the Poole riders.

OK Havvy I'll be another clairvoyant, but the two Poole lads were never going to be caught, now be honest now, fact not theoretical.

The 'professional foul' of riders dropping it and staying down (not in this case I agree) has become a blight on the sport and we need stronger referees who are going to award races in these circumstances to stop the cheats.

Agree there needs to be some form of punishment for riders who do the professional foul,maybe a yellow and red card system,but NOT awarding races that last just 2 laps!!.I go all over the country watching speedway as a neutral and if this happens 2 of 3 times a meeting,im not going to bother supporting speedway,as the other ones being punished are the fans like myself who pick matches where they might see good racing.i also agree with you that the Poole riders were very unlikely to be caught,but you cant say 100% what would have happened if Max had the chance to try!!!Refs awarding races light this cant be allowed to continue its killing the sport,

Edited by speedwaysliders
  • Like 1

Why are we still talking about 2010.incase you don't know it's 2014. 2010 Cov won the playoffs {that hurt} 2014 Poole won the playoffs.

Because I was replying to another post which was about 2010.

It might be convenient for you to forget what happened, but I think you will find that in many peoples eyes the winter of discontent and the subsequent affair over Peter Kildemand was a massive negative for the sport and will not be forgotten easily.

• Like 2

And you wonder why most people dislike Poole.

Brilliant piece from Matt Ford online giving Darcy Ward the praise he deserves.

Some clubs could only dream of having a rider like Darcy and a promoter like 'The best in the business' Matt Ford.

:neutral:

Still playing this game are we :nono:

Brilliant piece from Matt Ford online giving Darcy Ward the praise he deserves.

Some clubs could only dream of having a rider like Darcy and a promoter like 'The best in the business' Matt Ford.

and you dont troll lol.

Ward let Poole down in case you didnt realise.

Bout time you revealed your true identity KKS - your certainly not a Swindon fan

• Like 2

And you wonder why most people dislike Poole.

Most people dislike Poole because they are sucsessful

• Like 2

Most people dislike Poole because they are sucsessful

wrong wrong and in case you are hard of hearing wrong

• Like 1

wrong wrong and in case you are hard of hearing wrong

I thought that would bring you out. Can't resist it can you. I now await Steve Brum

• Like 1

Ward is a total disgrace to the world of speedway. No rider or driver in any form of motor sport if they have got a brain would turn up for a meeting after drinking, he must have had a hell of a night if they could still smell drink on his breath the afternoon after. No regard for himself and no regard for the other riders.

Sky even had the ordacity to show him on Monday night to say he was playing a captains role in the pits.

I hope that they throw the book at him and ban him for the complete 2015 season. He knew he was being in idiot or should have done when he showed up to race.

Nothing against the lad he has talent, it is time he started acting what he is a rider with great prospects, not some stupid looney that goes of the rails every few months.

• Like 2

I thought that would bring you out. Can't resist it can you. I now await Steve Brum

if you could stop burying your head and read the Poole 2015 thread then you would see i compliment Poole and other Poole fans agree.

However you only see the negative.

If you think i dislike Poole because they win then thats quite short-sighted of you.

If you read carefully ive said on countless occasions i dont like Matt Ford and think Middlo can be a bit of a prat at times.

Dont become one of the boring pedantic 'Poole jealousy ' sheep

• Like 1

if you could stop burying your head and read the Poole 2015 thread then you would see i compliment Poole and other Poole fans agree.

However you only see the negative.

If you think i dislike Poole because they win then thats quite short-sighted of you.

If you read carefully ive said on countless occasions i dont like Matt Ford and think Middlo can be a bit of a prat at times.

Dont become one of the boring pedantic 'Poole jealousy ' sheep

Oh thank you your eminence for you praise of Poole. Lets see how long it will last. If it does I will try and wash out my blue tint, although I quite like it :lol:

• Like 1

Because I was replying to another post which was about 2010.

It might be convenient for you to forget what happened, but I think you will find that in many peoples eyes the winter of discontent and the subsequent affair over Peter Kildemand was a massive negative for the sport and will not be forgotten easily.

You don't have to forget it but holding a bitter feeling on something that happened 4 years ago is not healthy. A bit like Havvy's grudge on Hans pre season.

• Like 1

Not sure if you have read other posts but some of us are trying to have a bit more respect to other posters. :rolleyes:

Maybe that is something you can start instead of goading for a reaction?