Wasps modern era

Gjedde

Watson

Iversen

Henriksson

Smart

Lindqvist

Lanham

Take out the witches highest ever point scorer who served 20 years? I did think someone would mention why no Gollob, but I'm gonna stick with Chris as he was pretty awesome at home and pretty awesome on nearly all away tracks. Gollob was probably more entertaining, but if I was going to go down that route I would definitely have put the cowboy Cook in. So maybe we could also have a team purely on entertainment.

Gollob

Howe

Nicholls

Eriksen

Loram

Parker

Cook

Good call BM. All great but my personal favourite was Ben Howe. If only he had the application to match the talent.

Can we have Moggo at No 8 for that team?

Neath instead of Silver. Then move Woffinden to reserve and Neath at 3, that team would be amazing

Andrew Silver at his best v Chris Neath at his best?

Jason Crump

Mick Poole

Richard Greer

Ryan Sullivan

Hans Andersen

Zdenek Tesar

Brian Clark

Edited by Crump99

Depends if it's Silver at his peak or after his comeback. Gutted we didn't get a second season of watching Andrew when he made his comeback.

Honourable mention should go to Stefan Ekberg, his signing in 2007 was the one that ensured we won the title that year IMO.

Depends if it's Silver at his peak or after his comeback. Gutted we didn't get a second season of watching Andrew when he made his comeback.

Honourable mention should go to Stefan Ekberg, his signing in 2007 was the one that ensured we won the title that year IMO.

Silver from the early to mid 80's. I caught the end of his last year at Rye House before he went to Arena Essex. Great talent.

Could also make a case for Bob Garrad, Kelvin Mullarkey, Marvin Cox and Karl Fiala for inclusion in the best ever Rockets side

Edited by Shads

1 Per Jonsson

2 Dave Mullet

3 Jeremy Doncaster

4 Armando Castagna

5 Jan Andersson

6 Todd Wiltshire

7 Matej Zagar

tom owen,,,, lewis kerr,,,,, david bargh,,,,, garry stead,,,,, joe owen,,,,Kenny carter,,,,david blackburn

The all-time Witches teams were 1975 and 1976, for all sorts of reasons.

1975:

John Louis, Tony Davey, Mick Hines, Billy Sanders, Mike Lanham, Trevor Jones, Ted Howgego

Also: Dave Gooderham, Andy Hines, Kevin Jolly

1976:

John Louis, Tony Davey, Billy Sanders, Mike Lanham, Ted Howgego, Dave Gooderham, Andy Hines

Also: Kevin Jolly, Trevor Jones, Colin Cook

BL Division One Champions in '75 and Champions & KO-Cup winners in '76. All locally developed and Suffolk-based riders, even adopted Aussie Sanders, who came to Ipswich in 1972 aged 16.

No guests (John Berry's policy at the time): R/R for heat leaders, with juniors promoted to replace missing second strings and reserves.

In 1976 there were second-half demonstration rides by youngsters from the Norfolk & Suffolk Grasstrack Club ... including Carl Baldwin, Andy Hibbs, Tim Hunt and Jeremy Doncaster ...

Edited by Had Enough Too

Silver from the early to mid 80's. I caught the end of his last year at Rye House before he went to Arena Essex. Great talent.

Could also make a case for Bob Garrad, Kelvin Mullarkey, Marvin Cox and Karl Fiala for inclusion in the best ever Rockets side

Kevin Smith and Ashley Pullen went on to have good careers too I believe.

Ive never seen Silver at his best although im told he was amazing. I remember Martin Goodwin being excellent and i always liked Trevor O Brien aswell

Edited by phillipsr

1. Hans Nielsen

2. Marvyn Cox

3. Simon Wigg

4. Ron How

5. Leigh Adams

6. Arne Pander (rode at that position quite a lot between '65 and '68... before it became a reserve position).

7. Martin Dugard

Couldn't fit in Jason Crump, Greg Hancock, Nicki Pedersen, Billy Hamill or Tony Rickardsson.

All the best

Rob

tom owen,,,, lewis kerr,,,,, david bargh,,,,, garry stead,,,,, joe owen,,,,Kenny carter,,,,david blackburn

Nice team but I would switch Kerr, Blackburn and Tom Owen for Nicki P, Rod Hunter and Kenni L. Sadly no place in my team for Robbie Foy!!!!!

Kevin Smith and Ashley Pullen went on to have good careers too I believe.

No room for Jens Rasmussen, who basically carried the team single handed before Martin Goodwin arrived from Arena Essex