British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

No surprise, just a shame Kyle Howarth has left as he was a vastly improved rider last season.

• Like 1

So it's just the last piece of the puzzle remaining... I like Summers but signing him just feels a bit uninspiring, I'm not sure he has any real improvement in him but he could raise his average due to the change in format since he was last with us.

He could be the best bet on the limited points we have left and he does do alright round Brandon. I would be surprised by any other outcome tbh, maybe Robbo would fit? I'm struggling to think of any better alternatives.

Looking solid so far for the Bees. Decent top 4 and 2 good reserves.

So it's just the last piece of the puzzle remaining... I like Summers but signing him just feels a bit uninspiring, I'm not sure he has any real improvement in him but he could raise his average due to the change in format since he was last with us.

He could be the best bet on the limited points we have left and he does do alright round Brandon. I would be surprised by any other outcome tbh, maybe Robbo would fit? I'm struggling to think of any better alternatives.

Unless it's a someone new from abroad then I think it's Summers. He will improve his average no doubt as he will have easier rides than he did in 2013.

• Like 1

Summers had some good results as a guest in 2014. I am particularly thinking of Eastbourne away in August, when he scored 10+1 and beat Gustafsson in heat 15 to get a 4-2 with Andersen to steal an away point for the Bees.

• Like 1

Pooles riders in the play offs

Yes couldn't agree more. Pathetic from our no1 rider.

How about Lasse Bjerre for the last place would he fit..???

Yes couldn't agree more. Pathetic from our no1 rider.

How about Lasse Bjerre for the last place would he fit..???

Yes he would fit.

I think Lasse Bjerre would be better than Summers and he could still double up, rode well last season i thought. Hans did let the Bees down in the play offs but so did Harris to a lesser degree and Hans will give his all most of the time.

Another rider who i think may be worth a go is Ulrich Oostergaard, apparently put in some terrific performances at the showground last season.

Edited by foreverblue

Can Summers double up?

As for Hans, happy with that, he and Bomber proved a dcent partnership, the play off / holiday clash drama obviously didnt helpbut I do suppose the trip was booked way before the play offs and the season over ran.

Edited by Sir Jasper

Yes he would fit.

But would he ride for Horton again, not likely after the shenanigans this year.

Bees signed Andersen as number 1.

That was a big surprise, have they named Summers yet.

Play off contenders I reckon. Good solid line up. Beatable at Brandon though. Especially by the Robins! ;)

• Like 2

Not surprised with Anderson signing but disappointed if I am honest. I can't agree with Mick Horton's comments, a true number one would not go missing and fall short at the business end of the season in my opinion. I am sure the last place will go to Summers, and we have a team that is capable of the play offs, I just hope Hans Anderson is still at the top of his game come the play off final...

• Like 2

Play off contenders I reckon. Good solid line up. Beatable at Brandon though. Especially by the Robins! ;)

Can't see Charles Wright and Lewis Rose scoring 46 even against our 6 man team :D

I think Lasse Bjerre would be better than Summers and he could still double up, rode well last season i thought. Hans did let the Bees down in the play offs but so did Harris to a lesser degree and Hans will give his all most of the time.

Another rider who i think may be worth a go is Ulrich Oostergaard, apparently put in some terrific performances at the showground last season.

Ulrich is very unlikely with both teams having a Friday race night... :wink:

• Like 1

bigcatdiary, on 03 Dec 2014 - 4:10 PM, said:

But would he ride for Horton again, not likely after the shenanigans this year.

That was a big surprise, have they named Summers yet.

Very solid line up to be honest , should be play off contenders ! Could Coventry bring in a 5pt E.U rider ? May be a gamble but a bit of continuity wouldn't hurt !!