British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TividaleHeathen

Heathens 2015

nothing wrong with the team its a good competive team that should produce some good close meetings, unlike past cradley teams that have been far to strong for good entertainment. Birmingham look to have by far the strongest team .

Clegg is a number 1 capable of beating anybody and I expect him to average nearly 10 and Greaves isn't too far behind ability-wise but I think this season he might beat the number 1 in one race but struggle in the next so he'll average just into the 8s. Ellis will be another heat leader and nearly triple his average in the mid 8s which will let Matt have a season of consolidation and push his average to the low to mid 7s. Arron will beat the 3.00 riders and surprise a few more to add nearly a point also I think he may have a month at reserve at some point alongside Harris or Neale. Neale will benefit with Clegg in the team and average mid 5s with Harris struggling at a new track at first, but after the first set of averages when Ellis may well go straight to number 1, he'll be at reserve and end up on a figure close to Phillips this year. So that gives them a team average of 47 to 49 when they're facing Birmingham in the Gold Cup final with the league trophy in the bag.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

So as everyone suspected Arron Mogridge is the final signing for Cradley Heathens, heres hoping he has an injury free year and he can push his average up.

So as everyone suspected Arron Mogridge is the final signing for Cradley Heathens, heres hoping he has an injury free year and he can push his average up.

He will be a very good signing for the Heathens - he was looking extremely competitive towards the end of last season. I expect Arron to add at least two points to his average, if not more.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Great signing Aaron Mogridge. He'll do well in 2015. As Rob said looked very good at the end of last season. Disappointed he's not riding for Rye though.

Certainly I recon Cradley are the team to ride for in the NL, very well supported which is great for the riders and with loads of people on the terraces make a good atmosphere. Unlike at a few NL tracks, Rye House being one where there is hardly anyone there for NL matches, come to think about it there ain't many there for PL matches in recent years either!

Great signing Aaron Mogridge. He'll do well in 2015. As Rob said looked very good at the end of last season. Disappointed he's not riding for Rye though.

Certainly I recon Cradley are the team to ride for in the NL, very well supported which is great for the riders and with loads of people on the terraces make a good atmosphere. Unlike at a few NL tracks, Rye House being one where there is hardly anyone there for NL matches, come to think about it there ain't many there for PL matches in recent years either!

Only been to Rye House once & you are right. Not a lot of surpport for the home side but, just a sea of green, red & white eating chips & drinking the place dry.

And generally creating trouble like always

If ALL speedway teams had such loyal supporters as Heathens fans are (old and new), speedway would be in afar better state than it is in 2015!

Troll I presume?

And generally creating trouble like always

Generally-Adverb.

in most cases; usually

So you think most Cradley fans are trouble makers...how nice.

Maybe Cradley fans should be banned from going to away matches seeing as they 'generally' seem to create havoc wherever they go.

Edited by martin_t
  • Like 1

Generally-Adverb.

in most cases; usually

So you think most Cradley fans are trouble makers...how nice.

Maybe Cradley fans should be banned from going to away matches seeing as they 'generally' seem to create havoc wherever they go.

If Cradley fans stopped going to away meetings there would be a few, well many, tracks a might upset as their money making night would be missing......food, drink, programmes, etc. would be well down I suspect.

Also, I take being called a trouble maker as a life long Heathens fan offensive as I have been a fan since 1960 PL and never seen any problems wherever I have been!! Perhaps a few of the loonies who cannot understand a true Heathens fan should go to a footie or darts match..... They can be far worse as it shows on TV but who says anything against a football/darts fan!!!!!

As I said....TROLL..................

Edited by berniev123
  • Like 1

Just to get back on topic after the usual diversion..............................I'm looking forward to seeing how this years batch of Heathens gets on.

Cleggy will do a good job but I think it will be a challenge for both Nathan and Matt to take on the other Heat Leader roles as they scored most of their points further down the order last season. I think the biggest asset is going to be Ellis. It wouldn't surprise me to see him end up second in the averages at the end of the season. I also agree with Lucifer Sam that Moggo should make further progress.

It's going to be tough ot achieve the treble when we won't be able to rely on home track advantage for much of the season.

One thing is for sure, we will be there or thereabouts again and that should make sure the support is retained. I think the standard of the racing may suffer due to the reduction in the points limit but everyone has to start somewhere, that's what the NL is about, and let's hope it is as entertaining as the other years since our return..

"One thing is for sure, we will be there or thereabouts again and that should make sure the support is retained. I think the standard of the racing may suffer due to the reduction in the points limit but everyone has to start somewhere, that's what the NL is about, and let's hope it is as entertaining as the other years since our return.."

I completely agree with you that everyone has to start somewhere and I strongly suspect the racing will be very entertaining this season.

The quality of riding may suffer a little but the racing I think will be closer than ever due to the points drop.

Edited by Sings4Kings