British Speedway Forum
SCB

Ftd Reserves

Riders would have to be genuinely missing as is currently the case. So riding PL or injured. That's not going to change. I'm just pointing out that having Carl Wilkinson as a possible back up for draft reserves is better than having to use Brendon Johnson, Matt Williamson or a blank to replace the likes of Newman, Auty, Garrity and Worrall. Teams have to be competitive, meetings have to interest fans or they won't turn up. If that means Wilkinson gets the odd meeting rather than seeing uncompetitive meetings I'm all for it. I'd be against him being in the draft proper but he's not so no need to worry.

Whats worse is the likes of Palovara, Edberg, Fox, Nielsen (Simon), Barrett, Dilger, Benko, Konopka and Covatti have been and could be reserves again in 2015 in the PL, so Carl Wilkinson getting a few meetings in the EL is nothing as 1 it'll be a 1 off (maybe a little more but I bet no more than 6 meetings, I doubt he'll even get 3) and 2 he is British and has raced for over 10 seasons now, possibly 15.

Sorry! We'll have to disagree and leave it at that.

They don't.

According to Rosco on page 3 of this weeks Speedway Star.

IF Poole pick Newman, which is almost certain, they would have one of the last 2nd round picks.

So are the Grade A riders going to be graded?

Andy Warren the guy in charge of the Linksport website has just tweeted 'as things stand' Poole get first pick. I read that as it depends on who they pick in the Grade A draft.

Edited by woz01

It would make more sense if the riders where told which teams they would be riding for. Put all the riders names into a hat and draw them out and put their name to one of the teams. No picking the best riders to boost your teams results to make sure that you are top of the league. Because this year the reserves went a big way to deciding the top 4 teams.

Make it simple and what you get is who you keep for the season unless unable to ride due to injury or fixture clashes.

It would make more sense if the riders where told which teams they would be riding for. Put all the riders names into a hat and draw them out and put their name to one of the teams. No picking the best riders to boost your teams results to make sure that you are top of the league. Because this year the reserves went a big way to deciding the top 4 teams.

Make it simple and what you get is who you keep for the season unless unable to ride due to injury or fixture clashes.

this is the most ridiculous suggestion yet.

• Like 1

why do poole get first pick in round 2 when effectively thay had first pick in round 1 if they stick with newman

last year they had last pick and chose lee smart , so whats changed this year ,

or was it done as a favour if he dropped his idea of having only one draft rider ....

vatcher used to run pooles nl team ......so obviously no inside favours then this year as if......

why do poole get first pick in round 2 when effectively thay had first pick in round 1 if they stick with newman

last year they had last pick and chose lee smart , so whats changed this year ,

or was it done as a favour if he dropped his idea of having only one draft rider ....

vatcher used to run pooles nl team ......so obviously no inside favours then this year as if......

As its been explained to me today -

If, as expected, Poole select Newman as their protected Grade A rider, they will get last pick in group B. If Coventry select Garrity as their protected Grade A rider, they will get the penultimate pick in Group B.

This presupposes that Newman accepts his place in the draft; and that Coventry don't choose to protect a Grade B rider first.

What would happen in respect of order of pick if say poole or kingss lynn do not opt to protect either newman or kerr.

Not sure if I got this right but does this mean Poole get the first pick in both rounds . Newman the best rider then first pick in the second group ? . This draft looks so much better the first pool of riders much more even this year but again it's by this assets crap making it unfair .

Just make this a simple draft .

Not sure if I got this right but does this mean Poole get the first pick in both rounds . Newman the best rider then first pick in the second group ? . This draft looks so much better the first pool of riders much more even this year but again it's by this assets crap making it unfair .

5 riders in the draft list have a higher PL average than Newman so he's not the best rider in the draft list.

The system set in place seems to make sense but it could have been made simpler.

Apparently the draft will work same as last year.

The way to do it is protect the grade rider as there is plenty of quality riders in the a grade list

5 riders in the draft list have a higher PL average than Newman so he's not the best rider in the draft list.

The system set in place seems to make sense but it could have been made simpler.

Kyle was the standout performer last season in the Elite League so the Premier lge averages shouldn't matter a jot to any of the riders.

The main problem will be how it's graded as Kyle should be No 1 & I bet he isn't which will be a joke.

A decision in November will have a major impact on next season & I just hope for once it's main "In the best interests of the sport" as the sport needs it.

If Newman is graded at number 1 in the Grade A list and Poole pick him then Poole will have last choice in the Grade B picks.

Kyle was the standout performer last season in the Elite League so the Premier lge averages shouldn't matter a jot to any of the riders.

The main problem will be how it's graded as Kyle should be No 1 & I bet he isn't which will be a joke.

A decision in November will have a major impact on next season & I just hope for once it's main "In the best interests of the sport" as the sport needs it.

To be fair Josh Auty should be number one. He has had more EL experience than the rest and competed more than adequately in a EL 1-5 before.

Shame it's not the PL otherwise you might have a point .

Edited by orion

You haven't, try reading others posts.