British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

You don't have to forget it but holding a bitter feeling on something that happened 4 years ago is not healthy. A bit like Havvy's grudge on Hans pre season.

Thanks for your concern about my health. :lol: Don't worry, I can manage the fact that I despise what Ford stands for. I will just continue commenting on what happened when something needs to be said. :D

• Like 1

Most people dislike Poole because they are sucsessful

I don't. Most people have other reasons for disliking Poole. Do you want a list? :D

• Like 4

A message to all of those who want to attack each other on here. Just read this in a book and I found it most appropiate.

You can't be truely rude until you understand good manners.

Just wished that people would just learn to be able to stop all this constant hate barage against each other, there is no need for it.

• Like 2

Brilliant piece from Matt Ford online giving Darcy Ward the praise he deserves.

Some clubs could only dream of having a rider like Darcy and a promoter like 'The best in the business' Matt Ford.

I am Poole through and through but this really annoyed me. How many times has he let Poole down ? :mad: Lost a bit of respect here for me.

• Like 8

The more times I read it the more I lose respect for Matt, he nearly ruined his seasons and effected his business! If we didn't get to the final because of Darcy Matt would not of had that pay out. To dedicate that to Darcy is an absolute joke and like I have said on many occasions it is time to plan Poole with the troublesome Darcy. Holder and Magic is the way to build, riders who are mature and think about situations before doing something very stupid!

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 5

We all do stupid things when we are young, it's part of what shapes us as adults. Unfortunately, Darcy did more stupid things than most people.

I hope he can resume as captain at Poole next season, he is a brilliant rider and this spell out may of been just what he needed to sort himself out.

We all do stupid things when we are young, it's part of what shapes us as adults. Unfortunately, Darcy did more stupid things than most people.

I hope he can resume as captain at Poole next season, he is a brilliant rider and this spell out may of been just what he needed to sort himself out.

I hope he has. But how many chances is he going to get before enough is enough? If he was an average rider he'd be gone by now.
  • Like 1

I hope he has. But how many chances is he going to get before enough is enough? If he was an average rider he'd be gone by now.

I do worry that he fails to see the consequences time and time again.

Time will tell if he really has this time and it will all come down to what the FIM decide is the best course of action.

• Like 1

Well lets hope this does not happen. BSI had the balls to drop him for a year lets hope Poole do to. He can prove himself over next 12 months and then come back.

Edited by theknow 2
  • Like 2

Well said! any less rider would have been gone along time ago. We were told when he had his very serious court case a couple of years ago it will change him and he will grow up! 3 further incidents have happened since! Darcy is a lost cause off the track.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 3

Well said! any less rider would have been gone along time ago. We were told when he had his very serious court case a couple of years ago it will change him and he will grow up! 3 further incidents have happened since! Darcy is a lost cause off the track.

This is the first time his actions have had real consequences so it's a little different this time.

I don't think it's fair to bring up the court case. Darcy was found innocent of committing any crimes. It was nothing more than teenage antics.

can you not see what matt ford is doing , he does it all the time and that is using the press for his advantage , by publicly praising darcy he thinks it will somehow make darcy look

in a brighter light , so when the FIM make there judgement on darcy they may be more lenient....

This is the first time his actions have had real consequences so it's a little different this time.

I don't think it's fair to bring up the court case. Darcy was found innocent of committing any crimes. It was nothing more than teenage antics.

Missing the second leg of the play off final in 2012 didn't help us much!

• Like 1

Anyone would think his misdeamour was to murder someone. All we have is that he marginally exceeded a mathematical limit with absolutely no evidence that it affected him, and there were mitigating circumstances. OK its a limit that all riders must abide by and he has to be sanctioned/fined. Watching from the sidelines while his club juggled the guests (as it turned out successfully) must not have been easy. However, lets wipe the slate clean for next season and let the best rider in the Elite league continue his career with the best club in the Elite league. Why deprive Sky and its viewers the sight of a star on two wheels strutting his stuff on the track.

• Like 1

Anyone would think his misdeamour was to murder someone. All we have is that he marginally exceeded a mathematical limit with absolutely no evidence that it affected him, and there were mitigating circumstances. OK its a limit that all riders must abide by and he has to be sanctioned/fined. Watching from the sidelines while his club juggled the guests (as it turned out successfully) must not have been easy. However, lets wipe the slate clean for next season and let the best rider in the Elite league continue his career with the best club in the Elite league. Why deprive Sky and its viewers the sight of a star on two wheels strutting his stuff on the track.

Why do people constantly stick up for the bloke. I dont want to see him next year in Poole colours or have our name linked to him. As i said, let him prove himself and then were wipe the slate clean.

• Like 1