British Speedway Forum
customhouseregular

2015 Ice Speedway Gladiators

According to a diffrent Russian source it appears that the Russian federation believes they can replace Makarov for a other Russian rider because he can't ride (health problems). Surely this does not work this way IMO.

It's a difficult situation, if it goes like you said: FIM has nominated a Russian RIDER, not an FMN seed like in other disciplines.

If it were a FMN seed, there would be no problem. Thats not apparently the case though.

I think they have to go down the 2014 standings to find a replacement for Makarov.

FIM updated the Sankt Johann regulations, not sure what changed by they seem to believe that it will still go ahead I guess. Weather forcast looks so-so to me.

Sankt Johann told me that after the weekend they will make the decision if the challenge can go ahead ....

Tani out with an injury. Only Järf for the Finns in Strömsund.

Janne Vilponen will replace Tomi Tani.

Good. :approve:

But interesting, since it was a federation press release that I used as a source and it clearly stated that Järf will be the only Finn. :t:

• Like 1

The Individual Swedish championship final in Uppsala have been cancelled. The organizer, Funbo MS, says

that economic reasons are behind it and it is now known if another organizer is able to take it on.

http://www.racemagazine.se/isracing/sm-finalen-i-uppsala-ar-installd/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Results Strömsund.

1. Frank Zorn 14+3+3,

2. Vitaly Khomitsevich 15+2+2,

3. Antonin Klatovsky 13+2+1,

4. Hans Weber 8+3+0

5. Daniel Henderson 11+1,

6. Mats Järf 10+1,

7. Niclas Kallin Svensson 9+0,

8. Rene Stellingwerf 8+0,

9. Jimmy Olsén 7,

10. Ove Ledström 5+3,

11. Max Niedermayer 5+2,

12. Charly Ebner 5+1,

13. Miroslav Daniszewski 4,

14. Jo Saetre 3,

15. Markus Birn 1,

16. Robert Henderson 1,

17. Mikael Flodin 0,

18. Janne Vilponen 0.

http://www.racemagazine.se/isracing/tva-svenskar-vidare-i-vm-kvalet/

http://www.op.se/sport/motor/succe-for-isracingen-i-stromsund

Edited by Ghostwalker

The challenge in Sankt Johann is cancelled (third year in a row). The FIM will now determine the riders for this years GP series.

Official press release should follow tomorrow I've been told.

Is their not a case for qualifiers and the Challenge being held on indoor tracks...they only need to find 2 or 3.

Is their not a case for qualifiers and the Challenge being held on indoor tracks...they only need to find 2 or 3.

Sounds easy.Obviously isn't.Trouble is,most indoor tracks are used for speed skating(even Berlin which is outdoors)and we are in the speed skating season........generally the tracks are only given over to Ice Speedway after their season has finished at each track,which is why the ice season in Western Europe only really starts at the end of february and finishes a few weeks later.A few years ago when i was in Dresden(which is also an artificial outdoor track) the temps were over 20°+!!!!