British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

I don't know if its a case of sensible or not, just a difference of opinion. You seem to try and put Poole supporters into groups, Those that agree with you and those that don't..

For the record I think he should get a ban. Now where does that put me?

trust me there are 2 groups of Poole fans! I think it's good to see the majority of you realise what Ward has done and don't want him back. I can understand those who want him back because if his ability. What I don't get is those who say he should be back as he has been punished. That's an opinion not anti poole

trust me there are 2 groups of Poole fans! I think it's good to see the majority of you realise what Ward has done and don't want him back. I can understand those who want him back because if his ability. What I don't get is those who say he should be back as he has been punished. That's an opinion not anti poole

So Darcy Ward should never be allowed to ride again, for anybody? You would like a lifetime ban for him, is that right?

I think the "sensible" fans would all agree that was ridiculous.

• Like 1

So Darcy Ward should never be allowed to ride again, for anybody? You would like a lifetime ban for him, is that right?

Gavan hasn't said that at all - a lifetime ban that is. He said he can understand why many Poole supporters on here wouldn't want Ward back riding for Poole.

Ward needs a ban that will hurt more than his pride. He's obviously not learnt by his mistakes otherwise this last episode wouldn't have happened. Each misdemeanour has been when he has imbibed too much alcohol. All different offences - but with the same root cause...

• Like 4

Each misdemeanour has been when he has imbibed too much alcohol.

Blimey I've learnt a new word. :o I always thought I was pretty good at English but must admit I've never heard of that before.

Gavan hasn't said that at all - a lifetime ban that is. He said he can understand why many Poole supporters on here wouldn't want Ward back riding for Poole.

Ward needs a ban that will hurt more than his pride. He's obviously not learnt by his mistakes otherwise this last episode wouldn't have happened. Each misdemeanour has been when he has imbibed too much alcohol. All different offences - but with the same root cause...

Gavan said we shouldn't want him back. So who should want him? Another team? Is it just Poole who shouldn't want him back? When is an acceptable time to want him back?

I personally would love to have Darcy back next year, but then I'm not the sort of person to hold a grudge. I'm sure the majority of Poole fans will want him back and would be over the moon if we were lucky enough to have him again next season.

Personally I think he will be back next season if and when the ban allows and it wont matter what the fans think, there is only one man that will decide and he loves darcy.

Personally I think he will be back next season if and when the ban allows and it wont matter what the fans think, there is only one man that will decide and he loves darcy.

Me? :o:D

At the end of the day it's Matt's money that is going into the club, so only he can decide what's best. If that means Darcy is back so be it, I like him as a rider he is a good to watch but that's it! Some tough love needed with him I think.

Gavan said we shouldn't want him back. So who should want him? Another team? Is it just Poole who shouldn't want him back? When is an acceptable time to want him back?

I personally would love to have Darcy back next year, but then I'm not the sort of person to hold a grudge. I'm sure the majority of Poole fans will want him back and would be over the moon if we were lucky enough to have him again next season.

Would rather have Holder back tbh.
  • Like 1

It's not sensible vs not so sensible at all. I just don't care that much about what Darcy did. He was marginally over the limit, it was wrong, he could of put others at risk, he is paying the price, he hasn't taken a pay cheque in months and hopefully he will have learned his lesson this time.

I still think he is one of the very best riders in the world, he's provided me with some of the best races I've ever seen and I'd love to see many more, especially riding for my home team.

Darcy knows everybody thinks he's a massive wang, he knows there will be no more chances after this one, so I am confident his lesson has been learned the hard way.

Stevebrum, the above comment says it all. Nowhere did I say he should go scottfree. He has been suspensed, not making any earnings. How much more kicking do you do to someone who is down? The example you quote were different circumstances.

Where am i saying he should be kicked when he is down?? Please don't make things up.

The examples i quoted were different circumstances? Really?? Read the quoted post and tell me what was different.

Stefan Danno failed a breath test before a GP in Poland, what is different about those circumstances?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/archive/2000/09/25/6790547.Speedway_star_s_breath_test_shock/?ref=arc

He was then banned for 8 months, do you expect the ban to be any less?

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Speedway%3A+GP+stunner+for+Danno.-a068355819

At the end of the day it's Matt's money that is going into the club, so only he can decide what's best. If that means Darcy is back so be it, I like him as a rider he is a good to watch but that's it! Some tough love needed with him I think.

Would rather have Holder back tbh.

So would I.

• Like 1

So would I.

I'd take Holder over Ward any day.. :t:

The first rider however, that I would have on your team sheet, would be Magic. If, of course he's prepared to ride here, now he's in the Gp's full time.

But of course, nobody actually knows if Ward will be available to ride next year!

The first rider however, that I would have on your team sheet, would be Magic. If, of course he's prepared to ride here, now he's in the Gp's full time.

But of course, nobody actually knows if Ward will be available to ride next year!

judging by the way MF is talking, it would appear he would like Darcy to return subject to the length of the ban of course. The final decision on the length of the ban will take into account the time he has already spent not riding. People can guess and speculate on the length and apparently, we should know in November.

Maybe a year away from riding in the UK would do the lad some good!?.......Time will tell.

I will reiterate again I would like Chris back and hopefully in the team building we can also accommodate Magic!

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Spot on Jacques, Poole's best rider these last few months has been Magic...(a decent bloke too)..

If Poole could get Noddy get back aswell, then Poole would be the team to beat again next year.

Surely Poole wouldn't re-invest in the 'car-crash'that is Ward...

did I actually say that? This is half the issue with a minority of Poole fans reading what is written and twisting it. I said I can 100% understand why Poole fans don't want him next year. If he gets a month ban or 6 month ban is irrelevant I just don't think fans want him back. I never mentioned a lifetime ban or not riding. Just because fe isn't at Poole doesn't stop him riding in Poland or Sweden does it?
  • Like 1

did I actually say that? This is half the issue with a minority of Poole fans reading what is written and twisting it. I said I can 100% understand why Poole fans don't want him next year. If he gets a month ban or 6 month ban is irrelevant I just don't think fans want him back. I never mentioned a lifetime ban or not riding. Just because fe isn't at Poole doesn't stop him riding in Poland or Sweden does it?

Sorry, I misread the original post.